Nokia Lumia 850 concept images hit the web looking too sexy to be true
0. phoneArena 11 May 2012, 05:28 posted on
Another concept design for the Nokia Lumia 850 is circulating the web, this time by Luxembourgish designer BrianMFB. The design is sleek, sexy, and we wonder where they're going to put the components in such a small device...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. rav405 (unregistered)
It should atleast have a 4.5" screen 3.8" is a little small.........
3. strikercho (banned) (Posts: 156; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)
Bhahaha! 3.5'' is small?!? Man, the best selling phone in the history has 3.5''! What are you going to do with 4.5''? Use it as a coffee tray?
23. Captain_Doug (Posts: 997; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
I don't know, use it as a smartphone? Can't do much with 3.5 inches of screen but play angry birds. That gets old real quick.
39. strikercho (banned) (Posts: 156; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)
Exactly, mate. This is a smartphone. Smart-phone. Not a smarttablet. if you need a bigga then go for an iPad. It is meant to stay in your pocket. It is really ridiculous when you see someone in the street with a paving stone like Galaxy 2/3 ot Note and actually talk on it. I burst with laughter at such a nice picture. :)
40. Johnny_Mnemonic (Posts: 240; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
With all that said there's no doubt your a ish**p
43. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
not everyone wears emo clothes and is so effeminate that they need small phones.
Only iSheaap use the "biggest selling" misnomer, because it doesnt mean anything. Market share is where its at.
Ive been using 4 inches, and its been fine, but i feel the need to grow to something bigger. 4.8 might be stretching it, but imma give it a try. :)
45. anthonykitbuchanan (Posts: 6; Member since: 11 May 2012)
I feel very sorry for my friend with iPhones because they are always straining their eyes to see the screen.
They are following the crowd and hating it. They are trapped in Steve Jobs mind thinking the size is perfect when Jobs just wanted to trick them into buying 2 devices.
16. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
This is a smartphone, not a tablet, 3.8" is enough for smartphones.
41. anthonykitbuchanan (Posts: 6; Member since: 11 May 2012)
Hey that's what Steve Jobs said.
Steve Jobs said, "3.5" is perfect for a phone. If you want something larger than buy my tablet ipad".
The fact is iphone at 3.5" is loosing market share. People want much larger. Samsung Galaxy Note seems large right now however I guarantee you it will be the norm by mid 2013.
If the Note had a better speaker phone it would be in my pocket right now. Instead I use a Dell Venue Pro.
2. maverick786us (Posts: 150; Member since: 20 Apr 2012)
Yes 3.8 inch is too small for touch screen devices. It should have atleast 4.5 inch screen with HD resolution (1280 X 720) and Windows 8 Apollo
38. strikercho (banned) (Posts: 156; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)
3.8" is too small for touch screen devices?!? Okay ''professor''.
48. ELGRECO (Posts: 4; Member since: 23 Mar 2012)
Agree, what's the big deal here? The Lumia 800 is much sexier.
5. Hemlocke (unregistered)
The Meizu MX called, and it does not want it's stolen design associated with crap vaporware.
42. Lucas777 (Posts: 2137; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
ironic how you say its stealing meizu's design…
and wp7 is in no way vaporware… it is alive and evolving
6. rd_nest (Posts: 1593; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
Boring, just same as any other rectangular slab. What is so sexy here that other phones don't have?
too much wasted space in the bezel. Looks more like 4.3 inch phone.
8. a1000smiles4u (Posts: 84; Member since: 24 Apr 2012)
Gimme window 8 in it I can wait for another 2 months
9. Roomaku (Posts: 278; Member since: 06 Feb 2012)
I feel like 4.3" is the max for me, any screen above that size just pushes the boundaries of what I think of as a phone.
10. tigermcm (Posts: 855; Member since: 02 Sep 2009)
I like when a person makes a comment about same rectangle slab........what do you want a circular phone?
11. kainy (Posts: 165; Member since: 10 Aug 2011)
Am I the only one that thinks the Lumia 800/900 are far better looking than this? Personally I don't like it. Nokia can do better ;) And it's not too sexy... damn.
13. Roomaku (Posts: 278; Member since: 06 Feb 2012)
Come on they look better because they are real, and this is a kind of bad concept image. The real product if it actually comes out will probably look better or just as "sexy" as the other Lumia, except the 710 because that is the obvious ugly duckling of the bunch!
12. LordOfTroll (banned) (Posts: 54; Member since: 08 May 2012)
This will be the next Galaxy S4 phone, good job samsung.. copycaT
Galaxy S = iPhone 3GS
Galaxy S2 = iPhone 4
Galaxy S3 = HTC
Galaxy S4 =?? NOKIA
14. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
I would personally prefer Metro UI on a 4.3 screen. 3.8inch is small. The design does not look bad, but a bigger screen would be most welcome.
15. Veigald (Posts: 290; Member since: 13 Jan 2012)
What's so incredibly sexy about this design? Imo both the 800 and 900 are way nicer. This one looks much more like any Samsung or other bland droids with its rounded corners.
18. Mobile-X-Pert (Posts: 565; Member since: 20 Dec 2010)
Please give me Snapdragon S4, 1GB of ram, ''4'' or ''4.3'' HD ClearBlack AMLOED display, 12 megapixel camera with Carl Zeiss and Windows 8. That would be my perfect phone.
19. maverick786us (Posts: 150; Member since: 20 Apr 2012)
Its a long wait game. Come on nokia, when will we hear the announcement of next Generation top end Lumia SuperPhone having....
1) 4.65 in Super AMOLED+ screen havnig gorilla glass 2
2) 1024 X 720 Pixels
3) Dual / Quad Core processor
4) PureView Camer technology with 1080P or above recording
5) Above all else Windows 8 Apollo.