Nokia N9 rooted, courtesy of Inception exploit
0. phoneArena 07 Mar 2012, 07:21 posted on
Inception is a newly released software tool for the Nokia N9. It allows full access to the smartphone's inner workings, which power users might find very useful...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. ddxmms (Posts: 145; Member since: 09 Feb 2012)
nokia will only need to product the hardware..
2. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
great , now donate some n9's to cynaogen and make sure cm9 works on it
3. monoceros (Posts: 1; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
PLEASE BE ACCURATE. Nokia N9 gives already root access to its users. Inception tool "simply" remove some security restriction in nokia-aegis components. It's not a root and it's not an exploit.
Infact, to install Inception package you need to be root in N9 terminal using "devel-su" command.
4. Shubham412302 (Posts: 298; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
waiting for nitdroid to release the fixed version of ics for n9
5. flopjoke (Posts: 42; Member since: 05 Jan 2012)
I don't think waiting for N9 v2 will prove to be helpful, right? I should just buy this amazing thing and hack the heck out of it.