Nokia Lumia Tesla allegedly photographed running Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1 (or not?)
Apparently spotted somewhere in China, the new smartphone seems to be running Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1. As we told you yesterday, this update should bring various enhancements to WP, including the ability to organize apps into folders (called Live Folders).
The Lumia Tesla supposedly has a PureView camera on the back. Its display looks pretty large, so it might measure around 5 inches. We don’t know much else about the handset, but it’s said that this will be released by Microsoft as an “affordable high-end” device.
Microsoft may want to announce the Lumia Tesla at the same time with another new Windows Phone 8.1 handset that’s codenamed Lumia Superman (reportedly, this will feature a 4.7-inch display and a 5MP front-facing camera). While the Lumia Superman is expected to go on sale in the US as soon as next month via Verizon and AT&T, for the moment we don't have details on the availability of the Lumia Tesla. But we'll certainly keep an eye on this, and get back to you when new info arrives.
Update: Actually, this handset may be just a white Lumia 1520. However, it's definitely running Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1.
source: Dospy (in Chinese) via Tom Warren (Twitter)
7. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3556; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
That is most DEFINITELY a 6" device!! Anyone who has a 1520 knows that the spacing of those keys is set way to far in for it too be a 4.7" device... This is gonna be my next device!..
WP absolutely ROCKS!!
12. TheWolfpacker (Posts: 43; Member since: 25 Feb 2014)
Honestly if the Tesla looks anything like the leaks (not this 1520 leak), im gonna drop my year and a half old 920 and buy it.
14. billgates (banned) (Posts: 555; Member since: 29 May 2014)
Agreed, this isn't a small device like they are saying. Hope this is a flagship phone to jump on
13. akki20892 (Posts: 3551; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Tesla is the high end phone for at&t.......!!! maybe Mid-range but will like high end
19. robcar (Posts: 78; Member since: 18 Jan 2011)
Hope it's 8.1 Update 1, looks fantastic. The phone looks very nice too.
20. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3556; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Yeah... We're looking for update 2... Update 1 is pretty much a done deal.. And, all new devices are coming with update 1.
2. mayur007 (Posts: 440; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
after seeing the design of 820 and 720
seems 830 to me.
3. NateAdam8 (Posts: 216; Member since: 17 Feb 2012)
If it's sold exclusively through AT&T and Verizon they just shot themselves in the foot.
6. Birds (Posts: 1001; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
No the buttons aren't as close together as they are on the 1520. I could be wrong though.
17. Busyboy (Posts: 334; Member since: 19 Jun 2014)
Both of you are wrong lol. Props @ushoda for being the only one to identify it
8. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3556; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
You're right... But, it could be the 1530.. Supposedly its just supposed to be a refresh.
10. Damo579 (Posts: 202; Member since: 18 May 2013)
Rodney if it is a refresh of the 1520 I may get it. I don't think a 930 size flagship is coming to at&t this year......
22. Damo579 (Posts: 202; Member since: 18 May 2013)
Only problem is I'll miss the camera on my 1020 lol
18. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Carriers are refusing to sell Wp, accept At&T., T-mobile only sells budget and midst devices.