Nokia Lumia 820 and 920 wireless charging accessories pricing revealed
0. phoneArena 12 Oct 2012, 03:28 posted on
The Nokia Lumia 920 and 820 are probably the best Windows Phone 8 handsets we’ve seen so far. Not just because of the operating system…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. phil2n (Posts: 476; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
for $32 of charging shell is worthy
compare to $24,95 cover for the most innovative purple camera
19. BillyG (Posts: 305; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
are you stupid? then you have to buy either charging plate/pillow/stand too.
2. kanagadeepan (Posts: 722; Member since: 24 Jan 2012)
FAT BOY... Ha ha... Good name for the one sleeping on the big pillow...
3. sheik (Posts: 249; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
128$ for a gimmick charger? I will save up few more bucks and buy nexus 7. lol
5. eisenbricher (Posts: 972; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
Why not! I wish you luck using nexus 7 for wireless charging the lumia.
Man, why do you need to compare the most premium charger with a very affordable tablet?
It's like you'd prefer to rather buy a pile of cotton instead of a little gold ring because it seemed expensive :/
I'll be happy with that beautiful circular white wired charger the 920!
7. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3024; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
It's an option so if you don't like it or think it's over priced, you can stick with the travel charger...
But price will fall eventually, though i think the charging shell should be supplied with the phone.
18. -box- (Posts: 3878; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Wireless charging is built-in for the 920, it's an add-on via case/shell for the 820/810. For the differences in price it probably makes the 920 a better value then if the user intends to use wireless charging.
At least it is an add-on option, not a requirement like a lightning adapter for the new iDevices.
13. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Yes android users are more wise with their money as always :)
21. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
well no, what's with this superiority complex you seem to have
''android users'' are just people stop thinking your a select group
8. LumiaLover (Posts: 160; Member since: 27 Sep 2012)
I think I will stick with the wired charging until the price of these come down....unless of course there are any network bundled deals. I really wanted the 920, but Nokia seem to be doing everything in their power to deter me from buying it.
Oi Nokia Noooooooo...I'm not going to switch to EE and I'm not going to pay an extra £55 to take longer to charge my phone.
12. StanleyAmsterdam (Posts: 4; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
"..but Nokia seem to be doing everything in their power to deter me from buying int.." I couldnt agree more lumialover!
9. tigermcm (Posts: 752; Member since: 02 Sep 2009)
does anyone else feel the charging shell should come in a package rather than buying it separate from the pillow?
10. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1162; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
"buy the fatboy charging pillow, and get the charging shell for free!!! (or discounted)"
is this what ur saying?
17. -box- (Posts: 3878; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Maybe, but for those Lumia 920 buyers who don't need the shell, that would be an unnecessary expense, only useful for the 820/810 buyers
22. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1162; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
then lets do the opposite... "if u buy the 820 charging shell, we'll throw away a free fatboy!!! *limited offer!"
11. StanleyAmsterdam (Posts: 4; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
My God!! This expensive!!! i really love the phone, but this is ridiculous! I thought that Apple was over the top with their pricing....
14. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Elop is experimenting with the idea of how to earn more through accessories :)
24. Stoli89 (Posts: 333; Member since: 28 Jun 2010)
There's one big difference. The Nokia wireless charging is based on Qi open standards. Therefore, no expensive licensing costs for third party accessory channels...unlike Apple.
I suspect the third party accessories will drive these prices down. Nokia is simply testing prices at a higher level...it's easier to adjust down. It's nearly impossible to adjust up.
16. -box- (Posts: 3878; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Considering that the electronics' price numbers tend to be similar in the US as the UK (i.e. $650 iphone versus £650, Lumia 900 $500 versus £500, specutively, not certain those are the exact figures) it's entirely possible, if not probable, these prices will come down some for the US, especially with Elop's focus on the US. Just put a $ where it says £ in the article and it would be my personal guess those are relatively accurate.
At least I hope so.
20. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3024; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Yes, i'm talking about the 820 in case you think i didn't notice.
There are, atleast, offers that Nokia can make...it might actually boost sales. There has been offers from Nokia past years...and it helped them somehow.
23. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1162; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
WHATS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE CHARGING PLATE AND FATBOY?.
i think the fatboy is just similar to the plate.. but with a soft pillow cover... but still same functionality. if you're wise, go for the charging plate instead.
or the charging stand with nfc built-in.