Nokia Lumia 900 for AT&T announced, brings high hopes for Windows Phone's proliferation in the US
0. phoneArena 09 Jan 2012, 17:21 posted on
The most high-end Nokia Windows Phone was just announced exclusively for AT&T's LTE netowrk at Nokia's event today at the CES 2012 expo, and it is just what we expected. A 4.3" display with ClearBlack technology, polycarbonate unibody in different colors, 1.4GHz CPU and swanky camera functionality...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. smartx84 (Posts: 12; Member since: 30 Dec 2011)
hope this goes international...i've a lumia800, beautiful fantastic handset, but despite its 3.7inch display (larger than the iphone), the display itself is a bit narrow and i keep typing errors, and rarely on my iphone4...
4. Lucas777 (Posts: 2137; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
thats because ios has really good keyboard mechanics
6. Penny (Posts: 1616; Member since: 04 Feb 2011)
True. I actually thought WP7's keyboard was better than iOS's prior to Mango. After Mango it seemed to become a little less accurate.
12. Lucas777 (Posts: 2137; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
as strange as it seems i agree.. mango made the keyboard a little worse i think.. idk why
3. Lucas777 (Posts: 2137; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
nice. this is the high end phone we need-- not much more to ask for except front-facing camera?
13. Lucas777 (Posts: 2137; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
nevermind it got updated to say there is a front facing camera
21. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
Its a great start for sure. cant wait for the apollo update so they can get dual core and 1080p cameras. Even if it doesnt need the dual core functionality so much for anything but games, if PROPERLY implemented it can make some great battery savings over a single core.
5. christianqwerty (Posts: 467; Member since: 05 May 2011)
Finally, a quality windows phone 7 device!
8. vvelez5 (Posts: 623; Member since: 29 Jan 2011)
My only dilemma is which color should I get.
22. XiphiasGladius (Posts: 813; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
All colors are enticing but I kinda drooled on the Red/Magenta one. . .
9. Penny (Posts: 1616; Member since: 04 Feb 2011)
This one could be it, really seems like the full package.
4.3" screen (this size seems to be in high demand)
Carl Zeiss optics, 28mm wide angle lens, F2.2/2.4 (depending on the source)
FFC (not sure, but I believe so)
Nokia Lumia's beautiful design
11. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Anybody knows if it have sd micro?
14. fleanote (Posts: 50; Member since: 14 Jan 2011)
Still looks as sweet as the early leak shots. Like an Ipod shaped candybar :) But come on, 512MB RAM?! You want to compete with the big dogs - I know dual and quad core is out for now, but instead of subsidizing carrier costs - shift those dollars into a 1GB RAM upgrade. You're so close Windows Phone...so close. Keep pushing.
17. Glim12808 (Posts: 394; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
"The most high-end Nokia Windows Phone was just announced exclusively for AT&T's LTE network"
I'm happy for AT&T but I don't think I like the sound of the word "exclusively" in that sentence!
How about the rest of us not in the AT&T orbit?
But I'm sure Nokia will put out, if not the Lumia 900, at least an iteration of it for the rest of the world!
18. lubba (Posts: 1313; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
ESPN, Univision, CNN, and navigation are the high light of Nokia WP?
20. chunk1x (Posts: 248; Member since: 25 Jun 2011)
Boo! Only in North America. The world wants it too you d**ks.