Nokia Lumia 920 vs 808 PureView: sensor size comparison
0. phoneArena 20 Sep 2012, 07:24 posted on
The PureView started as a term for high-quality imaging on the Nokia 808 PureView with its 41-megapixel camera and lossless zoom capabilities…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
come on nokia!! bring that 41mp monster to lumia next year!! i could wait! :P
and i dont care about the humps and the looks of 808 preview... as long as it has that monstrous camera!!
but still 920 is an awesome camera smartphone!!!
3. Wiki_jaan (Posts: 704; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
920 is 185g and 10+ width with out PV cam
if nokia make WP8 with PV 41MP
250g and 16+ width
6. Cyan3boN (Posts: 438; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
You've been trolling about the 920 's weight in the past few articles. if u dont know this is how nokia roll, they make good quality phones at managable weights. and when i mention the word managable, "i mean it". they dont make phones with cheap plastic(No offense here, u made me say it). i know u r rooting for the ATIV s. if u dont like the phone just dont comment.
10. -box- (Posts: 3982; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Personally I LIKE knowing that I can still feel my phone in my pocket. Maybe that's why so many iphone users lose theirs, because they're small and delicate so they slide out easy and it isn't noticeable.
23. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
he's/she's really stupid!!! nokia make the most awesome phone and samsung just make awesome hardware components!
ativ S is really cheap.. even early prototype shows it has weak body! even though its also aluminum, N8 has still the best aluminum body!!
21. lsguntu (Posts: 67; Member since: 06 Aug 2012)
Whats the point of having NO weight ,NO thikness and NO technology like iPhone 5 ? iPhone is just a PHONE
4. dickwyn (Posts: 603; Member since: 07 May 2012)
im pretty sure nokia is already working on a WP8 device with purview and higher mpix
22. ChiX017 (Posts: 308; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
yeah...they were granted a patent for a smaller PureView camera tech, but i forget the name
24. AppleHateBoy (unregistered)
According to this the 808's sensor is rectangular(slide 4). But isn't it supposed to be circular?
5. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3267; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Dear PA, i read this article yesterday on gsmarena. Wonder why you're slow on updating things...
9. aokde (Posts: 186; Member since: 09 Jul 2012)
i gotta ask you man, what's that phone in your avatar?? looks sexy :D actually looks like the XPERIA arc...
7. doejon (Posts: 392; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
i dont need a better cam if the other specs are poor
bluetooth 3.1 nokia are u kidding me?????
i have dslr 3d mark 2
and i will get the note 2
where u at nokia??? can u beat that?
11. -box- (Posts: 3982; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
What devices do you use that uses anything higher than Bluetooth 1 or 2? While some accessories work with BT3 and BT4, most I'm aware of are only up to 2. My mother-in-law's brand new car only uses BT2, and works just fine.
16. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3267; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Do you even understand what everything in one means????
25. SemperFiV12 (Posts: 936; Member since: 09 Nov 2010)
Actually both Lumia 820 and 920 passed FCC certs with 4.0. Keep an eye out.
13. venkey (Posts: 3; Member since: 19 Sep 2012)
it took more than 4 years of hard work to put this pureview technology in mobile phone market.... one of the best and useful innovation in mobile industry by Nokia... now Nokia aquired Scalado ( leader of mobile image industry) as well... so we can expect lot more from Nokia in future on camera and its technology....
14. Suts_97 (Posts: 124; Member since: 05 May 2012)
I think Nokia should make a poll, asking the users' opinions, whether they want a slimmer phone with a good camera or a slightly thicker phone with an excellent camera.
17. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Wow the 808 sensor looks like a monster
19. meowcenary (Posts: 187; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
I still prefer a FX or DX CMOS or CCD sensor. As for l lossless, nothing beats RAW over JPEG.
26. steelicon (Posts: 316; Member since: 02 Apr 2011)
Hi! Can you pls verify?
NEWS FLASH!!! Nokia 808 PureView for only PHP 18,000.00 @ SM Mall of Asia, Philippines Call +63 (2) 556 0690 - 93.