Nokia N9 might dual-boot into ICS soon
0. phoneArena 09 Feb 2012, 08:12 posted on
The first and only MeeGo smartphone, the Nokia N9, might soon turn into an Android device. Well, if you’re into some hacking - Alexey Roslyakov of the NITDroid team has posted…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. karanstyle (Posts: 188; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
F**kin Awesome!! :-O
I wish that they may just manufacture Hardwares like laptop companies and It should be be our choice to install an OS of our choice!! :-)
Love you Nokia for these type of Innovative Ideas!
3. prashant_93 (unregistered)
And they say its not abt hardware
28. karanstyle (Posts: 188; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
A good person/organization will never boast itself like Apple does for crappy & expensive devices.
4. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1488; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
Nokia N9 is another great legacy device....multiple operating systems...
5. windowsRocks (Posts: 152; Member since: 28 Oct 2011)
This clearly describes the popularity of Android.
6. shadez10 (Posts: 418; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
that shows that nokia is so capable of making android devices that could take down the popularity of samsung's galaxy line...
if only nokia acquire Android as their primary OS im sure that the Samsung galaxy S II wont be that popular device today.
7. windowsRocks (Posts: 152; Member since: 28 Oct 2011)
World class products always capture the market like Galaxy Sll. Nokia always fails when it comes to making Touch Screen Phones.
24. shadez10 (Posts: 418; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
nokia is always top on making hardware for devices... and FYI nokia's touch screen phones are great... its the OS that makes the touch unresponsive...
10. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Yeah, but they choose Windows, too bad..
But keep dreaming! =]
8. Mobile-X-Pert (Posts: 565; Member since: 20 Dec 2010)
If they manage to get ICS fully working on the N9 I might consider getting the N9 (White one), I also love Meego but the lack of support on apps is what is holding it back.. but anyway Meego + ICS would be a killer combination....I love Nokia phones so I guess for right now I will have to wait for a killer WP7 phone.
9. andro. (Posts: 1994; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Th ironic thing about this is that if the n9 was android in the first place or any of the current lumia phones also then nokia would have huge sales for these devices. The majority of those buying smartphones are overall buying android and want to use the android os,and the many loyal nokia feature phone users out there would whole heartily take the leap to android with nokia if it was available.
Nokia on the other hand decided to go with the worst performing and most unwanted os in windows and sales have been dire as a result.
18. simplyj (Posts: 404; Member since: 23 Dec 2009)
Worst performing? It performs a whole letter better on a 1GHz single core CPU than a GSII with a 1.5GHz dual-core CPU.
Unwanted? 9 million+ people use Windows Phone just by looking at Facebook stats.
25. andro. (Posts: 1994; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Thats nine millions spread across a range of up to maybe 50 windows phone models so each individual phone does not sell well overall.
Also in context 9 million out of a world population in the billions is very very small.
Also in comparison android is selling up to 900,000 models per day so in just ten days times android would have sold the exact same as the entire windows user base so far.
Looking at this you can see how small the windows sales actually are.
11. Mobile-X-Pert (Posts: 565; Member since: 20 Dec 2010)
I know that android is cool and everything but the fact it is on every phone is what I don't like about android and besides that Android is not very stable when it comes to performace, that's why I'd rather have a WP7 phone...and I also hate when an Apple fan boy tells that ''my phone lags and his doesn't'' LOL
12. ReturningToNokia (Posts: 130; Member since: 09 Jul 2011)
Seeing that Android OS on the N9 is blasphemy!
I totally understand why Nokia did not want the vomit that is Android, officially on its hardware.
21. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Based on your nickname, I'm pretty sure you'd have been the biggest Android fanboy if they had chosen Android.
14. 7thspaceman (Posts: 1410; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
hmm I wanted Nokia and Microsoft to put windows phone 8 on the Nokia N9 wow what a combination that would be in fact I wish Micros0oft would have made a special version
of Windows phone 7 for Nokia that would work on the N9 that replaced those 3 bottoms with on screen capacitive buttons. they would have saved Nokia time and money and Nokia would have had a Nokia N9-A with windows phone 7 on it and been in the market place months before the Nokia Lumia 800 got on the market place. wow I hope that Microsoft helps out it's OEM partners by allowing them to use different CPU chipsets.
15. dhruba (Posts: 27; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
I think the possibility of a perfect Android N9 is near zero because there will be bugs that might make the phone unusable as the main phone
16. Sarath (Posts: 19; Member since: 17 Jan 2012)
Nokia N9 would have been a super hit if he had done it at the time of it's release.
But sadly,android 4.0 was not available at that time.
17. AndresJ (Posts: 48; Member since: 06 Feb 2012)
Nokia should have plan B - Android rather than having plan B - A must succeed ( Plan A - Windows Phone).
19. gallitoking (Posts: 4718; Member since: 17 May 2011)
wow.. it was an amazing device and with ICS.. is a little hold back but I got to admit Nokia does make killer devices... and it makes ICS look good...
20. Cwebb (Posts: 501; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
Gorgeous phone, gorgeous OS... What could go wrong?*
*Really small screen for on-screen buttons could
22. mercorp (Posts: 998; Member since: 28 Jan 2012)
If only i got an n9....i settled for the galaxy r!now i really want to killl myself!
27. Shubham412302 (Posts: 403; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
if they port i will buy n9 realllllly