Nokia Lumia Icon (929) briefly listed at Verizon's website with a hefty price attached
0. phoneArena 08 Jan 2014, 16:55 posted on
Nokia has yet to announce the new Lumia Icon 929, but all the latest leaks suggest that the handset will be officially revealed really soon. Verizon will be the phone's exclusive US carrier when it launches (possibly on January 16)...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. DanishDynamite (Posts: 20; Member since: 28 Feb 2013)
Meanwhile, the iPhone 5s costs almost $1300 in Denmark...
14. DanishDynamite (Posts: 20; Member since: 28 Feb 2013)
Because it's the most expensive one in Denmark... :P
15. akki20892 (Posts: 2667; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Who cares about iPhone, bring Nokia A110....bring it on Nokia can't wait damn it.
2. Leonis (Posts: 230; Member since: 08 Jan 2014)
Pricetag like that on any phone is just stupid. On a WP... well there just another level of stupidity. Whats the point of buying a WP with high end specs? If you can get he same experience on a WP for a much cheaper price? WP is such a joke
5. PapaSmurf (Posts: 6631; Member since: 14 May 2012)
You're basically paying for the screen and camera on the Lumia. As for the WP8, I agree, but S800, LTE, 1080p and 20.7 PV camera, the steeper price is worth it.
6. boosook (Posts: 774; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Come on, that price is obviously a placeholder. The developers didn't know the real price when they made the webpage, so they used a fake one that will be updated once they get to know the real price.
7. elitewolverine (Posts: 653; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
You have no clue what kind of power the s800 brings for the camera alone. The 1020 would see a huge boost in that department.
Games as well run smoother when switching back and forth.
It also allows for future updates to not be fully hindered by specs. With the windows architecture dual side apps and other things could be more easily done especially if they decide to merge winp8 with win rt.
10. Extradite (banned) (Posts: 316; Member since: 30 Dec 2013)
Superb device, really makes me wana buy a great all in one superp speck device. "Immensely let down by the platform" finally no more saying: "No apps and games, and uses last years specs" from commonly other platform users.
I"m really tempted looking to purchase a Nokia device, after the last N97 from Nokia...
3. PapaSmurf (Posts: 6631; Member since: 14 May 2012)
It's probably going to be about $650+ off contract, which is a really streep price.
9. elitewolverine (Posts: 653; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
I could see 650 or 599. But the 1520 is 549. I would think this be 499, I don't see Verizon liking a price war to much with a bigger screen phone with the same specs. Yup ill go with 499.
12. PapaSmurf (Posts: 6631; Member since: 14 May 2012)
This is Verizon we're talking about. $600+ is my answer.
13. papss (Posts: 3439; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
I agree that's too much considering the 1520 is one hundred cheaper
8. GeekMovement (Posts: 1497; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Oh noes $777 on a 2 year contract or off contract? I need help deciding which one to choose!
11. Extradite (banned) (Posts: 316; Member since: 30 Dec 2013)
It's better buying it outright, there you don't get stuck to a 2year contract.
I bought the Note3, S4, iP5s from Ebay 20% cheaper.
16. jellmoo (Posts: 452; Member since: 31 Oct 2011)
I'm still irritated that *this* device is the exclusive, to frickin' Verizon of all carriers, and they made the incredibly niche 1520 the multi-carrier option.
26. Btill (Posts: 1; Member since: 17 Jan 2014)
You are joking right?
Verizon = 1 Nokia phone currently, the 928.
ATT = Several to pick from... A selection you can pick from based on price or screen size and so on...
Yippie! One Nokia choice and only 3 phones total to pick from () when you want to be using a Windows phone.
Thanks for playing, come again!
Verizon will have the 929 at some point, but the technology that it is created with, it is already old as the chip is right at one year of age upon release if they wait until February 2014 to do so.
Really? February? Do they not see the number of hit on the left side of the page for this phone that is not yet on the market?
"Total hits: 258721"
If only ATT would get with it and make their service as good as Verizon in my area. I would switch just to own a Nokia 1020 or 1520 and dump this Droid phone from my life.
17. kerell78us (Posts: 7; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
My goodness fellas, you guys really do believe the phone is $777 on/off contract?
Firstly, prices usually end with 0,5,9 not 7 for crying out loud.
Secondly, the URL is: testman.verizonwireless.com/b2c/device/smartphone/nokia-lumia-icon
It's located at a subdoman with titled "testman".
Thirdly the specs info is missing or mostly non-existent.
I'm suprised at all you geeks... Detention for each one of you! hahaha
19. PapaSmurf (Posts: 6631; Member since: 14 May 2012)
You're repeating everything that has already been said...
Detention for you for not reading.
22. kerell78us (Posts: 7; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
Sorry buddy I read before posting. My post was simply to add emphasis so I'm not going in detention, but I'll go quietyly and take a beer... cheers
20. -box- (Posts: 3566; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
This could easily have been made in a photo-editing program, hence the same numbers repeating for the price. Verizon always likes to do stuff differently than everyone else, so insisting on a model without numbers like the rest of its line-mates doesn't seem too out-of-whack for them. That said, it should still have numbers.
21. snowgator (Posts: 3159; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
Just another indicator this bad boy is pending. And pending. And pending.
But it is a near perfect device for anyone who likes WP. Nokia branding, 5" screen, everything high end, top end specs will be perfect for updating to WP 8.1 one it comes out. Very dependable network nationwide.
*snowgator sits on AT&T, pouting and jealous*
23. adamyarockstar (Posts: 1; Member since: 09 Jan 2014)
sir what will be the cost of this phone.??