Nokia Lumia 920 is someone's crush, literally
0. phoneArena 05 Apr 2013, 13:52 posted on
Imagine how you would feel getting crushed by a 24-ton Caterpillar and now imagine how you would feel if your handset was crushed by a 24 ton handset, probably worse, right?; well, this is a story about a Nokia Lumia 920 that was on the receiving end of one of those heavy duty trucks and while it was crushed to smithereens, the unit still works...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. pookiewood (Posts: 631; Member since: 05 Mar 2012)
Cant Bust it...well the screen but still. :p
2. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3896; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
PA, you got a new way to check the ruggedness of a phone.
I have an idea, let's see how slim and light can the SIV get!
10. TechBizJP08 (Posts: 495; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
Crushed to pieces.. Oh well, 920 here we go..
7. asingha94 (Posts: 295; Member since: 08 Apr 2012)
Haha!!the thing is what happend with the caterpillar or its tyre!!lol!just curious!
15. osmaankhaan (unregistered)
nokia can't just move on with the 3310 strength, even the snake got old and died by now.
19. osmaankhaan (unregistered)
or u both could be dead, thats a possibility.....btw L800 is not a nokia phone
21. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3896; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Yes, it's not a Nokia phone.
It's called Samsung Lumia 800. Wait...that came out wrong! Hell it did!
Are you crazy? Anti-Nokia fan even denying Lumia is from Nokia! O_o
25. osmaankhaan (unregistered)
my bad who knows L800 when nobody knows whats lumai 800 or whatever its called.....let the sales speak for itself.
63. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3896; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Pow! Strike three...aaaaand you're out!
By the way, what is Lumai?
16. osmaankhaan (unregistered)
the last i remember i threw my 3310 into a recycling bin and nokia has planted a tree in return
43. Timmehor (Posts: 599; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
Nokia 3310: Son, You have done your father proud.
4. papss (unregistered)
That is pretty amazing.. I've dropped mine twice on concrete and banged the corners up, even slid on the screen but nothing happened. Pretty tough phone
11. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3896; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Here, throw it to me.
I'm continents away and i can't see you but who cares, throw it to me.
Even if i don't catch it, you still know it's safe. :D
6. asingha94 (Posts: 295; Member since: 08 Apr 2012)
Wtf!!i have seen same thing in youtube which was with a car but this is really something amazing...build quality at its ultimate level!!now what plastic to compare it with!!
8. N-fanboy (Posts: 543; Member since: 12 Jan 2013)
Even after the screen is crushed like that, it still looks better than the samslug pussaxy Ass4
9. asingha94 (Posts: 295; Member since: 08 Apr 2012)
Nicely said!!but if it would be an ass4 it will look like sh.....t!!
22. osmaankhaan (unregistered)
even after getting crushed by a 24 ton caterpillar its still thicker than the s4.. phahahah
28. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Why so much hatred? Butthurt much? =]
46. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
We no you're beloved company is tumbling on a sinking ship, no need to be aggressive, stay calm, don't be paranoid or be underpressure™
55. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 949; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
Strange, how somebody that claims to hate WP8 so much spends ALL of their time trying to infiltrate message threads that deal with WP8 related issues. Troll, I certainly hope that Sammy or Google are paying you for your time and efforts, or else you really are just a fool ;o)
12. osmaankhaan (unregistered)
when will nokia stop making bricks and start making smartphones...
18. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3896; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
The day you realise bricks don't have screens, volume rocker, camera button, sim slot, speaker, camera and oh, oh...it can make calls, SURPRISE!!
23. osmaankhaan (unregistered)
nokia made me realize even bricks do have screen , volume rocker, camera button, sim slot, speaker, camera and oh , oh...it can make calls, SURPRISE!! but still it remains a bulky brick.
33. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 949; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
Pump some iron, wimp - and then it won't seem so heavy ;o)
42. Archan_Pe (Posts: 74; Member since: 08 Apr 2012)
I would honestly rather have a "brick phone" with amazing build quality than a slim phone that with one drop could possibly break.
31. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
when will samsung stop making plastic toy and start making premium smartphone with good bulid quality without copying/using/adopt other company ideas or innovation