Nokia Lumia 928 camera shows remarkable stability while attached to a remote control copter
0. phoneArena 09 May 2013, 20:32 posted on
Nokia continues to drop little clues about the unannounced Nokia Lumia 928, including the release of a rendering of the phone in white and a video showing off the phone's camera; by strapping the Nokia Lumia 928 to a remote control copter and taking video, it shows off the optical image stabilization abilities of the rear camera on the handset...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
24. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1163; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
im waiting for OIS that uses magnets instead of springs!!! -if possible :D
29. ahomad (Posts: 175; Member since: 15 May 2012)
to be honest I am impressed but this is not the best test to rely on. first, we don't know how stable is the helicopter, the great stability might be due to very stable helicopter. second, they slowed the speed of the video to try and make it look more stable and you can see this by looking at the motion of the river and the waves of the sea.
they are manipulating the truth as always (when they previously did similar stuff with previous phone, I can't remember whether the 920 or 808)
2. mydi.maus (unregistered)
wow this one is better.more stable then the other vid of the GALAXY S4, its like watching a movie.this L928 is awesome..
6. RohanM (Posts: 140; Member since: 15 Jan 2013)
Ya I thought that I am watching any documentry...
21. Suraj3337 (Posts: 45; Member since: 20 Apr 2012)
Some butthurt fan giving a thumbs down to all the comments!
7. lyndon420 (Posts: 3712; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Have to throw in the fact that this copter is one of the most stable rc toys out there. Not sure this is really demonstrating any camera stability features. Nice footage though.
8. Penny (Posts: 1647; Member since: 04 Feb 2011)
While I'm sure they used a particularly stable copter for this demo, any sort of copter with rotating blades is going to cause a lot of high frequency vibration. I think the fact that the OIS can smooth that out to the degree it does here is remarkable. Still not perfect, but the best we currently have to look at from a phone.
9. roscuthiii (Posts: 2148; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Nokia... Gotta hand it to them; they make some damn fine products.
10. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
There just good at cameras, and connecting people™
23. raunak (Posts: 507; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
Connecting people is the whole point of phones.
27. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
BUTT detected ops butthurt detected go eat some fresh tomatos
14. Jason2k13 (Posts: 1115; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
lets hope its not fake, like what they did with the previous 920 ad.
22. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Nokia didn't make that ad, an ad agency did, and none of the footage ever shoed the "fined with Lumia" like this did, just what OIS does.
15. antifanboy14 (Posts: 68; Member since: 26 Nov 2012)
Now all we need is for windows phone to become an adequate OS
17. pyradark (Posts: 821; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
things are changing!!! camera smartphone is truly back!!
cant wait for honami
18. vandroid (Posts: 326; Member since: 04 Sep 2012)
Beautiful landscape, Nokia should make a lumia that runs on android
28. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
if i stick a green robot on my 808 can i hit you with it? finally shut you whiny kids up
19. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Nokia is still the KING of cameras! Keep connecting me Nokia!
20. lubba (Posts: 1313; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
Some tout apps and others tout customization, but Nokia touts something awesomely useable in everyday any situation, all within a smartphone; The best camera and video.
25. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
stability is great, but that wobble effect need to go
26. TylerGrunter (Posts: 1506; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
I just hope they don't use the same old Snapdragon MSM8960 chipset as in the 920... It's already more than one year old and there is not a windows phone with a more powerful chip.
30. Jphones (Posts: 235; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
They do make cameras so they stepped it up. Downside verizon and their molasses updates.