Nokia Pure view could mean a huge bump in megapixels: here's why
0. phoneArena 22 Feb 2012, 08:25 posted on
Earlier today, Nokia teased us with its Nokia Pure View camera technology focusing around three pillars: pure definition, pure depth and pure detail…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
26. Lucas777 (Posts: 2137; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
no kidding.. if this is a legit analysis, that is one heck of a camera… why does nokia have to do this before even getting the 900 to the us…
3. drahmad (Posts: 480; Member since: 20 Aug 2011)
People call me a third world Nokia Fan but I still feel no shame to Love you Nokia !
4. PhansMuneeb (Posts: 355; Member since: 28 Jan 2012)
Woooooooow........Super Camera Phone.
And great mind.
5. -box- (Posts: 3933; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Yes please! Just make it more easily available on the U.S., especially for T-Mobile HSPA+ and AT&T LTE and HSPA+
6. hritikbhimani (Posts: 26; Member since: 08 Jan 2012)
steve elop ...do somthin....this symbian 's gonna outsell all ur WPhones
Long Live symbian......old is gold
7. bbblader (Posts: 586; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
the n8 seems pale?
so maybe it can really be 24Mpx+ best cameraphone lens ever+ optical zoom+ 1080p full HD video
9. hritikbhimani (Posts: 26; Member since: 08 Jan 2012)
haha.....evn if its 3/4th tru of dat..i ll tak it right away :D
8. chapizzo (Posts: 116; Member since: 13 Sep 2011)
i like, i like, i like. Maybe this is what will stop me from trying out android a bit longer. Let This be the biggest, baddest Symbian and i am so gonna get it.
10. andro. (Posts: 1977; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Looks like it'll be a great camera on a dodgey (windows) phone which would make a package like the n8 which also wasn't a particularly great phone but i must say had the best camera on a phone i've ever used to date
11. shadez10 (Posts: 408; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
sony's new 12mpx smartphone will get its ass kicked... ahahhaha...
13. bbblader (Posts: 586; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
it got ass kicked by the n8 too so no comment
29. shadez10 (Posts: 408; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
indeed it is... the actual photo taken by the n8 and the xperia S is pretty good but you can still see the n8's photo is much more realistic and much detailed than the xperia S... so that means all phones gets its ass kicked by the N8... LOL!!! xD
23. torr310 (Posts: 519; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
Sony Arc S has very fast shot-to-shot time.
I didn't know how it compares to N8. I hope Nokia will have their phones with fast shot-to-shot time too!
15. Karan_Malhotra (Posts: 27; Member since: 17 Feb 2012)
Sorry dude...its the sony that will be ass kicked by this bad ass phone...
12. snowgator (Posts: 3340; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
Sounds like a pure winner. Pun completely intended. Would look great on WP8 devices as well as the Symbian line that seems to refuse to allow Nokia to kill off. Hope it pushes great sales on both.
14. ZEUS.the.thunder.god (unregistered)
now this is gonna be real BIG
16. refreak (Posts: 29; Member since: 18 Dec 2011)
sonys new 12mp ?????
Are u kidding ????
This one is gonna make nikon and canon cry..
19. Penny (Posts: 1342; Member since: 04 Feb 2011)
I have to say, I think this analysis is incorrect.
First of all, just to say that the shots numbered 1, 2, and 3 came from the single wide shot would imply that this camera has some SERIOUS megapixels. I have a Canon 5D Mark II, which is a 21 megapixel, full frame sensor DSLR camera, and even its images cannot be zoomed in to the degree shown in this analysis with this kind of definition.
Second of all, the placement of the camera and angles at which the close-up shots were taken do not match those from the main photo, indicating that the close-up shots were not taken from the main photo.
Still amazing camera quality for a smartphone, but I don't think we should be expecting a camera that can let you blow up images to the degree suggested and with the quality evident in this analysis.
20. Cwebb (Posts: 501; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
Can't wait to see how big the lens is going to look. My best guess would be that they'd put this monster on a Win8 tab, that way it doesn't stick out. Who wouldn't want that!
22. torr310 (Posts: 519; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
Hey Nokia, have you consider making a super compact camera which takes exellent shots?
27. DontHateOnS60 (Posts: 864; Member since: 20 Apr 2009)
Too bad WP can't handle a camera of this caliber. That would be awesome in the US. I'd love to hear the silence from 4S fanboys who think their phone is king of the world.
28. Penny (Posts: 1342; Member since: 04 Feb 2011)
The only thing WP7 currently can't handle is 1080p video recording, due to the single core processors in their current phones. There's no reason why WP7 wouldn't be able to handle taking still pictures like this...
30. shadez10 (Posts: 408; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
WP7 cant handle this kind of still pictures... its photo processing power is still limited compared to symbian...
31. Shubham412302 (Posts: 321; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
may be 12mp but lens may be the best