Nokia N9 now sold in the States via Expansys, costs $690
1. ivanko34 (Posts: 617; Member since: 04 Sep 2011)
Maybe a mistake about the price ?
Or also a mistake about the OS.
10. DetroitTech (Posts: 54; Member since: 02 Nov 2011)
I'm thinking that price is right considering a Galaxy Note is $900+!!!
3. bluechrism (Posts: 98; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Also sold by Negri Electronics ($685), Amazon $685), Cells4U ($649) and others. Nice that Expansys bought their price down - $749 which they had it for through october, was way too much.
5. Jeromeo (Posts: 135; Member since: 11 Jan 2010)
Wait a few months and pay 1/3 that price.
I would know; I paid $699 for a N900 that dropped to $400 2 months after my purchase.
Remember, this price point was set before Android *truly* exploded, before iOS was available with multiple price points (3G, 3GS, 4, 4S), and before Nokia, Intel, and The Linux Foundation altogether tossed Maemo/Moblin/Meego into a ditch to rot--permanently.
Do not make the mistake I made by hoping Nokia will support this device for more than 6 months. You can hope in one hand and sh*t in the other and see which hand gets filled first...
6. bluechrism (Posts: 98; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Wow, i don't remember the n900 being that high, but it had been out a month or so when i bought mine for around $550. The price for the n9 needs to drop below $600 for me to begin to justfiy it.
7. rafael.roque (Posts: 78; Member since: 03 Jul 2010)
Good to hear this advertised; I personally love my N9 :)!
9. Just_a_boy (Posts: 183; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Nice price in US you are spoiled this smartfphone cost 970 dollfars in my country so its is affordable for me a Samsung galaxy s 2 here cost 1400 dollars and we don't cry for this.