Nokia Lumia 900 to get a $100 million marketing glitz for its US launch and "hero" status with AT&T
0. phoneArena 04 Jan 2012, 03:32 posted on
The marketing push is rumored to cost the staggering $100 million, tip insiders, but it remains unknown how the budget will be split among the three interested parties. For comparison, that was Verizon's initial budget to popularize the Motorola DROID, which later on received iconic status and brought on wider Android recognition...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Firedrops (Posts: 198; Member since: 06 Sep 2011)
Seems Nokia's been trying to pull off an Apple in terms of advertising/marketing. Also seems like it's going to work.
2. drahmad (Posts: 478; Member since: 20 Aug 2011)
the handset is looking RED & HOT.......its going to do its job
10. RazaAsad (Posts: 100; Member since: 24 Nov 2011)
I am waiting for 900. I love the looks.If it delivers what I am looking for, this will be my next phone as soon as it is launched in Canada.
11. JC557 (Posts: 677; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
I would hope a phone like that would be released for Verizon as well. Lord knows there's a shortage of WP7 for this provider and I would probably buy one outright if it were to make it on big red.
3. Magoo215 (Posts: 2; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Can we get any news regarding Sprint and Windows Phone please... And not talkin about any updates for the Arive either.
7. Gcombs (Posts: 130; Member since: 22 Aug 2011)
I feel your pain. I'm with Verizon and want news on the Verizon side about LTE WP. I really hope they get this Nokia Lumina 900 and the HTC Radiant too by April otherwise I'm going to have to switch...
4. Glim12808 (Posts: 379; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
I'm actually getting more and more excited over the release of Lumia 900! Hope it has FFC and LTE. It's been more than 2 weeks now since I bought my first WP7 device and have become more impressed with the OS with each passing day! The Lumia 900 is shaping to be the WP7 device to own!
5. DontHateOnS60 (Posts: 770; Member since: 20 Apr 2009)
Probably going to wait for an N8 type media powerhouse Windows Phone from Nokia instead.
6. vvelez5 (Posts: 623; Member since: 29 Jan 2011)
I am already going to get this phone if it has what it has been rumored to have. But I would love to see this marketing campaign and see if it does draw a crowd.
8. remixfa (Posts: 13901; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
Will this be wp7s "Droid " hit campaign? Guess we will find out soon.
9. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5462; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Thats one sexy color. Thinking i might upgrade too this if AT&T gets red one.
12. jmartin35 (Posts: 2; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Most of the att stores all push android. I even went to one att store that had no wp on the showroom floor, they had to go in back and get some dummy phones for me to look at.
13. Shadowman38 (Posts: 5; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
Can Anyone tell us WHYYYYY t-freakin-mobile is not getting the Nokia 900. Whasup with that. The last thing I want to do is go back to freakin at&t. Doesn't nokia know that at&t came out last place for customer service and their prices suck to. Come on Nokia take your head out you a$%. If you're trying make some kind of come back don't limit it to just one carrier. T-Freakin-mobile better get their act together also.