Nokia Lumia 800 takes top sales spot in France, Samsung Wave #2
0. phoneArena 03 Nov 2011, 21:31 posted on
France apparently doesn't like the idea that Android and iOS are the big sellers in the world of smartphones because a new listing of the top selling phones have the WP7 Nokia Lumia 800 at #1 and the bada Samsung Wave 575 at #2...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1047; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
Nah, he probably got sick of all the hate he got here. Almost miss that swedish bloke. Almost!
5. clevername (Posts: 1428; Member since: 11 Jul 2008)
I feel the same lol. I was hoping to see him here.
9. snowgator (Posts: 3233; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
It has been a month, maybe more since Peter left and we still talk about him. Hope he still cruises this site every once in a while just to know he really made an impact.
Buy, boy this would actually eat at him a little. He HATES Windows Phones, and was sure Nokia would just roll over and die using it. That a Nokia WP branded phone topped a Bada would just kill him.
I love it. Good early press for Nokia continues!!
4. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2677; Member since: 26 May 2011)
I probably shouldn't have used that phrasing. He's not dead, he just doesn't come to PhoneArena any more because we don't cover enough bada news. So, he's likely off on some bada site somewhere. Not sure where that would be, because most bada news sites aren't in English.
7. Lucas777 (Posts: 2137; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
haha well im sure he speaks swedish… and this is great for wp!!!
8. clevername (Posts: 1428; Member since: 11 Jul 2008)
Lol. Well you certainly had us speculating Michael.
3. clevername (Posts: 1428; Member since: 11 Jul 2008)
What happened to Peter? Such a cool shout out for him.
10. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3033; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
I use to love how Peter would say Bada was better than Android. Even though Samsung is heavily invested in Android and it has made Samsung number 1. Bada is pretty much just Touchwiz you see on Android anyway lol. He had a lot of passion so you gotta give him credit on that.
11. windowsRocks (Posts: 152; Member since: 28 Oct 2011)
NOKIA + Windows gonna kill ANDROID & iOS
14. UltraElectroMagneticPOP (Posts: 49; Member since: 30 Aug 2011)
Calling out Peter was really cool! Damn, that guy grew on me (and I bet on a lot of others who frequent PA as well)!
15. Penny (Posts: 1192; Member since: 04 Feb 2011)
Yeah, I have to admit, even though I'm a WP7 fan and Peter was always bagging on it, he did grow on me. In fact, I'm happy about Bada being at #2 mostly because I would love to see it grow and prove him right.
17. anirudhshirsat97 (Posts: 396; Member since: 24 May 2011)
I miss peter and the fact that he was willing to defend bada till death...
Peter please comeback...!
20. dan_md (Posts: 66; Member since: 19 Oct 2010)
The French has good taste, indeed. How can anyone resist the amazing lines and curves of the Nokia Lumia 800.
22. Cyd07 (Posts: 83; Member since: 03 Oct 2011)
You have PER-FEC-TLY said it.
well...okay, I'm french...
Seriously, I think the Lumia is really beautiful...and, you know, in France we like small players. We always take part for the weakest. I'm not joking, it's like this.
I've not done it, but I'm pretty sure I will have my Lumia 800 will be mine. When Bouygues Telecom (my carrier) will have it.
23. AhmadAlsayegh (Posts: 254; Member since: 18 Jul 2011)
to me the Lumia800 was a big disappointment...
front facing camera is gone when video chat apps started showing up!
Notification LED is really important to me...and it is gone :\
Other than the polycarbonate body and camera, I find nothing impressive about this phone...it is just as good as a Samsung focus for me, which costs 250$ on Amazon
for the first time I find WP7 standards drawing back user experience (Hardware wise), but after all the trick is to do the most with the least resources...but for the standards MS has sat, I find WP7 devices pretty much expensive (Including Nokia devices; even though they are NOT made by using cheap labor in poor countries)
After All Nokia N9>Lumia800 in looks and hardware
but WP7>MEEGO in Ecosystem in the sense of Apps market and OS support
this is just my opinion, as average users may not agree with me on that
24. SemperFiV12 (Posts: 813; Member since: 09 Nov 2010)
Guys its is me... Peter... the WP loving alter-ego.
JK about the Peter alter-ego thing, I guess I miss him too... But I do LOVE WP :)
25. BaiGanyo (Posts: 308; Member since: 07 Feb 2011)
I can't believe they threw Peter into the actual article lol. Peter! Come back! Bada needs you!