Nokia N8 steps into daylight, mounting Symbian^3
0. phoneArena 27 Apr 2010, 05:21 posted on
Nokia has finally announced its much-rumored Nokia N8 flagship smartphone. The handset will be powered by the new Symbian^3 operating system and will come with a 12MP camera...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. som (Posts: 768; Member since: 10 Nov 2009)
Nice tried NOKIA to take over SLR Digital Camera but 12mp is no match to 25mp top SLR camera available. Nokia is 3 years behind Samsung Pixon 12 and 2 years behind Sony Ericcson in 12 mp camera phones.
3. lookitdisguy (Posts: 32; Member since: 09 Dec 2009)
You're right 12mp is no match to a 25mp camera... because 25 is a bigger number than 12...
4. zerglisk (Posts: 544; Member since: 09 Feb 2010)
Nokia is NOT a camera company last time I checked.... I like their promotion video though, kinda neat
10. behold--me (Posts: 650; Member since: 22 Jun 2009)
Uh som, stupid comment. Those are stand-alone cameras, this is a camera phone. Get it right. And btw, this phone is gonna completely kick asz
12. k73 (Posts: 1; Member since: 28 Apr 2010)
Wonder whether Nokia produces own sensor or they simply bought from Canon?
2. 4nak1n (Posts: 4; Member since: 18 Apr 2010)
Definitely i gonna buy that. Using along with my HTC desire and ipod touch. Nothing is impossible now.
5. Jeromeo (Posts: 135; Member since: 11 Jan 2010)
The most interesting part is not the megapixels, but the fact that it can work on AT&T, T-Mobile, & Global 3G WCDMA bands.http://www.cellphonesignal.com
7. shimmyx20 (Posts: 280; Member since: 03 Mar 2009)
Yeah, that is awesome! I hope this becomes more widespread. I'd love to be able to buy an unlocked GSM phone, and not have to worry about whether it's going to work on EDGE only.
9. pathmarkpolice (Posts: 102; Member since: 05 Feb 2009)
Hell yeah, I agree 100%, Nokia should do this for every phone they make. I don't want to have to search the internet for versions of the phone that will work with my 3g bands, etc. It's a pain in the ass! Good job Nokia!
11. behold--me (Posts: 650; Member since: 22 Jun 2009)
Oh yeah, I saw that on cellphonesignal also. This phone is gonna kill in sales because it can be user freakin anywhere in the world basically. My only hope is that they use a glass screen on this phone, cuz those are super durable and don't scratch (iPhone) oh wait, will they sue nokia if they do use glass and multitouch??? And a super durable plastic or metal for the body. And a slider-cover-thing over the camera
6. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
For a phone 12MP is awesome...no american carrier has better than 8MP and 3MP is the norm....not sure about the slower ARM processor at 650 MHZ or so....
8. pathmarkpolice (Posts: 102; Member since: 05 Feb 2009)
I don't think the processor will be a big problem. Symbian isn't that power hungry. The 600mhz processor on the nokia n900 isn't a problem, so I think this should be fine. Have to watch reviews of it though.
13. Frankie Fish (Posts: 5; Member since: 24 Apr 2010)
N900 runs on Maemo. I hope this doesn't lag or close applications without any warnings. If there is no lag or huge memory utilisation, then this phone is gonna be a hit.Other features barely matters now.