Nokia Lumia 920: the new features
0. phoneArena 05 Sep 2012, 10:33 posted on
ladies and gents, the Nokia Lumia 920 is here bringing the best Microsoft and Nokia could come up with and hoping to make you switch to Windows Phone…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
28. denied911 (banned) (Posts: 361; Member since: 31 May 2012)
185 gram is more than 180 of galaxy note 2
2. dr_fajardo12 (Posts: 118; Member since: 26 Aug 2012)
nokia: give me all ur money and ur car
me: mmm i dont know, 8 MP pureview ....
nokia: im the one who created that, if i tell u that would be still awesome itll be
me: take my money but i would keep my ca
3. Diego! (Posts: 628; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
I like it a lot both in yellow or red, but I'm getting the Ativ S :D
5. redmd (Posts: 1274; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
me too, but as a secondary phone for the Note 2 I guess.
13. CharlieAtInfinity (Posts: 253; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
Same man... I am not a Samsung fan but I'm leaning towards Ativ S
4. redmd (Posts: 1274; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
No micro sd expansion slot is a minus. But that is the design flaw that started from the N9. I like the 820 a bit more.
6. shadez10 (Posts: 427; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
i like it but hmmmm....
i think im not selling my SGS2 at all... =D
7. snowgator (Posts: 3598; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
I am sorry, I really am impressed. Obviously, I am not settling on anything until I see:
1) The ATIV in action and reviews.
2) The Lumia 920 in action and reviews.
3) What HTC brings to the WP 8 table with their top device, it in action, and reviews.
4) The iPhone 5 and reviews.
(Okay, I was kidding about the last one. Just seeing who was paying attention.)
12. shadez10 (Posts: 427; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
indeed... its up to the reviews... =D
hoping the pureview tech on the 920 will deliver great photos...
18. Synack (Posts: 677; Member since: 05 Jul 2011)
I doubt HTC can bring anything worthy. Nokia is obviously the best device for WP to be on.
8. rainyday (Posts: 44; Member since: 04 Sep 2012)
no micro sd card but you can type on it with your ski gloves on...really nokia?
10. Just_a_boy (Posts: 183; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
This is the real innovation, i'm pretty sure that Nokia's sales will increase.
11. BigSupes (Posts: 10; Member since: 05 Sep 2012)
Release date. I need the Lumia 920 in my life.
33. epdm2be (Posts: 514; Member since: 20 Apr 2012)
All prices quoted are prices in Belgium including 21% VAT.
Samsung Ativ S - 559 euro
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 - 699 euro
Nokia Lumia 820 - 499 euro
Nokia Lumia 920 - 599 euro
Prices in NL, DE, FR & UK will likely be a bit lower.
14. cyborg009 (Posts: 112; Member since: 17 Sep 2011)
note2 or wp8 ... hands-on to both will make a call now !!!
16. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Nokia and MS seem to have released a phone that can compete on specs with this summer's high-end Android phones. Since the Lumia 90 won't actually be shipping until late October, it will be interesting to see what gets released for the Xmas season from Android-land.
17. shadez10 (Posts: 427; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
does windows phone 8 supports true multitasking or just the same as the WP7 faketasking?..
20. soshi (Posts: 154; Member since: 08 Mar 2012)
Sound promising and unique style. But wp can't costumize as my own style like android. But nokia always trusted phone manufacture like sony in term of optimization
21. JessJess (unregistered)
Looking gooood. I really like the yellow for some reason.
22. ahhxd717 (Posts: 332; Member since: 08 Dec 2011)
#9 says that the s4 is not nearly as fast as quad core alternatives. What? I mean, Exynos 4212 may be a bit faster and maybe tegra 3 in some areas but its definitely comparable. Anyway, idk about the big bezel at the bottom but otherwise I'm liking it. The Ativ S looks great, but in terms of design, I'm leaning a little towards Nokia. The Ativ S looks like most any other Samsung in the front and a little HTC-esque in the back, to me.
23. myclevername (Posts: 94; Member since: 07 Jun 2010)
Looks like a nice phone. Enterprise security is a strong feature for Windows Phone 8. I can see a lot of companies dropping Blackberry for WP8. And the added advantage of seamless syncing with Windows 8 is another incentive. All in al the 920 is a very impressive phone. And it is my understanding that they still have a few features up their sleeve that are yet to be revealed. I would love to get 7.8 on my Lumia 900 sooner rather than later. I like the tile resizing feature.
26. steelicon (Posts: 318; Member since: 02 Apr 2011)
“The ‘Oh sh!t we just released another product that won’t sell…’ look of Stephen Elop”
“The ‘Who’s your daddy now, Nokia?’ look of Steve Ballmer”
According to GSMA.
Nokia Lumia 920 “PureView” vs. Nokia 808 PureView Pro
No 3.5mm SD AV Out.
Heavier than Nokia 808 PV.
No AMOLED CBD.
No Dolby HD Audio.
No Nokia PureView Rich Recording.
No external card slot expansion (microSD)
No Xenon flash.
ND Filter is questionably absent.
No Adobe Flash / Flash Lite.
No FM radio.
No Radio Transmitter.
No Java support.
No high quality MEMS microphones.
No DivX/XviD out of the box support (questionably downloadable as app).
No MKV out of the box support (questionably downloadable as app).
The comparison list goes on and on and on…
BUT… now for the good news.
The Lumia 920 “PureView” will make the Nokia 808 PureView a household name. It will make the Nokia 808 PureView to be more sought after. The Lumia “PureView” will be sold in volume, so it is free advertising for the Nokia 808 PureView, considering 8.7MP vs. 41MP, people would rather buy the original true PureView Pro technology. Not to mention the draconian restrictions of Windows Phone 7.x/8.x.
27. JackDude (Posts: 6; Member since: 03 Mar 2012)
Have you seen the specs. It weighs 185 g (6.53 oz) and the so called "heavy" Iphone 4(S) weighs 140 g (4.94) oz. I just don't understand how Nokia makes a 4,5 inch phone that is heavier then Samsung's 5,5 inch Note II.
29. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
i think nokia should start making proffesional phones... the lumia design are awesome but its been a 2-year old design from N9...
and the design captures the eyes of youth and young proffesional because the colors and the design is really atractive..
the ativ s really look so proffesional.. the unibody is just plain sexy, bt the built quality?! not much.. seen some scratch to early protype of the device...
so HTC, they are know for having black and white phones.. i think they can pull a design that will suit proffesional people..
but the lumia line for me, is still the best!! and the BEAST!!!