Nokia Lumia 900 is the best phone ever, Siri says so
0. phoneArena 11 May 2012, 02:23 posted on
What is the best cell phone ever made? Giving an answer to that question is like trying to determine the best Jellybean flavor. In other words, it is pretty difficult since every phone is special in its own way. But according to Siri, the Nokia Lumia 900 is top dog...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
12. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
and would be good Siri could answer for "what are the differences between iOS and Android" this:
28. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Android Vs iOS The Truth about Apple and Google's OS
Latest and the last part 5:http://youtu.be/q5A4k1bDV0s
In case you missed the series here are the links below:
**BONUS FAQ Video**
5. LordOfTroll (banned) (Posts: 54; Member since: 08 May 2012)
Siri : What is the most fragmentated, laggy, & sluggish phone with malware and spyware?
Answer : Technically every Android phone, you know it don't you?
13. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
have you seen this:
after this video iOS look very back-warded ;-)
16. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
Don't give candy to the trolls, children.
17. RamyRamz69 (Posts: 390; Member since: 12 Dec 2011)
My SEX Arc rarley laggs, is not slugish at all and never had viruses. You are just a troll.
36. GoodFella (Posts: 112; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
"My SEX Arc rarley laggs, is not slugish at all and never had viruses..."
I'm glad your "Sex Arc" stayed clear of all STDs... LOL
19. poojaroy (Posts: 52; Member since: 29 Apr 2012)
which is the dumbest ,ugly and waste of money phone.
siri-noooo truth is iphone and me .......
6. Anthony_Gonzalves (Posts: 46; Member since: 11 May 2012)
I bet steve jobs would be pissed on siri if he would be alive...lol
8. mrochester (unregistered)
It's not Siri who thinks the Lumia 900 is the best phone, it's Wolfram Alpha that Siri uses to get an answer
9. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
quit repeating about those bumps PA.
when you start talking about your beloved iphone you don't mention about it's flaws over and over again (just for the record: antenna, battery, display leakage, etc.)
10. smartphone (Posts: 160; Member since: 21 Oct 2011)
Actually its cyan lumia 900.
If you are not a poweruser and uses the phone for calling, social networking, display tech, design, fluidity, photography it is a great phone for the average user.
11. Altair (Posts: 367; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
Well, Siri is right! Nokia Lumia 900 IS the best phone for its price. For the average user, 900 is indeed a very good cellphone.
14. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Yes you're right. This should have been mentioned.
15. madan325 (Posts: 2; Member since: 11 May 2012)
When did siri get to test lumia 900. She is definitely telling truth. Been using for little more than 2 weeks loving it.
18. jopancy (Posts: 74; Member since: 25 Apr 2012)
Hey Nick T. it seems you were dissappointed that Siri didn't choose iphone. That's why you are quick to explain why Siri chose Lumia 900 instead of iphone.
"However, that is because her response appears to be influenced by specific criteria'', well who set the criteria, Nokia??
"Technically, Siri is still not out of beta, so if you ask her the same question in the future, the iPhone would likely be favored''- if she wasn't ready why put her in the iphone 4s as a major feature??
"What is the best cell phone ever made? Giving an answer to that question is like trying to determine the best Jellybean flavor. In other words, it is pretty difficult since every phone is special in its own way''- really?? You seem to think Siri make a mistake. She should have selected the iphone. Base on your criteria of course.
22. Nick_T (Posts: 158; Member since: 27 May 2011)
Not disappointed, but I find it funny because Siri has hardwired responses to certain questions, but not to the one above. These responses are often quite human-like. For example, to "Tell me a funny joke", Siri responds with "I can't. I always forget the punch line.", and if you ask "What is the best tablet ever?", the response is "There is only iPad."
The story is a bit like lifting the hood of a Toyota and finding a sticker saying that Mercedes is better. Siri's answer was based on user reviews on the internet, as it is clearly shown on the screenshot.
And by the way, there is no such thing as "best cell phone ever". There are only user preferences and fanboyism.
30. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
I thought he was just explaining the situation. I cant believe i missed all of Nick's blatant fanboy craziness. Thanks for pointing that out!! naughty naughty Nick T!!! lololol
Just incase u didnt get it.. thats internet sarchasm. :)
So they canned in the response for the ipad, but let it answer honestly for phones. Thats funny. Well, there goes all our resident troll's arguements about how the iphone is the highest rated consumer phone. Siri says your lying.
29. lubba (Posts: 1313; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
I thought the same thing when I read his article.
