Nokia Lumia 800 takes a swim in icy waters, snaps a photo, and lives to tell the tale
0. phoneArena 09 Apr 2013, 19:40 posted on
In Oulu Finland, a Nokia Lumia 800 accidentally went for a swim after the ice cracked under a man who was holding the phone and both man and device went into the chilly blue water; the phone was under water for ten minutes during which time it managed to snap a picture under water, and while the device did turn back on, the touchscreen did not fully recover...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. jckceric (Posts: 11; Member since: 02 Apr 2013)
One time i dropped my iphone....... it broke.
2. rsxl5 (Posts: 65; Member since: 05 Sep 2012)
It's your fault.... you dropped it improperly ;P
3. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3607; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
It was the earth's fault actually, shouldn't have been too hard on the iPhone.
10. tech2 (Posts: 3349; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Wow........this is the first time ever I have watched at a posts section without any thumbs down on any comment !
Hope I've not jinxed it !
14. Rehankhan (Posts: 323; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
because these are all typical nokia trolls they go on every single article and troll about other companies you will never see hate on any wp/microsoft/nokia article
19. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3607; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
You think other trolls are better than any of us??
And by the way, troll??
22. tech2 (Posts: 3349; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
So by your first sentence you are accepting you are a troll ?
BTW, no trolls are of any good to anyone or anything. So asking a question like 'You think other trolls are better than any of us?' doesnt make you look very smart !
Also, Rehankhan had just posted a possible explanation for my remark. If you think otherwise please feel free to provide an explanation rather than trolling !
24. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3607; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Everyone at some point in this site has trolled somewhere. You don't need to think you're not...
If i replaced the term 'Nokia trolls' with 'Samsung trolls'...i know the hate i'm going to get...from you even; i know where you stand.
26. tech2 (Posts: 3349; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Wow you are so full of hatred ! You think everyone on this site is a troll ? o_O
I like Samsung that doesn't mean I dont like Nokia and if you feel I troll and very well know where I stand. I'll be happy if you can find a comment of mine which qualifies in the definition of trolling.
Whenever I make a comment I present my argument/reasoning behind my statement (which probably is incomprehensible to you as you think Nokia haters are troll).
Lastly, put some sense before posting a comment. And I am still waiting for a reason why you think Rehankhan is wrong.
28. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3607; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Bah! Pointless... Oh well, enjoy your victory. You win.
11. lumia920 (Posts: 112; Member since: 27 Nov 2012)
next time apply classical mechanics.. and find such a equation that will allow to drop your iphone and doesn't break. hehehe
5. alterecho (Posts: 1098; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
Wow, i didn't know the 800 too was built like a tank.
6. PhoenixWright (Posts: 102; Member since: 11 Feb 2013)
Wow, for a phone, the picture it took underwater was already detailed. Specially when there are no water calibrations :D
the flash was good too...
Hey Nokia, guess you want to venture in the underwater camera industry too since you already got a nano coating agreement with another company :D
I wonder what the iPhone picture would look like, and the SG4, and the Xperia Z.
7. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Don't think the Lumias are weaklings, actually they are "secretly strong"...........................
8. alpinejason (Posts: 262; Member since: 06 Sep 2011)
That's the Nokia I know.and love.and have always known they build the greatest phone known to man always have
13. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
how did that phone took the picture in water auto O_o
15. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
Wow, haven't seen a nokia comment thread without any reds for so long yet
17. xprimer (Posts: 43; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
wow! I love it. . .this is record breaking no thumbs down. . .
20. Dunknown (Posts: 84; Member since: 23 Jul 2012)
This is why Nokia is famous for its durability. In actual fact it is not just Lumia 800 nearly survive in the water but other Nokia phone too such as Nokia3250, Nokia 5800, Nokia N8. No matter how hard you try to spoil it, it wont spoil. Nokia is durable. Go Nokia!
21. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1163; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
i guess nokia trollers are hibernating, thats why its peacefull in here :D
27. DIYguy (Posts: 190; Member since: 27 Feb 2011)
PLEASE CORRECT ;)
The name of the guy is "Timo" not "Kiiminki Egyptian Timo"... :DDD
Kiiminki is the place he's from in Finland and I have no idea where you got the "Egyptian" part. The original article (http://www.iltalehti.fi/digi/2013040916881429_du.shtml) dosn't tell the surname of the guy only his first name which is Timo.