Nokia Lumia 930 hands-on
0. phoneArena 03 Apr 2014, 02:04 posted on
That said, what you see, is what you get. The Lumia 930 is not really a "new" device. This is an Icon for the rest of you. The good news is that the Lumia 930 holds true to Nokia's overall build quality and functionality.
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. harsh_doshi (Posts: 36; Member since: 27 Aug 2012)
does it have glance screen? the icon does not and this has the same screen.
5. alex88ucv (Posts: 36; Member since: 05 Mar 2014)
the preview units from the show HAVE glance screen
39. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2058; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Sadly, the 930 does not have Glance screen, due to some display limitations.
11. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2058; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
The battery in the Icon holds up decently. There's no reason why the 930 should have bad battery life.
16. zuckerboy (banned) (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
this is high-end device it suppose to have very good battery life , not decent
19. zuckerboy (banned) (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
why? 2400 mah phones either a mid-ranger or 2013 phones. so do you compare 930 with 2013 phones ? 930 has sd800 , fullhd IPS display 20mp camera all of the specs makes it high-end phone. comparing it with phones like galaxy s4 and htc one (m7) is dumb.
23. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1163; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
depends if a 2400mah wp phone can last as long like a 3000mah android phone.
i compare on optimizations.
26. zuckerboy (banned) (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
3000 mah android phone lg g2 has better battery life than lumia icon check out battery test of phonearena.
40. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3362; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
If you think the size of the battery is the sole factor that determines battery life, you obviously don't know much about tech. How do you explain how Sony's flagships always have the largest battery, but the worst battery life? The M8 has a 2600mAh, while the G2 has a 3000mAh, yet the former is said to have better battery life. The word is optimization. Google that ish.
14. tusshharish (Posts: 342; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
Nexus 5 also have 2300mah battery and have nearly good backup and nokia lumia 930 is wp not android....
15. zuckerboy (banned) (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
but it's price is higher than nexus so I would expect much more battery size.
22. tarek1980 (Posts: 145; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
Windows Phone doesn't need huge batteries like Android, WP 8 is really a battery friendly OS
27. zuckerboy (banned) (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
even 2300 mah htc one m7 has better battery life than lumia icon. what r u saying ?
30. desniper9 (Posts: 38; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
and no expandable storage. If HTC could do it Nokia can do it
4. TheStanleyFTW (Posts: 168; Member since: 20 Feb 2013)
It would have been my next phone if it had Snapdragon 801. Not because of the slight increase in CPU and GPU speed. BUT the ISP is 45% faster. Think about how fast you will be able to focus or faster burst :D
6. alex88ucv (Posts: 36; Member since: 05 Mar 2014)
the shot to shot time on the 930 is less than 1 second..not as fast as the m8, s5 but is less than a second
7. TheStanleyFTW (Posts: 168; Member since: 20 Feb 2013)
I know but...its just that we are in 2014 and since it very easy to replace snapdraon 800 with and 801. So yeah.....
34. sbw44 (Posts: 425; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
Wow so now the s800 is not good enough? and 1 second shot to shot time also? what happens to all the phones that has the s801 SoC once the s805 comes out??
38. tech2 (Posts: 2916; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
You need to understand the logic behind a FLAGSHIP phone.
Most people when they buy a flagship they expect to remain future proof for 2 years. So a processor if released 10 months ago is featured in a new phone than how would it stay relevant in 2016 ? Did you remember how people said how GS5 is not a worthy upgrade to a last year's phone ? By that logic this phone is doing even worse.
Either it shouldn't be treated as flagship or the price should be reasonable as the technlogy isn't cutting edge. And the last time I checked Lumia 930 is priced very expensive.
25. user996 (Posts: 206; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
kidding? lumia 1520 beats S5 in gaming benchmark and S5 has most powerful sd801 yet and with Dx3D12 support it will destroy any android flagship on gaming benchmarks
8. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3442; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
I just love this phone. It's awesome............
9. ScottSchneider (Posts: 324; Member since: 06 Dec 2011)
If it is goin to run WP8.1 and is going to be released soon, why use the capacitive buttons when WP 8.1 comes with on-screen buttons... It's a Bummer though,...
12. jeff1434325 (Posts: 95; Member since: 07 Aug 2012)
having a capacitive buttons means more screen-estate, so i think it's more of a good thing bro.
10. GamasK (Posts: 22; Member since: 27 Jun 2013)
They should make this a bit different from the icon, like make it using on screen button
13. N-fanboy (Posts: 538; Member since: 12 Jan 2013)
I don't like the colour options other than the black and the white versions, they should have went for yellow and cyan instead of orange and green.
28. pookiewood (Posts: 631; Member since: 05 Mar 2012)
I agree. I don't like the colors Orange or green either. Orange is ugly, green is a color only Donatello could love. Not interested! Give me red or blue.
35. sbw44 (Posts: 425; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
If they went with blue some trolls would say they copied the s5.
plus why not give people different colors?
18. bakarock (Posts: 53; Member since: 29 Aug 2013)
Well, I think Lumia 1520 is way better.. No offence
21. Diego! (Posts: 534; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
I agree. I'm gonna wait a little bit longer in order to know if Nokia Lumia 1820 comes out before Fall and decide to get 1820 or 1520.
Nokia Lumia 930 looks great but I want a bigger screen :D
29. pookiewood (Posts: 631; Member since: 05 Mar 2012)
Really sucks this isn't coming to AT&T. Not everyone wants a 6" phone! HTC Wins for me this year.....so far. I may not be getting the M8 but I was more excited about their reveal than Nokia's. The phone looks great but not coming to AT&T really is a bummer!
31. Zinop (Posts: 10; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
I would have sold my current phone if this phone had a sd card slot. 1 thing short of being the perfect phone.
WP doesnt really need anything higher then a SD 800 so the (slightly) older processor isnt a problem.
32. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1063; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
Why are Nokias designs getting more and more plain? Scatch off the Nokia logo, and this looks no different than the hundreds of cheap Asian phones.
41. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3362; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
I agree with you, but do those cheap Asian phones have Nokia's world renown durability & build quality? I doubt it. I'm all about functionality. Looks take a back seat to that.
36. galahad (Posts: 26; Member since: 28 Mar 2014)
why is it that most people here complain about specs, always saying "I want it but blah blah"., Is this the new way of bashing WP? own one before you complain. I have the 1520 and its awesome great. I got also S4.