20. poojaroy (Posts: 52; Member since: 29 Apr 2012)
which is the dumbest ,ugly and waste of money phone?
siri-noooo truth is iphone and me .......
21. Hemlocke (unregistered)
That Siri, she is pretty smart. The Lumia 900 is one of the nicest cellphones I have ever seen, with the great N9 body fattened up, and that beautiful feature phone-esque 800x480 screen. It's just a shame that it isn't a very good smartphone, because being tied into a hobbled, dead-end ecosystem that will not be updated to the next iteration and having 2010 hardware for two years from 2012 should be a criminal offense.
24. Roomaku (Posts: 278; Member since: 06 Feb 2012)
LOL what are you talking about? WP7 ecosystems has been growing steadily over the past months, much more then Symbian, or Blackberry. Of course it's not going to catch up to Android or iOS' respective app stores. I don't think anyone in there right mind would consider the screen on the 900 feature phone, just because it doesn't have the highest resolution. Also very unlikely that the 900, a flagship phone, will not get Apollo or at least some of the features regardless of what Microsoft has said or not said.
45. Hemlocke (unregistered)
Perhaps you haven't looked lately and seen that Bada outpaced it last quarter, as did RIM.
23. Mobile-X-Pert (Posts: 565; Member since: 20 Dec 2010)
It seems that Siri is a useful tool after all...lol
25. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1806; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
This is just funny :D Made my day for sure :)
26. ron1niro (Posts: 54; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
Siri is just unbiased unlike phone arena that keeps mentioning glitches that have already been fixed. Why don't you repeatedly mention the iphone's flaws?
27. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
I see rage from fandroids and iDiots. :)))
31. lubba (Posts: 1313; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
Take it for what it is Nick T. No need to make excuses for siri/iphone. Lets see, when was the iPhone 4s released? Its now May and siri is still in beta? Never heard. And yes the Nokia L900 is rated high for value and design, but you forgot UI/OS.
33. wp74ver (banned) (Posts: 62; Member since: 10 May 2012)
I have a white lumia 900 best phone ever but I actually want and android user to describe to me what's a poweruser I had all kinda of android phones before I switched to wp7 what's a poweruser ,I listen to music ,email,office,YouTube,play games download apps ,use the browser ,ok I can't sent files tru Bluetooth lol who the hell does that's no one ,or I don't have a micro sd no that's why they r getting them out of the way make ur phone lag, or I can't download illegal apps and music from 4share yessss lets support piracy so developers stop making apps yeahhh ,or I can't install custom rom and make my phone look like a Honda civic full of eBay aftermarket parks lol ,understand this when wp8 hits alone with windows 8 and the tables and the new Xbox the games is over is over for all of u .
34. wp74ver (banned) (Posts: 62; Member since: 10 May 2012)
That's how stupid people r do u really think the won't update the lumia 900 to windows 8 this is windows phone no android we get updates they won't risk no to update this phone I know android hater wish the don't update second generation wp7 to wp8 cuz just imagine my white lumia 900 with wp8 that's gonna make u sell ur Android in a heartbeat HATER I'm hope Microsoft block everything google makes from WP and windows PC F.... Google I love Bing .
35. sithman (banned) (Posts: 299; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
I just asked Siri that question, and got a response to do a web search.
37. joey18 (Posts: 574; Member since: 20 Jul 2010)
Dont think so lumia is cheap phone the gs3 is the king
38. lubba (Posts: 1313; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
Wtf are you talking about. GS3 is the king? It was just announced and not sold to the public yet. Your beyond trolling.
39. jibraihimi (Posts: 712; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
User: which phone sucks most?
Siri: Leave it, I will loose my job if I answer this......
User: please siri, tell na.......
Siri: okay, but this is a secret between u and me, don't disclose it to any other person....
User: I won't disclose it to anybody.
Siri: iPhone sucks........
40. scrabble111 (Posts: 13; Member since: 25 Apr 2011)
When you go to ask ziggy on windows phone and ask it the same question, it says the apple iPhone 3gs instead.. LOL
41. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7030; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
For once SIRI said something right for once
42. Quezdagreat (Posts: 428; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
this gotta be fake i just ask siri the same question and it told me the location of local cell phone stores
43. bigpen85 (Posts: 2; Member since: 12 May 2012)
my siri answer me :http://i1052.photobucket.com/a
44. bigpen85 (Posts: 2; Member since: 12 May 2012)
my siri answer me :http://i1052.photobucket.com/a