Nokia Lumia 920 pre-orders top Apple iPhone 5 sales in France
0. phoneArena 16 Oct 2012, 16:58 posted on
The Nokia Lumia 920 has some strong momentum going for it as pre-orders for the device have been sold out in Italy, and pre-orders for the phone in France ares o high that the model tops the PhoneHouse list of the top 50 sellers in France...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. pookiewood (Posts: 567; Member since: 05 Mar 2012)
Lets open it up in America!!
Can't wait to be the "first" to get a Lumia 920. ;)
3. ZayZay (Posts: 556; Member since: 26 Feb 2011)
America ordering something besides iPhone? At least other countries aren't AS brainwashed to realized there are better phones out there.
10. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3006; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
The reign of iPhone is slowly washing out...
4S was it's peak...iP5 is no longer gorgeous and beautiful.
Here comes the Lumias...the new innovation!
18. Pings (Posts: 301; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
A UI based of AOL's website from 1996 is not innovation.
20. darkkjedii (Posts: 10622; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Thank u. That dude needs to hush. Ip5 isn't beautiful? Dude that's your opinion, millions of sales indicate different.
26. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
The different is, it's the trend and fashion,....
31. HouTexan (Posts: 306; Member since: 08 Jan 2012)
Not true. Most (not all) buy it because it has a damn Apple logo on the back and because they think it's "what's hot" . Sales don't tell the story.
42. darkkjedii (Posts: 10622; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Again that's your opinion. Tell me this, have u asked the millions of iOS users if they bought it cuz of the logo on the back? If not, then u can't say it's not true, and if u haven't asked them then its your opinion. Sales tell a major story also.
63. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
always going back to sales, its all you apple trolls have. you hold it up like its your victory, ''look i follow the crowd '' is what your saying
and dont reply from your other comments anything you say will be stupid and irrelevant
85. asseek (Posts: 164; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
i agree with HouTexan, here in Lebanon, most (not all) bought the iPhone 5 for it's Apple logo on the back, not because its innovative or worth the money u pay for, because some people consider that if they have the iPhone 5, they are rich...
99. Cheers2 (Posts: 1; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
Asseek i am Lebanese and you are completely right. Unfortunately, Windows Phone is rarely known in this country and Nokia should advertise the lumia 820/920 ASAP
104. asseek (Posts: 164; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
yea i totally agree with u bro, man I go to cellphone stores and i ask 'em about Nokia Lumia, they never heard of!! :S Nokia should concentrate on the Lebanese market again, since almost all Lebanese had Nokia phones. my total respact for u bro
106. mikosoft (Posts: 2; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
I am currently holding a Titan and can't wati to get my hands on a 920!!! Yeyyy finally someone else has a brain in this country!!!
105. mikosoft (Posts: 2; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
Indeed, Asseek, I am lebanese and this is 100% True...all iPhone users here are like sh**p, they just follow the trend and most of them don't know how to use it!!!
66. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3006; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Hahaha...Darkkjedii, you're funny man! You have to get into iP5's sales estimations to see if iP5 is beautiful?
Yes, in my personal opinion, iPhone 5 is nowhere near beautiful... And according to you, no wait, according to millions of sales of the phone, you conclude the phone is beautiful.
This is what votes do to people...the depend too much on estimations!!
27. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
True, and the way the layout and settings are allover the place. Puzzling and looks weird.
44. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2384; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
the home screen looks "cluttered" and the app draw is a long scroll down to find what u may be looking for also there wont be nearly as many apps as there are on android..........but thats where progress steps in right?
Is it better than android? not in my opinion simply because android has come A LONG WAY from a humble beginning and we my friend are going to dominate for a long time to come....
88. -box- (Posts: 3752; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
@xperia-knight: no need to scroll that much, just press the letter that the app's name starts with, it jumps right to that section. Also, pinning frequently used apps to the home screen makes it even faster, especially with the coming resizeable tiles.
59. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3006; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Oi, homeboy...who's talking about UI here?? Do
you think the tiles are all that i know about the
920?? Do you even know what Pureview is? Or what OIS stands for?
