Nokia Lumia 830 leaks from China
With very little to go by other than the photographs, we will be keeping our ear to the ground, hoping to find out some more information on the Windows Phone 8 device. Hopefully we will soon find out specs, pricing and availability. Will the Nokia Lumia 830 find a home in the states? Stay tuned. As soon as we know, you'll know.
source: Dopsy (translated), WPDang (translated) via WPCentral
Pictures of the Nokia Lumia 830
1. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
I feel that's a prototype/pre-production device.
2. eisenbricher (Posts: 971; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
I think the photos are legit. Doesn't seem like a prototype to me..
Anyways prototype or not, a simply beautiful looking device!
7. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
3. dickwyn (Posts: 585; Member since: 07 May 2012)
somehow the design reminds me of the HTC 8X
10. asseek (Posts: 164; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
i think u meant to say that the HTC 8X reminds u of Lumia series
4. shadez10 (Posts: 398; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
Wow!.. The green one looks so nice... I really like the design on this one...
5. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2999; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
...and it's raining Lumias!!
Didn't know there would be a '30' doing the rounds. But looks great...
Dual-core Snapdragon S4 pro, 1GB RAM...wireless charging enabled... These features could be some happy factors for the phone. Cause i know the hardware won't be going less than what i mentioned.
6. sats.mine2k4 (banned) (Posts: 208; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
dude S4 pro is quad-core...you windows fans sure know ur stuff...
8. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2999; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Aww sweety, you just won yourself a thumb down!
I stand corrected, S4 pro can either be a dual-core or a quad-core krait!!!
Yes, i'm a Windows fan as well as an Android fan...and i know what i'm talking about.
14. sats.mine2k4 (banned) (Posts: 208; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
So you were HOPING for a dual core version instead of the quad core...oh gosh sorry people atleast HOPE rich...
FYI IDC abt ur thumbs...
15. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2999; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Haha...man you're funny!
Now that your statement is false you tend to jump into a subject not necessary.
FYI, Windows don't need quad-core processor because it is not as demanding as the latest Android OS. And i know you're an Android fan...stick to the topic!!
I don't need to dream of a quad core Windows phone...it ain't necessary.
24. eisenbricher (Posts: 971; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
Dude windows doesn't need quad core yet. Maybe it will with WP9, but not now. Even at 720p screen and MSM8960 it perfectly maintains 60FPS without a small hiccup, as tested by many reviewers.
Just tell me a small question. Do you bring a huge crane to lift a small log? Same applies here.
25. asseek (Posts: 164; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
there are two types of S4 Pro chips, one which is dual core, and the other is quad-core, all handsets belong to the WP8 ecosystem have the dual-core S4 Pro not the Quad-core one
so dude read before commenting...
11. Bardi (Posts: 12; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
Yeah..and it'll be released ages after its launch. A good marketing strategy again Nokia.
12. Marcus_h (Posts: 41; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Hopefully less of a lump than the new Lumias
13. SportDriver (Posts: 29; Member since: 07 Nov 2012)
If it is worser than Lumia 820 i do not belive that is right name. Could be a sucsessor of Lumia 710.Becuse if you think all new Lumia names are name of last year model +20(800-820; 900-920; 710-730 ? ).So this could be a Lumia 730 but that is yust my thinking nothing more ;).
16. mrllano (Posts: 87; Member since: 20 Aug 2012)
Bulky phones are Nokia's trademark today? But all of them are pretty though
18. Just_a_boy (Posts: 183; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
I think that there's a reason for that, because there's more distortion area in case of the phone fall on the ground, so the impact goes to the body first then to the screen and reduces the possibility of cracks. GS3 for example is too thin and a little fall cracks the screen
17. Just_a_boy (Posts: 183; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
at least a green Lumia. But i don't think that phone will be less capable, a version of 820 for sprint perhaps?
19. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
Why it looks like an Xperia s from some angles ?
20. shadez10 (Posts: 398; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
Really?.. From the looks of it xperia S borrowed some design on the lumia line...
21. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
Okay I don't give a s**t who copied who
But I think from some angles this phone looks like Xperia s
23. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
most of the leaks that is related to nokia (and apple) tha tcame from china turns out to be true!---iphone, ipad mini, lumia 510, 920T..
so im pretty sure this will be true! :)
26. 7thspaceman (Posts: 1054; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
hmm what Nokia needs to do and do it quickly is make a second high end smart phone. this smart phone would have an high def 4.3 inch gorilla glass touch screen
and have all the Electronics and software the Nokia 920 has but would not have a pure
vue camera. it would look like the smart phone above in design. and be sold on Verizon.because the 822 is a good entry level Nokia smart phone but to compete with the big boys it needs to have a high def screen. why Nokia wont have a second high def screen smart phone is a mystery to me. at 450 dollars off contract still makes the Nokia 920 a steal though. but Nokia needs a 4.3 inch high end smart phone for people who do not want a smart Phone that is physically is as big as the Nokia 920 is. the 4.3 is high def screen is I believe the sweet spot size for a high def smart phone because it is not too big and not too small
27. 7thspaceman (Posts: 1054; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
I bet this smart phone is a 4 inch model. but if it does not have a high def gorilla glass
screen then that is bad move for Nokia be cause like I said Nokia needs a second high end smart smart phone that has a smaller gorilla glass screen that is 4 to 4.3 inches diagonally, and all l the electronics and specs of the Nokia lumia 900 but has no pure vue camera but if it could have one it would be the perfect second in line smart phone to the Nokia 920. the women would be all over this smart phone if it came in Pink. and Nokia you really need to add the colors NAVY BLUE and dark Maroon red and shinny silver grey to your american colar line up