Nokia Lumia sales up a massive 200% from the same period last year
0. phoneArena 29 Oct 2013, 07:35 posted on
Nokia Corporation has released its interim report for Q3 2013, and there are some pretty substantial signs, indicating that the company's handset business is going through a renaissance of sorts...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
11. eisenbricher (Posts: 972; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
The beast is recovering!
With the newer devices I see a bright future.
One more thing, they need to release a successor / brother of the most popular 520. Lot of people will be happy to buy.
17. Finalflash (Posts: 1994; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
Problem is that while the products were in Nokia's capable hands and next year it will be with MS. Watch them screw it all up in one retarded year.
25. suavemezie (Posts: 65; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
what haters like you are not smart enough to observe is since Nokia partners Microsoft, they are gradually resurrecting from the grave. Nokia will rule again under Microsoft
30. tadaa (Posts: 265; Member since: 18 Apr 2013)
they could have risen faster if they did not adopt wp exclusively. and nokia will not rule again under microsoft, because after the deal nokia phones will cease to exist. they'll be branded as microsoft phones.
36. Dastrix (unregistered)
That hasn't been disclosed yet, so you can't say that for sure. What I'm confident about however, is that the Nokia brand WILL stay.
35. quakan (Posts: 1247; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
Microsoft doesn't even rule amongst platforms so that should tell you how high Nokia can go from here with them.
19. KParks23 (Posts: 491; Member since: 13 Oct 2010)
Wish i still had my stock....... Damn it lol
22. akki20892 (Posts: 3741; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Hey there is KIA car.
Hey there is NO-KIA car.
6. fouadqr (Posts: 320; Member since: 21 Nov 2012)
Samsung sold 85 million smart phone in Q3 ..BUT wait !!
20 million galaxy s3 &4 / 10 million note / the other ..are galaxy young ..pocket..mini..galaxy star...etc -_- !!!
12. eisenbricher (Posts: 972; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
Dunno... I wonder if even Samsung remembers all the phone models they have released so far xD
14. Dunknown (Posts: 84; Member since: 23 Jul 2012)
What is your reason to state such? Samsung use dirty tricks on HTC. Maybe Samsung also do such to most mobile phone maker like Nokia, Blackberry, or even Motorolla (Opinion). Samsung sold 85 million smartphone in Q3 could not match what Motorolla and Nokia sold for the past few decades.
15. dritani (Posts: 13; Member since: 14 Oct 2013)
Samdungs a, b,c,d...star, pocket or young and who knows what else, just can't compare to NL520, 620, or even ashas; Lumia's budget smartphones are much better than others!
27. joey_sfb (Posts: 3722; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Why is Samsung even being mention in a Nokia article?
Let Nokia shrine! Last few posting shows bitterness which i avoid by buying what i like and what i like is the things that give me maximum value.
26. sbw44 (Posts: 425; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
The Nokia 1110 sold over 250 million units! also the 2010 Nokia 5230 sold 150 million units which is a smartphone!
8. papss (unregistered)
Don't hate, congratulate man...
18. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9483; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Def. not hating. I'm an avid supporter of the 520 for someone wanting to spend less than $120 on a smartphone.
20. SAYED-EJAZ (Posts: 225; Member since: 10 Oct 2013)
I am also supporting 520 , its good for that price..
Its better than android devices at that same price at some points . :)
34. joey_sfb (Posts: 3722; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
I played with the Lumia 625. Its a good budget phone as well.
4. GrmanR (Posts: 41; Member since: 09 Apr 2013)
Let's be honest this has been the year for great Nokia Hardware
5. papss (unregistered)
Good for m$ and it's mobile os. I love nokia and love the platform. Wish them the best.
10. dritani (Posts: 13; Member since: 14 Oct 2013)
Elop and Microsoft killed NOKIA, unfortunaltly; because they knew the jewel they were taking! And will miss Nokia brand and it's hardware quality so much...forever!
13. eisenbricher (Posts: 972; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
lol never. Microsoft sure is a shark, but they are very competitive business people and know where the profit is. They'd never give up on the most profitable aspect of Nokia, which is the design language and quality. In fact they will pour more money into that.
16. Antonyjoseph (Posts: 216; Member since: 06 Apr 2013)
MS has too much stake in WP platform to let it fail. Go Nokia...
21. Sondae (Posts: 202; Member since: 02 Jan 2013)
Well thats part of having one WP maker. Still good work Nokia you havent lost your touch in making a good phone even on a low end type. Keep it up.
31. jromy (Posts: 114; Member since: 26 Feb 2013)
What do you mean "even on a low end type"? That is all nokia is famous for, millions upon millions of phones, but they do what they are supposed to which is call and text, once you go to the high end phones you'll see that Nokia is almost non-existent. I blame the OS personally, but who knows. Maybe people who want a "modern" device can only remember Nokia as the maker of the unbreakable brick phone.
24. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3255; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Thanks to Lumia 520 and other lower end models.
28. funchumm1206 (Posts: 52; Member since: 04 Mar 2013)
Well, after microsoft acquisition, there will be no more Nokia branding, only MS. I bet it will have a huge impact on WP sales in the future.
29. rick2340 (Posts: 21; Member since: 06 Mar 2013)
"despite the fact that the balance sheet is still problematic." The balance sheet doesn't matter any longer - Microsoft is buying them.
32. lucid.brat (Posts: 104; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
Must admit ki nokia is world best hardware manufacture
37. steelicon (Posts: 313; Member since: 02 Apr 2011)
Cause and effect = kill off other internal Woking platforms to herd the ship in the new direction.