Nokia Rivendale and HTC Z4 codenames appear, could they be the next major launch?
0. phoneArena 17 Jul 2013, 03:54 posted on
Skipping back to Nokia’s last week Lumia 1020 event we uncovered an interesting little detail that went under our radars initially…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. james004 (Posts: 471; Member since: 15 May 2013)
Looks like lumia 1020 with smaller camera module and body instead made of aluminium.
2. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
It's a larger Lumia 1020 to be exact, at least 5 inches of screen size, If you look back larger photos of previous leaks of this same shell, the volume, power and camera shutter keys seem to be further apart of each other, indicating a large device. As for camera,, probably it is scaled down a bit, no idea.
11. ianbbaa (Posts: 196; Member since: 20 Mar 2013)
with the upcoming GDR3 WP update, i ll guess 1080p screen and maybe quadcore - they need to catch up the hardware train -whether you need it or not in the device itself - market just scream for it - 1080p quad and more...
12. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
And anything under 5 inch does not need 1080p, which is why im guessing this one has at least 5 inch of sreen, the phone does look pretty big to me.
15. james004 (Posts: 471; Member since: 15 May 2013)
so this is lumia 925 + 1020 and bigger screen as you are guessing.
31. MistB (Posts: 570; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
The rumours point to a size of at least 5.3 inches diagonal.
28. akki20892 (Posts: 3419; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
it is dude, wait for Nokia World, this is phablet and will have 1080p and quad core with WP 8.1.
5. mi55u (unregistered)
metal-built doesn't survive company as whole, sorry then
17. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Thats's right L925 L928 and this won't sell well.
29. akki20892 (Posts: 3419; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
i know that right now time is really tough for nokia but u know what in Nokia World nokia will surprise us.
35. ramses_rea (Posts: 1; Member since: 01 Aug 2013)
I think Nokia have stopped doing Nokia World and are instead doing smaller, more personal events. The wrota bout ot on Nokia Conversations. The article is called "Nokia World gets new format and date."
6. HeWhoDoesNothing (Posts: 157; Member since: 15 Jul 2013)
I think Z4 might turn out to be a 5.4-incher. HTC's larger flagship.
10. wendygarett (unregistered)
Nope, a wp8 version of One :)
13. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
Im thinking there will be Z4 and Z7 just like the M4 and M7 for One mini and One. There should be at least 2 windows phone devices from HTC.
8. pwnarena (Posts: 873; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
lumias with 1080p displays and quad core processors.
sony be scared.
9. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5399; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Why would Sony be scared about this? Samsung is the one who should be scared about this. Brace yourself, Samsung!
16. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Samsung scared of Nokia!
They have released 4 highend handsets, and they are not selling well! Only Nokias midrange are selling, like Nokia which they are good at low, budget and mid series.
NokiaWp8 coming back, what a joke! I have never seen anyone with Nokia devices nowadays.
Nokia is dead in consumers theory.
18. Mozarrt (Posts: 295; Member since: 08 Oct 2011)
Wait for the Q2 Results before you make those assumptions. For all we know they might be selling pretty well. Nokia never discloses the sales they have.
23. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Yea selling mid and low range will not make them recover.
All Androids Oems are selling there highend devices very well, except Nokia.
25. Dastrix (Posts: 587; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
Sounds like you can officially apply to be a Wall Street analyst, kid.
26. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Jealous more like
Samsung Android Ftw®
Nokia Wp Rip™
34. Dastrix (Posts: 587; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
Sure, I'm so jealous of your sh!tty English! Go back to kindergarten retard.
NOKIA WP FTW!
Samdung Lagdroid RIP.
22. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
20. Sonny_09 (Posts: 49; Member since: 24 May 2013)
Nokia RIvendale. That's some cool name. :)
21. daniel_bargs (Posts: 323; Member since: 27 Nov 2010)
Another beta phone from Nokia and Microsoft. And that non-removable battery, ewww Nokia, are you making disposable toys?
30. _Bone_ (Posts: 2124; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
1080p Lumia, metal body, 3000mAh and the PureView - THAT's when I might switch.
32. Chris_Bakke (Posts: 201; Member since: 23 Jan 2013)
Well I know that Aupres means nearby in French. I'm not sure if that helps at all
33. shahrullevin (Posts: 2; Member since: 18 Jul 2013)
Squarish lens.. Has to do with Pelican Imaging I guess.. :)