Nokia Lumia 730 (Superman) specs allegedly revealed
0. phoneArena 08 Aug 2014, 18:33 posted on
The Lumia 730 is expected to be Microsoft's first "selfie phone." Running Windows Phone 8.1, the handset reportedly features a 5-megapixel front-facing camera...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. Liveitup (Posts: 1798; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
They price this device right and promote properly it will continue to serve them well at the low midrange level. However MS sucks at promoting WP, its a great platform.
3. colinkiama (Posts: 60; Member since: 23 Nov 2013)
If I was marketing for Microsoft I would take advantage of the superman code name. You'll call this the lumia 730 aka Nokia superman, have limited edition 730s with the superman logo, superman ringtone, merchandise, even a superman game exclusive to WP and free or 730 users. So much opportunity yet Microsoft will never capitalize on it. :'(
6. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Yeah, that would appeal to everyone...
If they did that they just lost every potential customer except a few nerdy WP fans on PA, and that's not many....
To tell the truth, it really doesn't matter what they call it.. It could have the coolest name ever, but if nobody ever hears about it then it will never matter....
Remember this, my friend.. WP's underlined issue is AWARENESS.. No, not apps, or features, or hardware, or names.. That hasn't been the case since WP7.5 because any idiot knows that even the lowly WP7.5 was more than enough smartphone for the AVERAGE consumer... Yes, WP's core issue is marketing, and that's because MS literally sux at it... If MS doesn't figure out how to build awareness, and excitement around every WP device they make, and the WP platform as a whole, then WP will continue on the slow, but steady, road to increased market share... But, slow isn't going to cut it...
Lets remember this.. A good salesman can sell ANYTHING to ANYONE!... SApple has figured this out, and does a great job of taking advantage of human's insecurities, fears, and lack of education... That's how you get customers, a lot of customers.... MS must learn to make consumers think they are making a bad choice by not getting a WP device,, make them feel stupid for not having the latest WP device... I give credit to SApple because they do a great job of taking advantage of the situation... MS is just too nice, too honest, to exact... That's their problem... They need to boast, and brag.. Say they were the first, and come right out and say this device is the best at everything, and you're a fool if you buy anything else, even if it's not... This is the truth!!!!
11. colinkiama (Posts: 60; Member since: 23 Nov 2013)
I love WP but you are right, Microsoft suck at advertising.
17. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Microsoft is the Legion of Stupid.
Color: Kryptonite Green
Puzzle: one thing does not go with the other
Microsoft can't even figure this puzzle out...
24. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Do not reply to that trolling... What i said was constructive criticism.. His comment was just plain criticism, and he has no business being here..
Just ignore him, and don't reply back..
7. tadaa (Posts: 267; Member since: 18 Apr 2013)
They can't just slap superman on it. Superman has copyrights you know. Though i remember Nokia having the rights to man of steel.
On a side note, they probably will have a special edition of next year's flagship for batman v superman
8. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
But, when you look at the average consumer how many people do you think that will appeal to?.. I mean, step outside into the real world.. Go to the super market, look at each person, and ask yourself if each particular person would be interested in a Superman themed device... I'm sure you'll only find a select few if you honestly tell yourself who would, or would not like that kind of device.....
I'm not saying that it wouldn't be cool to have these niche devices, but we have to be for real when talking about increasing market share..
10. colinkiama (Posts: 60; Member since: 23 Nov 2013)
Microsoft have a lot of money in the bank. They can just buy the rights lol
13. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
We've been talking about how deep MS's pockets are, as far as WP is concerned, for years... They're deep, but not infinitely deep, and at some point WP is gonna have to start holding it's own weight...
9. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Why?.. Why not?.... What, do you hate onscreen keys?...
12. NotAGeek (Posts: 279; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
I'm not complaining about the on-screen key,it's the low-res screen
14. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
An alleged 720p isn't that bad for a midrange device, Don't you think?
22. fireblade (Posts: 716; Member since: 27 Dec 2013)
Does he say anything about onscreen keys? LoL.
He talks about 480p
21. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1163; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
sorry, but it WILL carry 480 x 854 pixels
26. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
It might have a 720p screen.. We don't know yet..
29. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1163; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
pretty much i can predict better specs than most in here.
i can see it on the leaked photo. not HD, and a LCD display.
but i do hope im wrong
5. brrunopt (Posts: 742; Member since: 15 Aug 2013)
make it around 200€ and you have a great deal..
15. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2275; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
That's great I guess,, but where are the beast WP phones at?
32. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Lumia 1520 right hear... That's THE best WP device so far... Anything better is going to have to offer as much as the 1520, and more... There's your baseline!
16. latinlegend (Posts: 35; Member since: 25 Apr 2014)
With a name like superman you'd figure the phone would be more powerfull.
36. latinlegend (Posts: 35; Member since: 25 Apr 2014)
Even if it is, it still should have been given a more appropriate name. Like captain hindsight. For those of you who dont know, its a south park reference.
37. latinlegend (Posts: 35; Member since: 25 Apr 2014)
Iphones codename should be fingerbang. Cuz that is basically what they are doing. Overcharge you for mediocre specs. Well i dont know about you but i like to be taken out to dinner before i get screwed.
38. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1163; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
iphone codename is more like, super-gang-bang-your-ass-until-you-bleed-more-iphone-moneh
19. sip1995 (Posts: 1574; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
According to GSMArena the rear camera will be 8mp with Carl Zeiss optics....
23. Symon_Fleece (Posts: 335; Member since: 30 May 2014)
Kinda good midranger. the specs are above average. 8mp with carl zeiss lens is great, but should have dual LED flash instead of single one. microSD Card is must. looks quite heavy :)
28. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
According to WPC one tester said I was very light weight.
30. 7thspaceman (Posts: 1543; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
Microsoft please do a better job of Advertising you smart phones and tablets and sell a tablet that runs full windows 8.w or Threshold AKA Windows 9 for under 500 dollars.Put you advertisements in Saturday & Sunday Newspaper , the Magazines that sell well and the radio shows people listen to most and the TV programs that the most popular. these are basic places to advertise your devices through. if no one knows your devices exist how the hell are you going to sell them? "Target the first smart phone Buyers:"
33. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Use this to tell MS that they need to do a better job with marketing...
35. saiki4116 (Posts: 379; Member since: 31 Mar 2011)
Debian..Seriously.. Sue them for trademark.. :P