Nokia RM-877 visits FCC wearing AT&T banding, could be the Nokia EOS
While the first thought that comes to mind is that this is the Nokia EOS, which is expected to be unwrapped July 11th during an event in New York, the second thought that comes to mind is also the EOS. That is because the documents mention the testing of the device with a camera grip, model PD-95G. Also tested was an optional wireless charging cover as well.
Did the Nokia EOS just make it through the FCC?
source: FCC via Engadget
2. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 948; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
Nokia WP8.x EOS = My next smartphone :)
3. sniper1087 (Posts: 311; Member since: 31 Dec 2011)
I agree this would be my next phone, when its out, the 925 has an amazing camera, cant imagine this one, maybe Pureview Version 3 and maybe 7 lenses?
17. haseebzahid (Posts: 1775; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
next RnD in pipeline was 16 lens array and adjustable aperture
4. PermanentHiatus (Posts: 237; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
With all the hype the EOS camera is getting, the sensor size must be at least 1/1.7" or it will be a major disappointment.
5. Paradox (Posts: 122; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
The 808 is 1/1.2" so I imagine that this will be the same. I don't actually know what that sensor size means because for some reason lower numbers are bigger, so perhaps you'll be kind enough to explain it to me:)
6. PermanentHiatus (Posts: 237; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
Why sensor size matters:
7. akki20892 (Posts: 2693; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
common stuff dude, nokia n8 have 1/1.83 which is really old phone 2010. and Nokia 808 have really huge sensor 1/1.2, then why u saying the sensor size must be at least 1/1.7. EOS will have huge sensor like 808 or maybe even huge1/1.1 or 1/1.0 who know.
8. PermanentHiatus (Posts: 237; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
I said 1/1.7" to match the current high end Canon point-and-shoots like S110 and G15. The quality of Nokia EOS lens will also be a big factor.
13. feres13 (Posts: 295; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
71.4mm wide? The S4 has a 5" display and is 69mm wide. Too much bezel for a 4.5" device
20. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
And that's why Nokia phones are tough. I dont hate bezels.
22. CyberAngel (Posts: 46; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
How about handling, too?
You don't accidentally touch the screen when you grip your phonecam for a nice steady photo...
14. mi55u (unregistered)
19. tashreef (Posts: 475; Member since: 24 Nov 2012)
then what are doing on Nokia article ?
yehh right, who cares.
21. Dadler22 (Posts: 159; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
Verizon will get a plastic version in 6 months