Nokia Normandy listed on Vietnam retailer's site with access to some Google services
0. phoneArena 27 Jan 2014, 02:34 posted on
The largest online retailer in Vietnam, The Gioididong.com, has posted a listing for the Nokia Normandy. A Nokia Asha like handset purportedly powered by a forked version of Android, the listing posts specs already leaked for the device. That would include the 4 inch screen with 480 x 854 resolution, the dual-core 1GHz Snapdragon 200 processor under the hood, 512MB of RAM and 4GB of native storage...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Adithya7184 (Posts: 317; Member since: 05 Mar 2011)
snapdragon 200 with 512MB ram...this would be named as "Nokia Lagmia"...lol
dear nokia, this is not windows phone...512mb ram with cortex a5 processor on top of android 4.4 is a joke..
3. DEATHSTROKE9 (Posts: 399; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
Have you heard of project svelte in android 4.4? Kitkat is designed to run comfortably on 512 Mb ram devices. About the processor, this is a midrange phone after all so it will have a cheap processor.
16. tech2 (Posts: 2982; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
With those specs its not mid-range its low-range considering its Android.
Moto G is mid-range with snapdragon 400 and 1GB ram, not this !
24. Adithya7184 (Posts: 317; Member since: 05 Mar 2011)
but when you lots of load apps from play store your device may become slower due to background processes. as far 4.4 concerned,i am currently running custom 4.4.2 rom on galaxy S2.
17. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Troll, everybody has their preferences and its no surprise they choose the most advanced OS in the world! Now go away
20. Minh97vn (Posts: 1; Member since: 27 Jan 2014)
Thegioididong.com not The Gioididong.com
Việt Nam mà
21. akki20892 (Posts: 3784; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Good price and specs looks good and of course the Nokia name, will sold more. Go Nokia.
2. DEATHSTROKE9 (Posts: 399; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
So no scroogled campaign now? Either way, the Nokia android phone is almost here.
4. ScottSchneider (Posts: 324; Member since: 06 Dec 2011)
Fake News... Google Now... You gotta be F*#king kidding me...
And the Ashima Banerjee contact live tile is always there in the Normandy...
5. boosook (Posts: 1255; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
I agree, it's fake or a mistake. If the Normandy is real, then the Google apps won't be there for sure.
8. Vanster (Posts: 124; Member since: 15 Jan 2014)
haha when phone is coming everybody say why? And
When the nokia not using android too, everybody say why?
9. muser793 (Posts: 56; Member since: 15 Aug 2013)
So you're telling me microsoft wanna make money from google's os?!?! I don't believe it, even if normandy is for real it won't run android os. Maybe it's new nokia os or something...
23. elitewolverine (Posts: 3370; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
They already make money off of Google's os and android in general, to the tune of BILLIONS a year.
They even make money on every PS3 sold because of blueray, MS gets money for its codec with the BlueRay consortum.
I think people in general forget how expansive their portfolio is.
11. HaiNguyen13 (Posts: 1; Member since: 27 Jan 2014)
DO NOT believe it, it's a fake infomation, by the way it's name "Thế Giới Di Động" means "the mobile world", not "the GioiDiDong".
13. ltmduy (Posts: 1; Member since: 27 Jan 2014)
thegioididong.com please check again! "the" here is not an article, it's "thế" in Vietnam
14. namtz (Posts: 1; Member since: 27 Jan 2014)
guys ... it's a cheap and shocking ads, nothing more :)
18. alumoyo (Posts: 259; Member since: 26 Aug 2013)
I also vote FAKE! Looks more like this site just took the leaks and pictures which are already out there - and then spiced it up a bit. Google Maps? On a Nokia? DON'T THINK SO! I doubt its gonna be sold using its internal codename - NO WAY they would call it Normandy.
22. 7thspaceman (Posts: 1336; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
Hmm I have read no Nokia press statements or response to these Tech sites blogs about this Nokia "Normandy Android OS smart phone. Until I do, I think this thing is a crazy man's Fantasy phone. it kind of reminds me of The MS Surface smart phone. It looked good and specs were good but it never Materialized as a fact. Folks before Nokia even Puts Normandy out they have to get Microsoft's Approval because MS will have to support it and all the Windows 8 Lumia smart phones Nokia has made prior to the Microsoft/Nokia deal closure. the deal could close before this month is out 5 days left in January folks.