Nokia Lumia 820, 920 leak out: PureView coming to Windows Phone
0. phoneArena posted on 31 Aug 2012, 06:10
The new Nokia Lumias have leaked out and they bring great news for Windows Phone fans - Nokia is bringing its PureView imaging technology to Windows Phone 8…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
16. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 31 Aug 2012, 06:42 9
Same old design and very uninspiring, but PureView may save Nokia.
18. dr_fajardo12 posted on 31 Aug 2012, 06:47 9
nokia just selled 300 000 lumia phones in america, they need to keep the awesome design until sell 1 million there now that is their last chance, the design plus wp 8, plus pureview most be right for that
43. Hafiz posted on 31 Aug 2012, 08:16 27
old design ?
The lumia 900 is the best looking device ever!! They are making it better and u r saying you don't like it ?? =P
you are just a blind fanboy
44. -box- posted on 31 Aug 2012, 08:26 13
Took the words out of my mouth, er, fingers.
50. snowgator posted on 31 Aug 2012, 09:43 3
Laughed at that, -box-. May steal that line down the road and give you no credit what-so-ever. Just giving you a heads up!!
83. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 31 Aug 2012, 19:59 0
Like or not like something, that's only personal opinion. But the fact is not many bought L900 despite a huge ads. campaign.
I don't like Apple but I must say only iPhone 4S has old design but Nokia has recycled N9 design again and again. I wish Nokia best of luck because they will need it.
I think you are a blind fanboy, not me LOL.
56. haseebzahid posted on 31 Aug 2012, 10:11 0
well u can see the thumbdown for u and the coolness of this design
57. haseebzahid posted on 31 Aug 2012, 10:13 2
i had my boss who is genuine Apple fan but when i first showed him my lumia800 he seriously made his mind to get this one along with 4S although he didnt because of wp7 limitations if he can love the desing it must be awsome
69. lubba posted on 31 Aug 2012, 13:12 0
IPhone has samo lamo design for how many years and still sell like hotcakes for some odd reason. Oh wait, its because it's an "iPhone".
87. tananurajkumar posted on 01 Sep 2012, 01:03 0
Same Design ???
Looks like you've never seen samsung Galaxy phones...
They all look the same no matter what
17. pokharkarsaga posted on 31 Aug 2012, 06:46 34
Sorry Samsung ATIV S,i will go for Nokia when it comes to WP.
38. redmd posted on 31 Aug 2012, 07:44 6
I like the lively colours of Nokia but prefers the 4.8in screen of the ATIV S. But who knows, Nokia might surprise us next month.
92. pikapowerize (banned) posted on 01 Sep 2012, 02:01 0
for me, even i got hands of a giant, i still prefer texting on a 3.5 to 4.3 screen coz its standard and i dont have problem with it!!!
its just weird texting and calling on a huge 4.8 like the s3!!! even i got huge hands!!!
publicly or privately..people might think that you're crazy that you're making calls on your mini tablet.. i hate calling using earphones...
91. pikapowerize (banned) posted on 01 Sep 2012, 01:55 0
well consumers mind in mobile world are limited so when they think of android, its samsung... even there's a lot of other manufacturers out there!
and now when they think about windows phone, its nokia lumia!!! in my place, WP isnt known... and nokia made it well known..so the WP glory will definitely go to nokia...
i dont know if the glory of android will still go to samsung...
29. Droid_X_Doug posted on 31 Aug 2012, 07:24 3
Fortunately Sept. 5th is only 6 days away. I wonder which new phone I am going to be getting this time around? RAZR HD? Lumia 920? Or, something else? Lots of interesting new toys are coming to market. It is unfortunate for RIM that they won't be participating in this year's Xmas sales.
34. rf1975 posted on 31 Aug 2012, 07:39 3
Yeh, unique design. PureView - future of mobile imaging. Come on Nokia show your potential & innovation.
74. Non_Sequitur posted on 31 Aug 2012, 14:16 6
Yessssss! I'm a major Android fan, but this is AWESOME.
I can't WAIT to see this in stores!!
85. Nookie4u posted on 31 Aug 2012, 21:34 0
Yeah people! I'm saving money right now to buy one of em! PureView makes things crystal clear.
98. swagat73 posted on 01 Sep 2012, 12:21 0
2. Mozarrt posted on 31 Aug 2012, 06:16 7
Designwise the Samsung Ativ S excites me much more, perhaps I'm growing tired of my Lumia, but nice that PureBiew is coming to the platform.
12. dr_fajardo12 posted on 31 Aug 2012, 06:32 2
if the 920 has pureview most be like 16mp or less cuz the lens are too small (what we can see), hope will be the second best camera phone out there
46. -box- posted on 31 Aug 2012, 08:55 3
Lens =/= megapixel count. That is determined by the sensor size. Optics (lenses, filters, etc) allow for other input and various results depending on what is used.
26. No_Nonsense posted on 31 Aug 2012, 07:07 1
Yeah, since that's probably the best design Samsung has done in the last couple of years or so.
3. No_Nonsense posted on 31 Aug 2012, 06:17 4
My new phone but then I feel these are fan renders based on previous leaks.
97. ehas423 posted on 01 Sep 2012, 10:47 0
wait till you see these... nokia arrow does look quite GOOD!http://wmpoweruser.com/no-more-renders-real-pictures-of-the-nokia-arrow-leak-looks-pretty-good/
4. andro. posted on 31 Aug 2012, 06:17 5
Some awfully large black bezel going on below the screen there on the handsets. If the screen is in fact 4.5 then with that bezel the device will be the size of a 5 inch screen.
