Nokia Lumia 830 render shows "Nokia by Microsoft" branding
0. phoneArena 05 Jul 2014, 20:57 posted on
Now that Microsoft has purchased Nokia Devices and Services, there has been some questions about how the suits in Redmond would market the Nokia Lumia line. Late last month, we passed along to you the rumor that Microsoft would brand its new Windows Phone models as "Nokia by Microsoft." On Saturday, a render of the unannounced Nokia Lumia 830 came out of Italy, showing the aforementioned "Nokia by Microsoft" labeling of the device...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 1641; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
I wOuld hope not. Tho it is better than having operator logos stuck to it, IMO.
2. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
The back rear looks slick and streamlined.
24. adwienc (Posts: 136; Member since: 26 Mar 2014)
But that camera looks awful, It looked nice on 1020 but here - not. Overall looks very good, I loved 925 design and it seems to be sequel to it.
26. o7o (Posts: 97; Member since: 26 Jun 2009)
I kinda like the camera look here more than 1020, of course on 1020 it was good, but the hump is not my cup of tea. Here it has similar looks, but it's not stuck out of the rear which make it look rather good.
31. akki20892 (Posts: 3795; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
I prefer N9 camera design(and many Lumia has).
Looks different and unique with that plate.
29. akki20892 (Posts: 3795; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Inspired design from 925 & 930......
Slik, smooth, gorgeous, attractive, marvelous, solid one piece.
3. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
This is OK... No big deal... Actually has a nice touch to it.. As if it's more prestigious, or something... Bring on the 1530 by MS... I don't care WTF they call it,, just give me a 6.5" Lumia running WP8.1, and I'm all set!
6. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
I really like the camera of the 1020, but I love the size of the 1520....
I seriously hope they make two versions of the "1030"... Medium, and large...
23. tech2 (Posts: 3006; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
However, the video recording of 1020 are a bit too disappointing :/
32. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Yes!.. On both the 1020, and the 1520, video capture isn't spectacular... Now, we did get an update to the camera for our 1520's, and video quality has improved drastically... But, the fact that it could improve so much means that it was terrible.. And, on my 1520 Video capture was horrible.. It's ok now, but nothing to gawk at...
Audio capture is the absolute best on WP high end devices though...
5. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Love the design and metal clad finish
7. joey_sfb (Posts: 4347; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Wait for Windows 9 that rumor to release end of this year;
36. snowgator (Posts: 3386; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
That is only the computer/ pro tablet Windows 9. Windows Phone 9 will be March/April of next year.
9. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Alternatively if Samsung put something like Galaxy by Samsung on the back everyone would flip out.
12. -box- (Posts: 3973; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Different thing entirely. Samsung makes the Galaxy, Microsoft doesn't/didn't directly make Lumia, and it's established as Nokia Lumia. It'd be similar to if Lenovo had done something like "IBM ThinkPad by Lenovo".
14. joey_sfb (Posts: 4347; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Now just Lenovo Thinkpad. Show how much common sense MS has.
17. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3682; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
True that. I'd have liked a GALAXY logo instead of Samsung's.
25. hurrycanger (Posts: 1502; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
now that you mentioned it.... heck yeah, I would prefer GALAXY instead of Samsung.
But Samsung wants to advertise their brand though. Slapping "Samsung" on it would make some people want Samsung laptops, TV's, freeza, or whatever Samsung makes.
10. Penny (Posts: 1441; Member since: 04 Feb 2011)
I would prefer just Nokia, or just Microsoft -- preferably the former. Nokia still has brand value among smartphone buyers and especially in emerging markets. Plus, it would be easier to sell off your hardware division of "Nokia" in the future if you keep it operating independently. If you want maximum profit Microsoft, it would probably be best to maximize the revenue potential of each Microsoft and Nokia as separate entities. This is unless you have a major plan to make your mobile hardware division competitive with the likes of Samsung and Apple, in which case adding that value to the Microsoft brand might be preferable.
11. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
You're thinking to hard, man... Lol! Just let it be..
15. Penny (Posts: 1441; Member since: 04 Feb 2011)
Lol I'm okay with it; I'm pretty easygoing either way. I just couldn't help but think of the implications of this as a business decision for Microsoft.
33. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
That's understandable... IMO, and in reality, the only problem WP has is poor marketing.. Nothing else.
37. snowgator (Posts: 3386; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
If MS is able to use the Nokia name, I agree with you Penny. Just go Nokia, and add the WP symbol on it. This is long winded.
But considering I was expecting all the new devices to be called Lumia by Microsoft, this is 100% better.
16. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3682; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Its barely visible... If someone complains about this, they should better see the Doctor.
20. gehrig (Posts: 234; Member since: 17 Apr 2014)
You do realize that this a photoshopped 925 right? Right?
21. xoxoGeorges (Posts: 209; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
A ton of Androids have Google branding. Nothing of a big importance to be honest.
22. Antonyjoseph (Posts: 216; Member since: 06 Apr 2013)
I am more interested in how they have branded the front of the device. I hope its just 'Nokia'
28. billgates (banned) (Posts: 555; Member since: 29 May 2014)
I think this is Microsoft trying to associate their name with Nokia and then it will just be Microsoft. I would prefer they.pay as much as needed to use the Nokia name personally
34. minh831998 (Posts: 6; Member since: 06 Jul 2014)
From this angle, it actually looks a little bit like the 925, a possible 935???
35. DogeShibe (Posts: 1106; Member since: 10 Jan 2014)
I think this is the 1520v (aka L1520 mini) they were talking about.But i want a 720 successor.I get phone off-contract (no carrier trash here) so i won't spend much.