And Darkjedi, my opinion??
Tell me something...do you think people stick to
iP5 after 4S because it's beautiful and simple? Or because most don't know how to go Android
since it's way complicated for them?? Cause
last i checked, even 4S lovers complained
about the boring looks of iP5.
Yeah, it's beautiful...but it's a beautiful disaster!
73. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
The ip5 can run anygames, unlike lagging and limited games.
81. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3006; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Troll, i couldn't have chosen a better name for you myself. And with that profile picture, it suits you very well!!!
Tell me something other than games...like the hard ware? Processor? Camera? Anything you find innovative...of course in your savior, iP5.
82. StreetNerd (Posts: 700; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
do u play League of Legends? Troll's profile picture looks like Taric :') so gay
61. gothicheart (Posts: 82; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
and i gues you're one of the few who calls the ip5 an innovation right? how smart...
84. asseek (Posts: 164; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
he said "Here comes the Lumias...the new innovation"
he meant the new Lumia is the innovation, not the OS on it, or the UI of wp8
so if u wanna argue, read well, and its either u argue about the subject or shut up..
93. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3006; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Thank You Asseek, for the clarification. Some people need to read well and understand what is being written before commenting on their own will.
98. asseek (Posts: 164; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
no worries bro, they understand the comments the way they want, and then comment without even thinking (just to show their love for android) arguing you on something u didn't even mention
54. cretinick (Posts: 147; Member since: 25 Jan 2011)
I only can think that the Lumia 920 has a hardware so freaking fantastic, that Nokia could put any operating system on it and it would sell like water in the desert anyway!
WP7/7.5 has many flaws. Most of users that are pre-ordering the L920 never used the WP OS, or never used for more than a couple of minutes, scrolling the screen up and down.
I really hope that the WP8 come way better than the WP7.5... Or the L920 will be the bigger fail of the year. Great Hardware with a very limited OS.
89. -box- (Posts: 3752; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
What flaws does it have? It has some gaps in terms of features, but nothing I would call flaws that haven't been fixed that I've encountered. Lumia 900 owner here.
95. cretinick (Posts: 147; Member since: 25 Jan 2011)
You can't move the contacts to the SIM card to use in another phone (in case your battery goes off and you have to call someone using a friend phone).
You can't see the duration time of a call. (only can see the time it was made).
Notifications are awful.
And for those who are familiarized to Android (and Symbian),the absence of widgets makes alot of diference.
Some simple tasks, like turn on and off Wi-Fi, GPS, 3G and Plane mode are not as easy like in others OS (Not a big trouble! But it is not as simple as on other OSs).
35. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Pikapowerize should be commenting soon....
52. Peter98 (Posts: 119; Member since: 01 Aug 2012)
I am Apple fans but I can't admit. Nokia is coming back!
74. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Its been 2years, I don't see no progress. U ask the public what Nokias highend sets are, people say its the Nseries. Whats Lumia....?
77. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
if you see no progress you aint looking, nokia have come along way and whatever you think about certain people's decisions the lumia's are excellent spec phones that should give wp8 a kick start
just because you personally are what threatened by change dont mean anything
everything starts somewhere, android started on shaky ground now look. wp8 can be a real competitor so deal with it
75. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Good luck to NOKIA. MAEMO. MEEGO SAILFISH. HARMATAN SYMBIAN.. . BUT NOT W8....
2. vvelez5 (Posts: 623; Member since: 29 Jan 2011)
That's amazing. I want to see the actual numbers though.
38. BillyG (Posts: 305; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
agree, its a pre-order. besides, people already got their iP5 or order directly in apple online store, i bet other high end android can easily be #1 at PhoneHouse.
and stay pressed... nokia will be #1 again, after people try that half baked WP and return it to PhoneHouse...
4. wp8forever (unregistered)
NOKIA I HAVE $800 DOLLARS FOR YOU LET ME GET MY LUMIA ALREADY TAKE THIS MONEY IS ALL YOURS , IM ERE IN MIAMI WAITING WAITING LOL. IN FACT IMMA GET IT IN RED SO IT CAN MATCH THE MIAMI HEAT best nba team and best phone ahhhh lol.
