Nokia Lumia 850 concept images hit the web looking too sexy to be true
0. phoneArena 11 May 2012, 05:28 posted on
Another concept design for the Nokia Lumia 850 is circulating the web, this time by Luxembourgish designer BrianMFB. The design is sleek, sexy, and we wonder where they're going to put the components in such a small device...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. rav405 (unregistered)
It should atleast have a 4.5" screen 3.8" is a little small.........
3. strikercho (banned) (Posts: 156; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)
Bhahaha! 3.5'' is small?!? Man, the best selling phone in the history has 3.5''! What are you going to do with 4.5''? Use it as a coffee tray?
23. Captain_Doug (Posts: 990; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
I don't know, use it as a smartphone? Can't do much with 3.5 inches of screen but play angry birds. That gets old real quick.
39. strikercho (banned) (Posts: 156; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)
Exactly, mate. This is a smartphone. Smart-phone. Not a smarttablet. if you need a bigga then go for an iPad. It is meant to stay in your pocket. It is really ridiculous when you see someone in the street with a paving stone like Galaxy 2/3 ot Note and actually talk on it. I burst with laughter at such a nice picture. :)
40. Johnny_Mnemonic (Posts: 240; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
With all that said there's no doubt your a ish**p
43. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
not everyone wears emo clothes and is so effeminate that they need small phones.
Only iSheaap use the "biggest selling" misnomer, because it doesnt mean anything. Market share is where its at.
Ive been using 4 inches, and its been fine, but i feel the need to grow to something bigger. 4.8 might be stretching it, but imma give it a try. :)
45. anthonykitbuchanan (Posts: 6; Member since: 11 May 2012)
I feel very sorry for my friend with iPhones because they are always straining their eyes to see the screen.
They are following the crowd and hating it. They are trapped in Steve Jobs mind thinking the size is perfect when Jobs just wanted to trick them into buying 2 devices.
16. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
This is a smartphone, not a tablet, 3.8" is enough for smartphones.
41. anthonykitbuchanan (Posts: 6; Member since: 11 May 2012)
Hey that's what Steve Jobs said.
Steve Jobs said, "3.5" is perfect for a phone. If you want something larger than buy my tablet ipad".
The fact is iphone at 3.5" is loosing market share. People want much larger. Samsung Galaxy Note seems large right now however I guarantee you it will be the norm by mid 2013.
If the Note had a better speaker phone it would be in my pocket right now. Instead I use a Dell Venue Pro.
2. maverick786us (Posts: 148; Member since: 20 Apr 2012)
Yes 3.8 inch is too small for touch screen devices. It should have atleast 4.5 inch screen with HD resolution (1280 X 720) and Windows 8 Apollo
38. strikercho (banned) (Posts: 156; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)
3.8" is too small for touch screen devices?!? Okay ''professor''.
48. ELGRECO (Posts: 4; Member since: 23 Mar 2012)
Agree, what's the big deal here? The Lumia 800 is much sexier.
5. Hemlocke (unregistered)
The Meizu MX called, and it does not want it's stolen design associated with crap vaporware.
42. Lucas777 (Posts: 2137; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
ironic how you say its stealing meizu's design…
and wp7 is in no way vaporware… it is alive and evolving
6. rd_nest (Posts: 1593; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
Boring, just same as any other rectangular slab. What is so sexy here that other phones don't have?
too much wasted space in the bezel. Looks more like 4.3 inch phone.
8. a1000smiles4u (Posts: 84; Member since: 24 Apr 2012)
Gimme window 8 in it I can wait for another 2 months
9. Roomaku (Posts: 278; Member since: 06 Feb 2012)
I feel like 4.3" is the max for me, any screen above that size just pushes the boundaries of what I think of as a phone.
10. tigermcm (Posts: 851; Member since: 02 Sep 2009)
I like when a person makes a comment about same rectangle slab........what do you want a circular phone?
11. kainy (Posts: 165; Member since: 10 Aug 2011)
Am I the only one that thinks the Lumia 800/900 are far better looking than this? Personally I don't like it. Nokia can do better ;) And it's not too sexy... damn.
13. Roomaku (Posts: 278; Member since: 06 Feb 2012)
Come on they look better because they are real, and this is a kind of bad concept image. The real product if it actually comes out will probably look better or just as "sexy" as the other Lumia, except the 710 because that is the obvious ugly duckling of the bunch!
12. LordOfTroll (banned) (Posts: 54; Member since: 08 May 2012)
This will be the next Galaxy S4 phone, good job samsung.. copycaT
Galaxy S = iPhone 3GS
Galaxy S2 = iPhone 4
Galaxy S3 = HTC
Galaxy S4 =?? NOKIA
14. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
I would personally prefer Metro UI on a 4.3 screen. 3.8inch is small. The design does not look bad, but a bigger screen would be most welcome.
