Nokia Lumia 928 appears officially: PureView, OIS and Carl Zeiss for Verizon
0. phoneArena 07 May 2013, 04:03 posted on
The long-rumored Nokia Lumia 928 has finally appeared officially on Nokia’s website and a huge advert in the Vanity Fair magazines basically confirm our hopes…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. clevername (Posts: 1428; Member since: 11 Jul 2008)
Wow, so if this is now, then what's on the 14th?
13. roldefol (Posts: 2858; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Lumia 925 (Catwalk) international version?
23. roldefol (Posts: 2858; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Fiiine, both the Catwalk and EOS. Jeez Nokia can't you hold it in? You can't go showing off multiple highly anticipated devices all at once.
31. juandante (Posts: 279; Member since: 23 Apr 2013)
This is a old Nokia habit with Symbian OS phones so this news doesn't surprise me.
Like everyone I will watch for the so called "EOS", even if I will never buy it because of the pathetic Windows Phone 8.
32. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
''pathetic Windows Phone 8.''
take the word ''pathetic'' as it describes you well,
54. akki20892 (Posts: 3302; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
may be 2 or 3 devices launch......!!! can't wait to see those device.
2. Sarajevo (Posts: 37; Member since: 30 Nov 2012)
We do not see the back of the phone. And, probably, there is the bigest surprise :)
3. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2999; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
I don't see anything squarish in the picture above. If you're talking about the image in the magazine, it's because of the fold...sheesh.
4. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 801; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
So it's basically a Lumia920 for Verizon? Bleh...
I hope something much bigger arrives on the 14th, Lumia 920 is old now!!
44. Adithya7184 (Posts: 309; Member since: 05 Mar 2011)
everyone knows about it....except Nokia and wp fan-boys....
50. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
come on give actual valid reasons idiot
10. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 762; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
May 14_Nokia 928 Android Version
Haho just a wish
11. wendygarett (unregistered)
Same design Smh... Lazy Nokia...
14. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 907; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
1st if all how is that the same design all you can see is the screen
2nd of all says the Iphone fan
22. pyradark (Posts: 748; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
Lol. Your hurting yourself, same old plastic design S4
24. wendygarett (unregistered)
Same old lumia brick
28. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5203; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Same old design and cheapy plastic on the S4! :P
26. roldefol (Posts: 2858; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
That's because when her favorite company does it it's because they need not mess with perfection. When everyone else does it, it's lazy/boring.
The 928 is just a Verizon 920. Why wouldn't it look similar?
12. aries.phills (Posts: 133; Member since: 17 May 2011)
Nice one Nokia. Just put your flagship phones on diet. Their weight kinda turns me off.
49. ArtSim98 (Posts: 2468; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Get some normal muscles, and they won't feel heavy any more......
15. pwnarena (Posts: 840; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
i would really like to buy a nokia but i still prefer the android operating system. i hope they produce android versions of their flagships.
25. Devon (Posts: 11; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
Just wish Nokia phones would have smaller bezel.
34. -box- (Posts: 3744; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
As long as it didn't sacrifice durability I would agree, but looking at teardown photos there doesn't look like much to strip away. Larger screens would help.
29. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5203; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I'm gonna wait for the EOS and the Catwalk!
33. Whateverman (Posts: 3187; Member since: 17 May 2009)
This kinda reminds me of VZW getting tier own version of the Evo(Thunderbolt) a whole year after Sprint. Is this the exact same phone as the L920 or what? Why not get a whole new flagship device?
35. roldefol (Posts: 2858; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
It's probably not worth it for Nokia to make a whole new phone CDMA. AT&T got the exclusive on the 920, and when Verizon got a chance to sell it too (6 months later), they demanded an exclusive design. Most likely the true successor to the 920 will be back to AT&T (and international carriers).
36. dashax10 (Posts: 15; Member since: 06 May 2013)
good luck nokia from android fan. great phones.
37. haseebzahid (Posts: 1812; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
and by the looks of photo its gonna be waterproof too ?
40. haseebzahid (Posts: 1812; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
L920 and L928 should have released same time or not far apart more then 2 months
42. dre786 (Posts: 44; Member since: 10 Nov 2012)
go nokia championing the true innovation in the smart phone industry
43. N-fanboy (Posts: 536; Member since: 12 Jan 2013)
Whats the difference b.n the Lumia 920 and the 928? Name?
51. joens16 (Posts: 8; Member since: 07 May 2013)
lol its funny reading how us nerds argue about phones