Nokia, Samsung, HTC and Huawei will be building Windows Phone 8 devices with Qualcomm Snapdragon chipsets
1. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
: Sony (very very unsure)
8. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2016; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Samsung!!!!! Which needs too make a 5'3" super AMOLED W8 beast !! This is the only way, I'll think of switching from my galaxy note :-)
2. pokharkarsaga (Posts: 365; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
windows phone summit 2012 made my day, huge improvement jump.....a tough competitor to ice-cream sandwich and ios 6.....great work.......
3. haseebzahid (Posts: 1848; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
hmm i thk NOKIA was holding back the sales bacause of this WP* release
7. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5673; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
well i like that they've only chosen one chipset to roll with but i wish it was something better like an OMAP5 or something.
5. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5673; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i'd take a nice HTC WP8 handset myself. o:
6. darktranquillity (Posts: 284; Member since: 28 Feb 2012)
Software updates guaranteed for 18 months.
9. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6979; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
If i was Samsung or HTC i would drop Windows phone (just saying). until they drop their law suit against Android OS
10. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
with qualcom already having suppy issues was that really the best choice? maybe its because they are short on lte options. my guess is that we will see more chips down the road as the A15 exynos and OMAP launch.
12. AhmadAlsayegh (Posts: 266; Member since: 18 Jul 2011)
By quarter 4 I believe Qualcom should be able to supply the chips; especially that I think by that time other manufacturers would have their A15 chips out!
11. Jericho (Posts: 302; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
No Lg! WELL will have to go with Samsung. Koreans FTW.
13. mercorp (Posts: 990; Member since: 28 Jan 2012)
samsung ominia s/note,htc one w,nokia lumia 615/715/815/810 and huawei ascend w.
14. andyboi_ph (Posts: 101; Member since: 26 Mar 2012)
good thing i was holding back on buying WP7.5 which cannot be upgradeable to WP8 as announced. Will just wait for the new release of next gen WP version 8 soon....
16. bayusuputra (Posts: 958; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
hoooohoooo.. the device in the article looks like a Galaxy Nexus.. hehe.. Samsung Galaxy Windows..
17. imran_khan0786 (Posts: 61; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
Nokia+pureview+wp8=superb and sucess device. Nokia and window get the share. That is why Nokia hold the sale.
18. shadez10 (Posts: 408; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
Nokia is the king of Windows Phones... =D
PureView Pro + Rich Recording + Windows Phone 8 + Dual Core = EPIC WIN~!