Nokia Lumia 720 unveiled
0. phoneArena 25 Feb 2013, 02:10 posted on
Nokia has just unveiled the Lumia 720, another great mid-range Windows Phone 8 device, with a typical Nokia unibody design coming in different vibrant colors…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
so htc's flagship 8x is just a midrange by nokia? Cool phone though. like it.
2. wendygarett (unregistered)
But this slimmer :p
3. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4275; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Aside from the lower resolution display of the Nokia, half the RAM, and undefined 1 GHz dual core processor that is undoubtedly inferior to the 1.5 GHz S4 in the 8X, sure.
6. jlp34876 (Posts: 80; Member since: 02 Dec 2012)
Have you watch the lumia 620 sometimes beating the 920 in loading apps, etc?
10. tiara6918 (Posts: 2042; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
I don't think this phone beats the 8x(since it has an hd screen, 8mp camera with full hd video recording)but the 8s
34. Dastrix (unregistered)
I see what you did there. Nice!
4. Hemoroid (Posts: 72; Member since: 13 Feb 2013)
Clearblack = Cheap copy of Sammy Super Amoled Plus.
9. Johnnokia (Posts: 1094; Member since: 27 May 2012)
Who would copy the crappy designs of your samSuck!!.
11. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1488; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
...clearblack was there since the N9 , your argument is invalid
19. mew7946510 (Posts: 55; Member since: 10 Nov 2010)
It was even before that! I remember C6-01 had it!
22. Kriksis (Posts: 93; Member since: 27 Aug 2012)
If I am not wrong first one with clear black display was Nokia E7
15. ogy_dogy (Posts: 453; Member since: 29 Jun 2012)
No, and here is why, while amoled has deep black it oversaturates everything. on the other side clearblack gives you pure black but the ips tech gives you true to life colors. and as far as i know most oems are switching to ips...
16. BitterTruth (unregistered)
Really? Clearblack is an old techno and it also produces pure white colors too not blue tints like we have seen on Super Lame-oled plus screen.
26. lolol (Posts: 64; Member since: 14 Nov 2012)
Oh yes, ive seen that tint on every single samsung phone that has an amoled display.. My Lumia 800 has a perfect screen and no tint :D Plus the blacks are truly black, it makes phone look even more awesome...
25. lolol (Posts: 64; Member since: 14 Nov 2012)
lol hemorid, Samsung is the onw who stole AMOLED from Nokia, dont talk if you dont know,
29. applesauce (banned) (Posts: 165; Member since: 26 Aug 2012)
Nokia developed ClearBlack, and even has Samsung manufacture some of its ClearBlack AMOLED displays (I believe my Lumia 900's screen was made by Samsung). Perhaps this is what Nokia was referring to when they said Samsung may be stealing ideas from the production lines?
35. shadez10 (Posts: 427; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
You just made yourself look like an idiot...
Clearblack is not a screen... Its a screen filter... Dumb...
7. Adithya7184 (Posts: 317; Member since: 05 Mar 2011)
in my notification panel on this site says "Samsung has a new phone-Nokia Lumia 720" lolzz :-p
8. tigermcm (Posts: 855; Member since: 02 Sep 2009)
if I can use on Verizon as a backup phone I'll take it!! actually I'll even take the 520
31. applesauce (banned) (Posts: 165; Member since: 26 Aug 2012)
Unlikely, unless Verizon were to adopt GSM tech (unlikely, as they're going to be shutting down their CDMA networks over the coming years and getting everyone on LTE for data and voice). Good reason to switch to AT&T or T-Mobile
33. tigermcm (Posts: 855; Member since: 02 Sep 2009)
Darn!! thanks though first time I ever thought of having a backup phone so didnt know what to look for
13. ogy_dogy (Posts: 453; Member since: 29 Jun 2012)
It might be just me coming from a cyan/black l710 but the cyan/black 720 is lookiinggg gooooodddd :D
18. MartianMe (unregistered)
Wow these phones are very sexy looking :)