Nokia Monarch is the Nokia Lumia 635 for T-Mobile?
0. phoneArena 12 Apr 2014, 13:43 posted on
As March was coming to an end, a tweet from evleaks revealed a new handset coming to T-Mobile, called the Nokia Monarch. With a royal name like that, we theorized that this would be a high-end Windows Phone model. But a new tweet from the master leaker reveals that the Nokia Monarch is actually the Nokia Lumia 635...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. PressStart (Posts: 119; Member since: 08 Apr 2014)
Wow...just wow. I can stop digging for new info on this Monarch. 512mb of RAM and no camera flash. Jeez. Looks like TMo is getting all the scrap Nokias no other carriers wanted. I'll probably still get the 635 next upgrade with envy from the other carriers' line of sweet spec'd Nokias.
4. Salazzi (Posts: 537; Member since: 17 Feb 2014)
We should all just collectively pee on Nokia. This is maddening. They release the 930.. only for the rest of the world. The Icon... only for Verizon. The 1520.. only for AT&T. They're just a bunch of douchebags, if you ask me!
14. PressStart (Posts: 119; Member since: 08 Apr 2014)
Now I'm actually thinking of boycotting Nokia. That's not a satisfactory gadget, imo. I'm not gonna settle...but the price...
23. akki20892 (Posts: 3900; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Have seen low end device before. You notice this Nokia low end device except other OEM low end device, so that means its popular than compare to other OEM low end device.
28. PressStart (Posts: 119; Member since: 08 Apr 2014)
Because it's popular means its better than some low-end devices? I've never owned a Lumia. Would there be any advantages be if I picked up the 635 switching from the Nexus 5?
30. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
YOU WOULD BE MUCH BETTER OF WITH THE NEW 930 OR THE 1020, cause the N5 is a highend and the 635 low[ mid.
31. PressStart (Posts: 119; Member since: 08 Apr 2014)
I agree. The only thing is, I'm a t-mo customer. Looks like I'm s.o.l.
39. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2071; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
There wont be any advantages if you switch from a high end phone to a low end phone!
29. Liveitup (Posts: 1798; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
Great addition for the market demographic they are vying for, WP is a great experience so much so its convinced the whole tech industry to go flat, clean and minimalistic, even mega popular Android smartphones like HTC one looks like an imitation of WP homescreen. People imitate what they admire.
35. shyguy3763 (Posts: 52; Member since: 27 Oct 2013)
For Christ sake T-mobile,offer a NEW high end Nokia device already!
40. RSmith (Posts: 2; Member since: 17 Apr 2014)
T-Mobile usually gets most of the Nokia phones (eventually). The unfortunate thing is the new 630/635 phones are listed with 512MB of RAM - and this really keeps them at the low end. With new phones, Nokia should have increased RAM to 1024MB. Why they hobble themselves, I don't understand.
41. blegs38552 (Posts: 2; Member since: 21 Aug 2006)
T-Mobile is advertising this as the Lumia 635 on their web site (as coming soon), not as Monarch.