Nokia Lumia 720 and Lumia 520 release date set for April 1 (not a joke)
0. phoneArena 27 Feb 2013, 09:51 posted on
The new Nokia Lumia 720 and Lumia 520 are two very well priced devices allowing Windows Phone to finally start spreading its reach with more affordable devices…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Emily1985 (Posts: 127; Member since: 08 Nov 2012)
Lumia 720 vs HTC One Low Light shootut , MWC13
Could be that Nokia 720 affordable devices won?
5. Hemoroid (Posts: 72; Member since: 13 Feb 2013)
With nokiagoogles on, even the nokia 3310 has a better camera than htc one.
You are dreaming fanboy, please wake up.
9. raunak (Posts: 507; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
will you shut the f**k up? first that senseless comment about hp buying nokia and now this.
no one can surely say which phone has better camera based solely on that video but the mere fact that an entry level lumia has a camera that is comparable to htc's flagship means htc has failed big time. HTC One has a price tag of 600 euros vs 250 of 720. And they were bashing 808...
14. Hemoroid (Posts: 72; Member since: 13 Feb 2013)
Buying this is like buying a car only because you thought the cdplayer was good.
16. raunak (Posts: 507; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
considering the fact that 720 is a mid range phone, i'd say it's good in pretty much every aspect (i'll still wait for review if i plan on buying this).
Besides, camera for a phone is far more important (actually most used feature) than a cd playet is for a car.
2. MONUQ (Posts: 31; Member since: 26 Jan 2013)
Nice to see the price....hope they soon lauch it in another parts of world.....
With almost in same range of price like in UK.....
It will be massive......
upgrading from 710 to 720 really exited......
3. raunak (Posts: 507; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
off-contract price of
250 euro (around $325) off contract? :D
7. Hemoroid (Posts: 72; Member since: 13 Feb 2013)
Recommend you buying a sammy Gs3 instead. Sammy has the best phones.
41. Alex123 (Posts: 241; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
Best phone in what way? Can you explain me?
Most of Samsung devices are looked the same. If Nokia switch to Android then i think you will quickly get Nokia Phone and give up your crap Samsung.
4. Hemoroid (Posts: 72; Member since: 13 Feb 2013)
Please HP buy nokia, can't stand this crap anymore.
10. Hemoroid (Posts: 72; Member since: 13 Feb 2013)
When Nokia say SIT, the nokiafanboys sit. When nokia showing 5 year old technology and saying its the latest, the nokiafanboys say WOW!
12. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3401; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
You're the one who said "...can't stand..." not me.
13. raunak (Posts: 507; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
is it a hobby of yours to draw conclusion without proof/logic? I bet you're religious. How exactly is f/1.9, which is a first for any phone (let alone an affordable one), a 5 year old technology?
15. Hemoroid (Posts: 72; Member since: 13 Feb 2013)
Maybe you should buy a camera instead. This is phone.
17. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
Maybe you should get a life instead, or a job or a girlfriend or whatever before talking crap. None of it is five year old technology, none made by Sammy. So in the best way that suits you "learn before blabbering rubbish, this forum can't stand fanboys like you".
20. Hemoroid (Posts: 72; Member since: 13 Feb 2013)
I wish I had a life like you. Polish my Nokia all the day long. Must be fun.
34. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
Says the Samsung shill. If you have nothing good to debate on and just want to do nothing other than starting just flame wars, just STFU. No one will miss you. The forum is a pretty good place without guys like you, TROLL, darac who want to thrust their opinion on everyone.
36. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1163; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
let them be. they feed on our likes for nokia. their race is declining
38. Hemoroid (Posts: 72; Member since: 13 Feb 2013)
Shhhh! Praising the Nokiagod right now! Planning to convert to your religion.
19. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
maybe u should shutup and stay at ur crapdroid stuff which we are not talking about here
26. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
go away on android articles you are lost here Shuu
39. Kal-el (Posts: 92; Member since: 14 Dec 2012)
i love samsung i own note 2...and i think nokia should've updated to android but stating that nokia's TECH is old is incorrect their Operating system is apparently new "windows" but has miles to go agreed. As for the camera the advances nokia has made...are Untouchable. If u have no idea of how a camera functions and it's important of sensor size and aperture and optical zoom your argument should be for the OS since everything else would be invalid. Cameras to a user is soo important since 80% of personal usage By a user is to take a photo according 2 forbes survey AND LOGIC no one wants 2 products to carry when they can have in one...
31. TheCynicalTechie (Posts: 78; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
The Lenovo Ideaphone K900 has f/1.8.
40. jsdechavez (Posts: 712; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
Whoever started this HP buying Nokia nonsense wants to kill Nokia.. he wasn't joking.
6. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3401; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
I'm really excited that i got more and more options and that without any lack in features from the past Lumias!
42. Alex123 (Posts: 241; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
yes, I will not hesitate to choose Lumia 720. How much different between HTC one and Lumia 720? HTC was so proud of its Ultra pixel but I think it is just like a normal camera and should not be compared to Lumia 920, Lumia 720 and king of Camera Smartphone Nokia 808 pureview.
18. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
hmm the date is little spooky fooling arond alread perhaps
33. Hemoroid (Posts: 72; Member since: 13 Feb 2013)
I find it very convenient. Nokia and these phones = a big joke.
Thumps up nokia!
22. drkavint (Posts: 14; Member since: 27 Feb 2013)
iam least bothered about nokia. there is nothing to expect...it will go down in the history as the company who had tech, (pureview), hard ware(carl zeiss lens), software( windows 8) yet never launch device in time and failed in all aspect..
Samsung and apple use the little available and are successful..
nokia is a sleeping cat who thinks itself as roaring tiger.. but history will say it as dead snake..
please shut down fast rather than fooling us and leading for expectations..
i think htc have started to show nokia pattern.. says will launch ultra pixel end up in useless hardware..
2013 marks opening of two leaders samsung and apple..
leading way for ios and android thus dead path for windows and black berry...
to note :2013 new os( fire fox, tizen) are fighting for java place.. i think they never consider to fight ios/android.. they know that they are not so worthy for top place.. unlike windows and blackberry( they are making themselves jackass... )
windows made huge mistake of partner nokia... when they realized , in hurry made another huge mistake of entering hard ware(surface).. they lost respect with nokia and lost future with surface...
apple and android are no more emerging ..they are winners at/from 2013...
iam die hard fan of once lion now dead snake nokia...
30. windroid (unregistered)
See your legs shaking, is it from the hemorrhoids, or just scared of WP success?
I know you fathers didn't gave you one Nokia when tou asked for it, but that's not a reason for being so jealous.
... drkavint, bet Android was fabulous in the first releases, calm down let them grow.
25. faisal8708 (Posts: 104; Member since: 15 Nov 2011)
Time will tell fanboy the same thing i told isheeps two years ago now they r nowhere to be seen on PA
32. Hemoroid (Posts: 72; Member since: 13 Feb 2013)
You are right, the nokiafanboys are next up.
24. jonartpop (Posts: 168; Member since: 25 Oct 2012)
I like how Nokia is really confident with their WP8 devices.
43. Alex123 (Posts: 241; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
Nokia Nokia Nokia, why are you so great? you are a king of feature phone and you will soon be a king of Smartphone. I wish you get successful!
44. joshirajesh1 (Posts: 1; Member since: 01 Mar 2013)
lumia 720 seems to be quite good phone for more details about lumia 720 go to infoflavour-a website related to technology