Nokia Lumia 920 bought on eBay might accidentally be loaded with Windows Phone Blue
Similar to the way that notifications are handled on iOS and Android, multiple notifications are separated by app on the leaked Windows Phone notifications shade. There is also a revised multitasking section giving the user the ability to exit out of an app with a single tap from the multitasking view.
The UI on the phone also had a new weekly view on the calendar so that the user can make an appointment while looking at weekly information. And software can be called to the screen in order of "most used", "moderately used" and other headings. There is also a version of HERE Drive that mentions Beta BLUE. There are also a number of test apps designated by the letter "Z" which is something Nokia does with apps on developer units.
Is this all part of an upcoming update? There is some speculation that this is indeed part of the upcoming Windows Phone Blue update. Microsoft, for now, refuses to comment.
source: Reddit, TheVerge via SlashGear
1. bulgyjj (Posts: 27; Member since: 08 Jun 2013)
I seen this on WP Central earlier.. Pretty interesting and truly hope this comes in the next update
10. TechyMexican (Posts: 17; Member since: 02 Jan 2012)
well first it'll be GDR2, which Nokia will release in the Amber update for their lumia devices. and it remains to be known if the notification center is on GDR3 or the Blue update
2. clevername (Posts: 1378; Member since: 11 Jul 2008)
Here's hoping...idk why a notification center can't be part of the me app. No need for something different, although a slide to the right would work too. Just seems redundant to have both
3. adolert15 (Posts: 27; Member since: 12 Oct 2012)
Nokia stole one app from HTC: Battery Sense...
8. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Next they will be stealing the feautres, following Androids foot steps, "Wanabe"™®©
9. TechyMexican (Posts: 17; Member since: 02 Jan 2012)
if you have every used windows phone, you would know that battery sense is a third party app in the windows store
4. Credo (Posts: 558; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
They can better integrate the multitasking screen at the left of the start menu like the application menu is on the right, that will be unique and something no other OS hass, really !! No need to acces it tru a tile wth .... And it must show you every thing, messages, emails, installed an app, maybe shortcuts to turn on/off wifi/mobile internet.... That would be a huge hitt !
13. -box- (Posts: 3470; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
True, but Kid's Corner is on the left in WP8
15. tigermcm (Posts: 560; Member since: 02 Sep 2009)
no its not, kids corner you swipe left on the screen saver
17. user996 (Posts: 123; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
do you know what is MeeGo? it is fully touch UI OS by Nokia and it was presented back in 2011. it has everything you said
18. Credo (Posts: 558; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
I knoww, i also want the MeeGo multitasking screen bakened into Windows Phone, that would be awesome instead of scrolling from left to right to multitask ...
22. user996 (Posts: 123; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
let's say we want Microsoft to take MeeGo and develop it because MeeGo is one of the best optimized of mobile OS. ok add your live tiles no one cares but MeeGo is best
6. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1473; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
If this update doesn't come to HTC wp then I am officially gonna go mental at Microsoft!
7. Credo (Posts: 558; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
Don't worry, this is not exclusive i'm pretty sure of that!
20. Dastrix (Posts: 392; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
Just out of curiosity... Considering that WP = Lumia, why exactly would you get an HTC WP mate? o.o
11. icyrock1 (Posts: 239; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
Wonder how it ended up on Ebay though.
12. -box- (Posts: 3470; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Never felt the need for a notification center, but wouldn't mind a quick-settings dropdown like Symbian Belle for WiFi, Bluetooth, Hotspot, and Battery Saver