Nokia Lumia 920 to launch November 11th on AT&T?
0. phoneArena 26 Oct 2012, 10:48 posted on
The Windows Phone 8 powered Nokia Lumia 920 is now expected to launch November 11th according to multiple sources that claim to have knowledge of AT&T and Nokia's plans; the device will be offered in three colors at AT&T retail locations...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3755; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
I need to VENT!!!!! (Steam coming out of my ears!)
I want the SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE II. (Smoke coming out of my mouth!)
Man that feels better......OK.
Anyone on AT&T want a Nokia Lumia 920.....?
6. Just_a_boy (Posts: 183; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Is a phone to consider is one of the best phones of the market. I'm going to US to buy one unlocked, because that phone here in Brazil will launch only in February
26. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3755; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
My brother is dying that the Lumia 920 is not coming out for Verizon. It looks like he might get the Samsung ATIV S. I told him that is a GREAT phone too.
27. -box- (Posts: 3714; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
I product yet heard of a Windows Phone 8 that doesn't sound like a quality product.
I hope the 920 (or equivalent, or next year's Lumia flagship) is on all carriers.
32. -box- (Posts: 3714; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Not sure what happened there...
Should read, "I haven't yet heard of a..."
2. mrcook (Posts: 3; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
only reason this is popular is because of the iphone. maybe people should thank apple by not stealing so much of thier ideas.
31. Bilpocalypse (Posts: 301; Member since: 13 Oct 2012)
Amusing... considering that Apple is the king of stealing ideas and repackaging them as their own. What ideas are you referring to?
3. raunak (Posts: 498; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
wow. Launching a product after more than two months of its announcement. I think they should'hv launched it with MS on 29th. It would'hv been a nice surprise. Still, the phone has specs which are in a different league. Other phones might have faster processors and 1080p displays but it'll take a while before any other OEM can produce a phone as innovative as L920
4. FranksGT (Posts: 167; Member since: 29 Aug 2012)
Is the kid above me mental? To be honest the Lumina 920 isnt offering quite alot. For it being a flagship phone its really not that Superb to anything out right now. To be honest I dont even see it selling better then the HTC or Samsung Window 8 phones. Time shall tell though.
5. raunak (Posts: 498; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
calm down dude. I never said it'll sell better than samsung's. But that doesnt change that fact that it better that both of them
7. FranksGT (Posts: 167; Member since: 29 Aug 2012)
If its better it will sell better. Why would someone buy a worse phone for more expensive price tag? We know SAMMY will put a $199.99 and HTC to at least pull $99.99// They are just better known and better quality. Thats the truth for you. The Lumina has so much Hype and not enough reality to make it a great phone.
9. raunak (Posts: 498; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
"If its better it will sell better".
So you mean iPhone is the best phone out there just because it sells better than any other? Who is mental now?
If you would have heard about marketing then you wouldnt have said that.
and what was that thing about better quality? you think samsung phones have better build quality than Nokia? lol
10. eisenbricher (Posts: 970; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
Are you kidding? Sammy offering better quality than Nokia? That's it, I'm not buying any of your arguments.
PS: Go and learn English first.
11. FranksGT (Posts: 167; Member since: 29 Aug 2012)
No you stated NOKIA IS BETTER. I stated if IT is better IT will sell better then the rest, specially at its Price Point. There is nothing wrong with a Plastic phone. Do you buy a all Aluminum car or a partial plastic one? And if Samsung sucks at build quality why the hell does everyone buy their products? Their build quality is just fine. NO its not as amazing as Nokia or HTC or Apple, but it does the JOB. Build quality aint all that comes into play. The galaxy s3 is a sleek and great looking phone and its plastic. The Lumina 900 was bulky and square. It was ugly!
15. raunak (Posts: 498; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
it is bulky but thats because of IOS but its still better looking than s3 or any other samsung phones for that matter
38. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1090; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
shut up. no one agrees with you. you have many dislikes. deal with it
14. tbar (Posts: 34; Member since: 18 Jan 2010)
Nokia has a couple of things that nobody else has -- yet. The screen works with gloves on, or anything like keys, pen, etc. The camera is better. The screen technology has less reflection so is easier to see in bright light. Those sound like pretty good features to me.
16. raunak (Posts: 498; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
exactly my point. It'll take some time anyone can match those features
35. Just_a_boy (Posts: 183; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
" It'll take some time anyone can match those features" You mean what? iScreen ou S-screen, both Samsung and Apple only copy ideas.
