Nokia Lumia 920 vs Samsung ATIV S vs Nokia Lumia 820 vs Lumia 900: spec comparison
0. phoneArena 05 Sep 2012, 10:59 posted on
Last time, when Nokia launched its first Lumia smartphones, it claimed to be making the best Windows Phone devices. That was a jab to the competition but also partly true, as most phone makers are focusing
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
6. SuperMaoriBro (Posts: 526; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
There are some inaccuracy or inconsistancy in thdata. Eg you have Lumia 900 listed with 6.8mm thickness and storage capacity of 920 differs from your other posts. So which is it?
7. sadaivadai (Posts: 156; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
Lumia 820 and Lumia 900 just 6.8 mm thick .. Thinnest phones around .. Please check at least once before posting the article .. :P :P
14. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1888; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
The battery size looks the sexist out all of them
24. CharlieAtInfinity (Posts: 253; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
Win Win for micro SD card.. and battery of course..
33. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
lets hope they all win together since the market to gain is outside WP they all gonna have good share among each other the reall challenge is other platforms
9. sadaivadai (Posts: 156; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
Lumia 820 is a winner if its price is 375$ contract free .. But i hope Nokia would not place heavy price tags .. That will not help them ..
13. SamsungFan (Posts: 201; Member since: 16 Apr 2012)
I'll stick to my galaxy s3 it's the best. there is nothing extraordinary in wp8. If I had to choose a windows phone defenetly Ativ S
15. chocolatebear76 (Posts: 122; Member since: 03 Mar 2011)
I tthought lumia 920 comes with 32GB storage rather than this 16GB on this comparison?
19. SuperMaoriBro (Posts: 526; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
Id like to say lumia. Great camera tech and some other cool features but 180gm is to heavy? For now im going with ativ - bigger screen, amoled, smaller thinner lighter. These things id appreciate everytime i use it. An awesome camera id only appreciate maybe once a month. But will wait for the reviews of both devices before final decision. Cant wait.
20. onggeo (Posts: 30; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)
Looking forward to the Lumia 820, just hope the price is reasonable.
22. tekkie79 (Posts: 11; Member since: 21 Dec 2009)
Agreed. The 920 is impressive, but if I cannot manipulate the phone with one hand it is not very usefull. I don't quite understand the facination with these huge screens.
25. Guest_star (Posts: 231; Member since: 30 Dec 2011)
im dying to see the new screen hands on, that will help me decide big time i like ativ s and everithing about it, but if nokia screen is better it has my money
29. tkvdog (Posts: 46; Member since: 11 Apr 2012)
Samsung Clear Winner Specs/Looks/Storage/Battery Size/Not As Heavy Sammy Wins Clearly.
30. myclevername (Posts: 94; Member since: 07 Jun 2010)
looks like 32gb of memory plus another 7 gigs from Skydrive according to Nokia Official Specs
Also, supports CDMA bands and Verizon LTE bands....
36. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Samsung wins imo.
Much lighter, thinner, removable battery, expandable storage, bigger screen.
37. xtian1103 (Posts: 363; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
definitely impressed with the lumia 900, what more with this one? it's a bit heavier than the competition maybe because of the unibody polycarbonate. a windows phone 8 and windows 8 ultrabook would be a nice combo to try aside from my iphone and mac
41. Ricky920 (Posts: 1; Member since: 05 Sep 2012)
who wrote those things. If you don't know anything about precedent windows phones, don't write bulls**t. go to the official nokia website and update this stuff.
43. Adithya7184 (Posts: 317; Member since: 05 Mar 2011)
Ativ S is the winner with its expandable memory and 2300 mAh battery.....let see what happens when it releases....
46. 10aera (Posts: 35; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
That's the problem of Windows 8... you just need to match the top specifications of your competition and all manufacturer flagships will be the same... the only possible differenciator will be the looks of the phones and some really minor specifications that are not really that different so that they can make you decide between one phone or the other...
59. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4275; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
The only things different with WP devices are their displays, cameras, and designs... Nokia is best with cameras, displays are arguable, and designs are arguable, especially since Samsung used a metal backplate on the Ativ S instead of the usual plastic.
51. JOHNBON0007 (Posts: 1; Member since: 05 Sep 2012)
The Nokia Lumia 920 is thicker, i think going with Samsung ATIV S
60. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
thicker but better!!! you can scratch but you can destroy the beauty!! while ativ S is a cheap aluminum! early prototype has scratches already! even N8's aluminum body is way better!!
just accept it, nokia make the toughest, sturdiest, and most beautiful phones!
52. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
i kinda dont like that 920 has no expandable memory... i think nokia screwed the WP8 game... but still they will be the best in WP!!!