Nokia Lumia 930 has a purple tint problem
0. phoneArena 12 Jul 2014, 17:29 posted on
The new Windows Phone 8.1 powered Nokia Lumia 930 has a problem. According to those who have just purchased the latest Lumia model, the screen is showing a purple tint. But there is a solution. Because this is nothing more than a calibration issue, you can repair it yourself. All you need to do is go to Settings -> display -> Adjust Color profile and move the Tint to Green...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
6. Henrik (Posts: 141; Member since: 18 Feb 2012)
Apparently there's an easy fix to it before the official fix is released:
7. icyrock1 (Posts: 307; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
Bulls**t. Had this been a Samsung/Apple device, people would be up in arms.
9. vincelongman (Posts: 2326; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
If its a hardware problem, i.e. needs to be repair, then yea that's a big problem, since then you have to return your phone
But if its just a software problem (like what the link that Henrik posted says), then IMO its not a big problem (but still kind of disappointing), since you can fix it yourself or the Nokia could just push a update
10. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9680; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Only Nokia and Sony are exempt from errors.
11. Liveitup (Posts: 1765; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
Yeah some delusional Android fanboys. It's technology, s##t happens.
23. tech2 (Posts: 2860; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Re-read his comment. He isn't blaming the technology or Nokia, he is saying fanboys have biased opinions just because its their beloved brand is under the firing line.
It is no rumour that Apple & Samsung products get the most hate here. E.g. Read the comment section of this thread:http://www.phonearena.com/news
Much Much different then the comment section here isn't it ?
This comment should only hurt you if you're fanboy (which I don't think you're).
27. ihavenoname (Posts: 1576; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
Same as the Zombie app story about App Store. That problem is on every single app store, but because the article was about Apple, well, not a suprise what happened.
30. Liveitup (Posts: 1765; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
I understood what he said, further saying that Samsung gets the most hate here is subjective, a single link isn't concrete evidence, even within the Android community HTC gets a lot of hate.
In your opinion Samsung gets a lot of hate, in my opinion Microsoft and Nokia products gets the most hate here on PA more than Samsung. I've even seen articles that was titled in such a way by editors that could easily be interpreted as hate even as recently as the last week. WP gets so much bashing that you know the haters by name.
33. tech2 (Posts: 2860; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Did read the part where I preceded the link with 'E.g.' ?! It means a single example among several. I don't want to spam the section with links but open any apple's comments section too and you'll know what I am talking about.
Moreover, I chose that link because it was a direct comparison with this particular article since both flagships of OEMs had defects and how the community responded. So look the link in that aspect.
All I am saying is WP fanboys don't need to play a victim and keep spewing filth on other OEMs articles. Just because someone said something about WP isn't automatically deemed as 'delusional Android fanboys' especially when he mentioned Apple in the same breath.
P.s. What last week's article you're talkin about ?
32. billgates (banned) (Posts: 555; Member since: 29 May 2014)
Is that so? Samsung and Apple get most of the hate? Did you forget that anything windows phone or Microsoft in general gets as much or more hate. And all of us are fanboys , you included, so don't pretend you are above that.
25. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3669; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
ROFL. Look who's saying. The biggest delusional fanboy lol. Pot meet kettle exactly.
31. Liveitup (Posts: 1765; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
Look up delusional you would see the description suits yourself way more than it does me. I'd rather be a fan (not delusional) of something than a megatroll
28. Scott93274 (Posts: 1863; Member since: 06 Aug 2013)
Well, people put higher standards on Samsung though. This is a Nokia device after all.
2. billgates (banned) (Posts: 555; Member since: 29 May 2014)
I'd be passed regardless of if I.could correct it myself. I'm sure Microsoft will make it right.
12. akki20892 (Posts: 3746; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Every company has some devices defective..... It happens.
4. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2058; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Since every Lumia has the color profile setting, its not a big problem. On another note, Cortana's prediction is finally wrong. Netherlands won today. I hope she's wrong tomorrow as well!
8. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 1482; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
And in doing so, took Brasil down another peg and probably set them on course toward less "joga bonita," and more playing football like a team. Hopefully.
Of course, I actually thought these were the Nederlanders that could actually play in, and win, the WC Final. Kind of disappointing, because so many of their stars are in their prime, and in 4 years, we will see a new team.
36. RebelwithoutaClue (Posts: 1839; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
I agree, they were very strong. But penalties and the Dutch team don't go along very well
14. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Messi..! Messi...! Messico! :D :D :D
No, I'm not a fan of Argentina or Messico, I'm just making fun. :D
I wish that Germany will win World Cup 2014! :)
19. haseebzahid (Posts: 1844; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
Germany all the way although i am not a German at all
34. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
I'm also not from Germany, I'm from Lithuania but I was wishing good luck for Germany team since beginning of World Cup 2014. In my opinion they deserved to be champions. They are very calm and concentrated into the game. Also I like that they are not acting and playing without extra brutality. They just play good professional football.
I have nothing against other teams just like how Germans play. :)
21. gaara6775 (Posts: 672; Member since: 20 May 2014)
You must have read this a lot online -
Brazil has neymar,
Portuguese has Cristiano ronaldo,
England has Rooney ,
Argentina has Mess ,
But what matters is- Germany has a team .
22. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
There is also the circumstance where Germany has momentum.
26. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3464; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Germany will crush. Germany will winnnnn eeeasily.
15. fzacek (Posts: 2402; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
It's cool that Windows Phone allows you to change the calibration of your display. Neither Android or iOS has that feature...
16. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
17. fzacek (Posts: 2402; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
Well there are skins that add that calibration funcionality but stock Android doesn't have that. Doesn't need it though because my Nexus 5 has one of the most accurate smartphone displays...
35. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"...stock Android doesn't have that."
"Doesn't need it though because my Nexus 5 has one of the most accurate smartphone displays"
First moment when I have read your comment #15 I thought that it would be nice to have display calibration ability on all smartphones by default. But later I asked myself why I would need that? And I have made the conclusion that there is no real need for that apart rare situations like this "purple tint" problem.
38. hokkto (Posts: 1; Member since: 03 Apr 2014)
Stock WP does not have a color calibration funcionality, only Lumia devices have them. Stock WP doesn't even have an audio equalizer.
18. nlbates66 (Posts: 317; Member since: 15 Aug 2012)
I believe similar problems tended to crop up on earlier Samsung devices that also used AMOLED displays (Galaxy S2 etc). People likely pay even more attention to screen calibration issues now than previously too.
29. Tumaini (Posts: 27; Member since: 24 Sep 2013)
That ain't a problem.. I Love Lumia...#Lumia 930