15. Veigald (Posts: 290; Member since: 13 Jan 2012)
What's so incredibly sexy about this design? Imo both the 800 and 900 are way nicer. This one looks much more like any Samsung or other bland droids with its rounded corners.
18. Mobile-X-Pert (Posts: 565; Member since: 20 Dec 2010)
Please give me Snapdragon S4, 1GB of ram, ''4'' or ''4.3'' HD ClearBlack AMLOED display, 12 megapixel camera with Carl Zeiss and Windows 8. That would be my perfect phone.
19. maverick786us (Posts: 148; Member since: 20 Apr 2012)
Its a long wait game. Come on nokia, when will we hear the announcement of next Generation top end Lumia SuperPhone having....
1) 4.65 in Super AMOLED+ screen havnig gorilla glass 2
2) 1024 X 720 Pixels
3) Dual / Quad Core processor
4) PureView Camer technology with 1080P or above recording
5) Above all else Windows 8 Apollo.
21. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
this display size...you ripped sammy of it.
nevertheless, it would be nice to see and have it:)
be patient. The very first generation of Nokia-windows phones has just arrived and you would like to have another one.
people overhyped S III specs and they are disappointed.
29. maverick786us (Posts: 148; Member since: 20 Apr 2012)
Yes Nokia has to be fast, therefore have to hurry in releasing that dream phone in order to be competitive against Samsung
20. redmd (Posts: 1252; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
HTC impresses most in the design department.
22. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
htc "borrowed" polyccarbonate from Nokia and htc's design is known for years.
what's innovative in it (by this I don't mean it's wrong or awful)?
24. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
I'm a huge Nokia nerd (the only brand I've used for daily-use), but this concept, at best, is uninspired and vaguely deriviative of other non-Nokia designs. I see some elements of the E7, and the touches on the back like on the Lumia 800 and 900 are nice, but it doesn't say "Nokia" to me.
3.8" is OK for a mid-tier or introductory level phone, but based solely on the design, I think this would be a 750, not an 850, as the 800 looks much much better and its screen is only 0.1" smaller diagonally. Having the 4.3" Lumia 900 and a 3.5" C7 Astound, the increased screen size is very welcome, and both are easily pocketable, but my wife didn't notice the C7 as much in her pocket when walking around due to its smaller form factor and rounded corners. Not saying it's better, just pointing out a differentiating feature
25. lubba (Posts: 1313; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
Nice design but prefer >4.3" screen. Bigger screen for movies, photos, games, YouTube, reading, browsing, and overall easier for typing.
36. Leo_MC (Posts: 1155; Member since: 02 Dec 2011)
I like 47" (fourty seven, not four point seven) for that.
27. gmp009 (Posts: 12; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
Why All lumia have same type of design Nokia SuckZzZ!!!!!!!!!!!!
30. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Um, they don't... The only Lumias that look the same are the 800 and 900, but the 900 is larger and has a slightly different shape to the front
33. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
kid, lumia family has been released recently. why there shouldn't be any resemblance?
look at htc. their phones looks like twins ever since.
31. ryq24 (Posts: 698; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
most people want 4" or larger screen. 3.8" is now considered small and usually use for mid range phone. bigger screen makes it easier to surf the net or watch videos and play games.
32. rsiders (Posts: 867; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
This design is very promising. A 3.8" screen is fine. And I really don't see why everything wouldn't be able to fit to run the device. As much as I love the Lumia 900, I can't help but notice all the extra bulk and unused space at the top and bottom of the phone. This design utilizes what it needs and eliminates what it doesn't. We really need to see some of these concepts come to reality.
35. Mobile-X-Pert (Posts: 565; Member since: 20 Dec 2010)
I really love the LUmia 900 design and I hope Nokia use the same form factor for their future flagships.
37. mrmooresince19xx (Posts: 12; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
Damn this concept I have a concept.. A nokia windows phone with the design of the e7/n950, pentaband, and mango/apollo!!! Nokia please get more freedom out of this partnership otherwise whats the purpose!!!
44. andrew1953 (Posts: 176; Member since: 13 Nov 2011)
Can't see the picture so. I can't see how sexy looking this Lumia 850 is. Very excited about activity over at BB10
46. droidonleash (unregistered)
for most of the new features in todays smartphones a dispsay of 4 inch or higher is essential. the best selling phone(nokia 1100) had less than 2 inches. so theres nothing to brag about.
47. maverick786us (Posts: 148; Member since: 20 Apr 2012)
Because that was not a touchscreen device