17. FranksGT (Posts: 167; Member since: 29 Aug 2012)
Well the Current Lumina and Current Galaxy, those are all false.
The Lumina had a horrible camera, screen resolution was awful, and the design was ugly.
Now the almost 6 month old GS3 has still better screen then the New Lumina 920. If a camera is the only thing you can argue you can pack your bags because to be honest My HTC One X released in MAY, has a Camera that most wouldnt need better.
20. raunak (Posts: 498; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
its lumia not lumina
so you already know that s3 has a better screen, even with supersensitive touch, cbd and a higher pixel density with rgb matrix?
i dont even know why i'm arguing with you so i dont think ill be replying to any of your pointless and childish comments now.
22. Mobile-X-Pert (Posts: 565; Member since: 20 Dec 2010)
How can you say the Galaxy s3 has better screen than the Lumia 920????
The IPS panel on the Lumia is said to be even better than the iphone 5's.
37. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1090; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
its LUMIA. get your facts straight!!!
and dont say lumia has ugly design. PEOPLE ARE DISLIKING YOUR COMMENTS
PLEASE-- GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT
39. UdhaiyaPrasanth (Posts: 72; Member since: 05 Sep 2012)
Wow man!! U sure know a lot about "Lumina", don't u?
19. Innova (Posts: 8; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
Samsung and QUALITY..!! Both in the same sentence..No way...
25. -box- (Posts: 3714; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
@fraksgt: is a Toyota Camry better than a Rolls-Royce Phantom? Is a Bose stereo better than a Meridian? Is a Vizio TV better than a Sharp Aquos? Because going by your logic, sales indicate quality.
I don't buy that (literally)
Also, LUMIA, 5 letters. A Lumina was a POS GM car from the 90s, which few remember because most are in junkyards or been recycled by now.
28. haseebzahid (Posts: 1801; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
well guess you never ever had a nokia phone othervise not even samsung guys talk down the nokia quality so calm down and ask someone who has reviewed all of the phones u are paniacing about
8. ghost7787 (Posts: 9; Member since: 20 Sep 2012)
The biggest reason this phone won't do well overall is the fact that ATT is holding it as an exclusive device. HTC 8x will get more exposure, leading to more sales by default. Specs on it look great but that can only get it so far....as much as I like Nokia i wouldn't really switch to ATT to pay more just to get this phone.
12. eisenbricher (Posts: 970; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
For US, that is. For 6 months... and then will come next wave of Lumias.
13. FranksGT (Posts: 167; Member since: 29 Aug 2012)
The Galaxy Note was a Exclusive phone and it did just fine. It comes down to Performance in real life situatuions!
23. SemperFiV12 (Posts: 684; Member since: 09 Nov 2010)
It didn't do as fine as Sammy had hoped... That is why the Note II is on almost all carriers now.
33. -box- (Posts: 3714; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Ten million sold isn't "fine"? And it'll be on the market for a year on the 28th, and its replacement isn't even in stores yet. Iphone4s didn't even last a year before it was replaced.
21. husfus (Posts: 62; Member since: 21 Oct 2012)
Hey franksgt, b4 u make those false assumptions teach yourself some tech or search google or watch lumia 920 vs other videos on youtube. People here are not uneducated like you. . .
40. FranksGT (Posts: 167; Member since: 29 Aug 2012)
First off we were talking about the 900 in compairson. the 920 is 6 months newer! And it still doesnt perform aswell. If these phones were so great they would sell better thats bottom line.
Just like cars, toyota's sell amazing because guess what their amazing. Now Junk like Mazda doesnt sell because its JUNK.
I dont have to be educated to tell you the Lumia 920 will fail because its Ugly, bulky, and the screen wont even compare to the Iphone 5. End of story.
41. Just_a_boy (Posts: 183; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Mazda is not junk (RX-7, Speed3, RX-8, CX-5 is junk for you? If is, you have serious problems), and Lumia will not fail, because WP new, android an iOS are getting boring, with no new features, only bug fixes nothing really shocking. STFU sammy boy ( another poor guy, brainwashed by Samsung, my condolences)
30. Credo (Posts: 685; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
i hope Germany will be one of the first country's that gets it (in cyan), so i can import one from Belgium quickly :)
36. pliskin1 (Posts: 59; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
Am I the only one excited for the 820? Although I wish it had a 4" screen instead of a 4.3". I like smaller phones, and they're rare nowadays.