Nokia, Samsung, HTC and Huawei will be building Windows Phone 8 devices with Qualcomm Snapdragon chipsets
0. phoneArena posted on 20 Jun 2012, 13:08
Microsoft said its hardware partners for Windows Phone 8 will include Nokia (of course), but also Samsung, HTC and Huawei. Qualcomm Snapdragon will be the silicon of choice, meaning that we will probably see dual-core phones with Snapdragon S4 being predominant in the Windows Phone 8 universe...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Bluesky02 posted on 20 Jun 2012, 13:13 2
: Sony (very very unsure)
8. CX3NT3_713 posted on 20 Jun 2012, 13:47 1
Samsung!!!!! Which needs too make a 5'3" super AMOLED W8 beast !! This is the only way, I'll think of switching from my galaxy note :-)
2. pokharkarsaga posted on 20 Jun 2012, 13:14 6
windows phone summit 2012 made my day, huge improvement jump.....a tough competitor to ice-cream sandwich and ios 6.....great work.......
3. haseebzahid posted on 20 Jun 2012, 13:18 3
hmm i thk NOKIA was holding back the sales bacause of this WP* release
7. KingKurogiii posted on 20 Jun 2012, 13:21 1
well i like that they've only chosen one chipset to roll with but i wish it was something better like an OMAP5 or something.
6. darktranquillity posted on 20 Jun 2012, 13:21 1
Software updates guaranteed for 18 months.
9. InspectorGadget80 posted on 20 Jun 2012, 13:47 2
If i was Samsung or HTC i would drop Windows phone (just saying). until they drop their law suit against Android OS
10. remixfa posted on 20 Jun 2012, 14:51 1
with qualcom already having suppy issues was that really the best choice? maybe its because they are short on lte options. my guess is that we will see more chips down the road as the A15 exynos and OMAP launch.
12. AhmadAlsayegh posted on 20 Jun 2012, 16:03 0
By quarter 4 I believe Qualcom should be able to supply the chips; especially that I think by that time other manufacturers would have their A15 chips out!
11. Jericho posted on 20 Jun 2012, 15:27 1
No Lg! WELL will have to go with Samsung. Koreans FTW.
13. mercorp posted on 20 Jun 2012, 19:40 0
samsung ominia s/note,htc one w,nokia lumia 615/715/815/810 and huawei ascend w.
14. andyboi_ph posted on 20 Jun 2012, 22:00 0
good thing i was holding back on buying WP7.5 which cannot be upgradeable to WP8 as announced. Will just wait for the new release of next gen WP version 8 soon....
16. bayusuputra posted on 21 Jun 2012, 00:12 0
hoooohoooo.. the device in the article looks like a Galaxy Nexus.. hehe.. Samsung Galaxy Windows..
17. imran_khan0786 posted on 21 Jun 2012, 00:39 1
Nokia+pureview+wp8=superb and sucess device. Nokia and window get the share. That is why Nokia hold the sale.
18. shadez10 posted on 21 Jun 2012, 06:06 2
Nokia is the king of Windows Phones... =D
PureView Pro + Rich Recording + Windows Phone 8 + Dual Core = EPIC WIN~!