8. bobfreking55 posted on 31 Aug 2012, 06:24 5
they should have went with all-touch, using gestures and swipes from Windows 8 and Meego. Windows' buttons take too much space. :(
11. No_Nonsense posted on 31 Aug 2012, 06:30 1
For what, Jolla suing them? Nokia should actually stay as it is
13. bobfreking55 posted on 31 Aug 2012, 06:35 0
windows 8 has it too.
58. No_Nonsense posted on 31 Aug 2012, 10:15 0
62. jackhammeR posted on 31 Aug 2012, 10:50 0
jolla can't do a squat. it belongs to Nokia anyway
51. snowgator posted on 31 Aug 2012, 09:48 0
That is true, Andro. While most would say the 900 was a better device than HTC's Titan and T2, the phones were nearly the same size and weight. The Titan's made much better use of the space for actual screen and there was a ton of wasted acreage in the 900.
68. Pancholo posted on 31 Aug 2012, 12:49 1
I agree. From afar it looked beautiful. Clicked the link and saw the humongous bottom bezel. When will companies learn that "Sausage Fingers" is not the dominant, potential group of buyers? :(
5. FoneAddict posted on 31 Aug 2012, 06:18 3
Great that Nokia are releasing PureView now but I still feel Windows Phone is the weak link in this relationship. Now had Nokia introduced this camera technology on Android I'm pretty confident Nokia sales would be flying! Unfortunately I'm not sure this is enough to save Nokia.
7. andro. posted on 31 Aug 2012, 06:23 3
Agreed,I've seen the Nokia 610 drop to 120 bucks no contract and still see staff really really strugling to sell even one despite the low level market price. Windows and live tiles are the major turn off. If Nokia went android with pure view they could have androids best seller
31. redmd posted on 31 Aug 2012, 07:33 3
I completely agree with you. The live tiles itself is the major turn off. Is it an acquired taste? We'll just see from the consumer response when these devices hit shelves.
36. remixfa posted on 31 Aug 2012, 07:41 2
I like them. If you do it right, they look nice. Otherwise it can start to look a little cluttered. Its like Moto Blur used to be.. you had to turn half of it off to be able to make sense of it, lol
Once they allow us to customize the tiles individually I think it will be a lot better.
9. Mobile-X-Pert posted on 31 Aug 2012, 06:28 5
I don't really think the Lumia 920 is real, cause that large black bezel took too much space.
10. Samsomesh posted on 31 Aug 2012, 06:28 5
If nokia will go with android it will rock mobile world.!
14. dr_fajardo12 posted on 31 Aug 2012, 06:37 4
just for android 4.1 but the others are sh&t, i have a galaxy s2 and recently bought a samsung focus (yes, a samsung focus) for second phone and now i want to crash my galaxy s2. how a 1ghz can run a OS at almost the same speed than a dual core krait? naaaa android sucks
25. dr_fajardo12 posted on 31 Aug 2012, 07:06 1
touche, but u get my point and cant say that is not true, even the web browser is almost faster (cant say the same about the games, r lames)
33. remixfa posted on 31 Aug 2012, 07:38 0
there is a big difference between any device running 4.0/4.1 and any device that is not. put the S2 on ICS/JB and then try to complain. Stop trolling.
32. remixfa posted on 31 Aug 2012, 07:37 0
yea, thats because you have no idea what your talking about
the american S2 does NOT use the dual core Krait S4. It uses the older Crapdragon S3 which is a junk chip. Exynos or bust.
52. snowgator posted on 31 Aug 2012, 09:56 3
That is kinda the point though, ain't it remixfa? Look, you have been very open minded to WP and I respect the dog-snot out of you for it, but most people do not buy device to root it and put different OS versions on it, and a ton of users never even upgrade when it does come from the carriers. They also do not examine what chip set is where (though I always take your word and King's word on chip performances). They want to turn a device on, set it up (or have it set up for them), and just know it will work. WP is trying to be the best in that regard. dr_fajardo12's experience shows there is potential for WP 8 if they can get people to give it a try.
79. remixfa posted on 31 Aug 2012, 16:32 1
well yea, sure..
but what does that have to do with him claiming his SGS2 has a S4 Krait in it? lol
And why not? I have an HD7 that I let my daughter use for her self, and its rooted with custom roms n stuff on it. :)
Your missing out on a lot if you dont do that kind of stuff!
96. dr_fajardo12 posted on 01 Sep 2012, 05:57 0
i was wrong remixfa, does not haver a s4 krait, but it has a dual core - 1ghz RAM, so should be way faster than a single core - 512 RAM right?
19. tigermcm posted on 31 Aug 2012, 06:47 2
honestly I want that red one but if samsung ativ line comes with a red phone then off to samsung I go
20. Tips_y posted on 31 Aug 2012, 06:52 4
Love the new colors! Hope the colors and PureView 21MP camera are real! Dislike the hump of the 808 so 21MP is fine by me! I'm a great fan of WIndows Phone so I'm excited over the Nokia, SS, and HTC leakages of WP8 devices!
22. Nathan_ingx posted on 31 Aug 2012, 07:00 6
Man!!! Nokia...i don't know the exact specs but this is great!! Love the colors!!
24. Glim12808 posted on 31 Aug 2012, 07:05 1
Just a few more days and we'll know exactly what Nokia is putting out! Can't wait!
28. xtroid2k posted on 31 Aug 2012, 07:21 1
I just hope the sound is much better as I do prefer to listen to music on a Samsung device as opposed to a Nokia otherwise a diamond in the Roth.
35. remixfa posted on 31 Aug 2012, 07:40 0
ooh.. I see what you did there!! :) :) :)
Diamond Dave will always be the best Van Halen singer. :)
Samsungs normally sound better because they use really high end sound chips. The SGS1 and SGS3 both used the best in existence. The SGS2 changed it up a bit... so it wasnt quite as good.. which is why they went back.