11. -box- (Posts: 3752; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Maybe someone who doesn't like the miami heat?
13. dmckay12 (Posts: 243; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
That narrow it down to about 6,968,173,798
25. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
More like dosen't like the midrange spec phone with highend price, and Half-baked OS, like me....!
28. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
please tell me how its a half baked OS and only midrange specs
you keep trying to live up to your name but you fail, not a good troll
34. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
No dev support. No Roms. No kernels. No root. No overclocking. No XDA. Unlike Cydia. Dosen't support flash. It's not Linux, MaliMp400. Pvrsgx543mp3. Vs last years specs. Talk about evolution...
37. wp8forever (unregistered)
TROLL no better idiot that's how I call you now , ok you idiot ,I will explain one new last time to you , android is like a Honda civic you can put a million different after market s**t from eBay , windows phone 8 is like a Ferrari you don't need to do anything to it is just spectacular the way it comes you get it now the s**t just work by the way most ppl who root phones and overclock have no girl like u , I bet you stay in a f**king country place like Alabama or some lol cuz if you where to be here in Miami you wouldn't do that lol.
43. darkkjedii (Posts: 10622; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Your comment started off ok, but got ridiculous at the end. Why did u have to insult troll like that? Is it that serious?
48. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
His really pisset of, cause few months befor he kicked of with PA and fandroids ios users were thumbing down every Nokia+Windows articles and he got banned, he was then known as WP7FOREVER.
64. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
you insult people muppet
the dingo comment, ohh its ok when you do it right, such a idiot
stop trying to act like a peacemaker when your one of the worst
40. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
well beyond your bs i just wanna pick out one thing ''last year specs' are you serious
so this phone that will match android flagships and the iphone has last year specs....what does that say about every other phone out now then.
talk about evolution, name a device that has evolved to a new height then
91. -box- (Posts: 3752; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
@troll: Do you know what you're talking about? No kernels? IT SHARES ITS KERNEL WITH WINDOWS 8, YOU FOOL.
Besides, why would you want to mess with something an OEM spent hundred of thousands, if not millions, of dollars (or euros, or yen, etc) on tweaking and perfecting, if it's already capable? I could understand that for iphone because it's so restricted, and early Android to get newer features, but WP is the newest widely-available OS, and it shows. It doesn't need tweaking or pushing boundaries. As WP8Forever said, it's like a Ferrari: you buy a Ferrari to be a Ferrari, not some tuned up fart-can-bearing cheapo that you have to modify to get to have decent performance. Do you feel the need to hack your television? How about your microwave? No? Why is that? Oh, because they work the way they're intended out of the box, just like a WIndows Phone, and it's unlikely you'd be able to improve anything beyond what's already there without causing damage. Yes, it is FUN to hack, tweak, and modify, but it isn't necessary for everything. And as for specs, guess what, the WP8s have the same specs (excepting the quad-core processors) as their Android brethren. ATIV S is a reskinned GS3. WP8X is reskinned OneX+. Are those "last year"?
5. cornerofthemoon (Posts: 505; Member since: 20 Apr 2010)
About time Nokia had some good news.
6. ajac09 (Posts: 1367; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
hell in france the iphone beats Deodorant in sales dont mean much
7. ZayZay (Posts: 556; Member since: 26 Feb 2011)
I played around with the 820 from the Nokia rep and it was pretty smooth. Loved the live tiles on it and how you could pick the size. Pretty impressive nokia.
23. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Lol, you can get live tiles with android too (launcher 7 ), if you like windows phone for that silly detail
60. Damien_666 (Posts: 37; Member since: 16 Oct 2011)
Live tiles on android too? Lol
A dog with painted stripes is not a cheetah!
92. -box- (Posts: 3752; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
...cheetahs have spots. Tigers have stripes.
Other than that, I liked your post
9. QWIKSTRIKE (Posts: 843; Member since: 09 Mar 2010)
I have been saying for quite some time that Windows phone 8 is going to give the phone market a run for it's money.