Nokia Lumia 928 on sale for 99 cents from Amazon
0. phoneArena 30 Jun 2013, 12:22 posted on
The Nokia Lumia 928 is a Verizon exclusive that offers users the ability to take great pictures even with less than optimal lighting available; this has become something of a trademark for the platform. Priced at $49.99 from Verizon with a signed two-year pact, it sounds like a great deal for Windows Phone fans, especially since the handset was launched with a price of $99.99 on contract...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. juandante (Posts: 463; Member since: 23 Apr 2013)
Even at 99 cents you still pay 3 times the price of the phone after 2 years... And I'm also not talking about having to keep after few months an outdated phone when new models will come out...
4. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10439; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I will give credit to Nokia, the Lumia 928 is not a bad device. At the rate technology is advancing, it will be "outdated," yes, but from an average Joe stand point, if it can last for two years, who cares?
7. Dorothy69 (banned) (Posts: 498; Member since: 21 May 2013)
True but, at least you'll have service and there won't be a need for you to bitch all the time about abysmal data or voice connections.
9. Archan_Pe (Posts: 74; Member since: 08 Apr 2012)
Yes. But it's a greater value considering that you buy a phone for it's original price and then pay for the plan(unlimited text, call or/and surf). Carriers aren't expecting you to think that it's a better bargain because you have the phone cheaper than buying it from a retail store at its price but instead they are just trying to excite people to come and try what they offer(their plans) with the the latest smartphone. After all in the monthly fees you're not paying for the phone in the monthly bill, you're paying for the services (unlimited things) that they offer.
3. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10439; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Gotta love Amazon. The only website I but my stuff online from. :)
8. Whateverman (Posts: 3251; Member since: 17 May 2009)
Very true! Wirefly is a close second, but Amazon is King.
5. papss (unregistered)
Wow what a deal. If I were on VZN I would snatch this phone up.
10. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1345; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
Still not worth it. They need to give me at least $200 before I even consider it.
11. flynfree (Posts: 374; Member since: 09 Jun 2013)
Sorry! I'm good with tmobile gsm carrier.
14. RiseAgainst94 (Posts: 281; Member since: 03 Mar 2012)
This probably isn't a good thing for Nokia. Who knows.
15. Edmund (Posts: 656; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
The only reason Nokia did this is because the Galaxy s3 is also listed at $0.99.