Nokia Lumia 625 now official; device carries largest Windows Phone 8 screen
0. phoneArena 23 Jul 2013, 03:36 posted on
The Nokia Lumia 625, a phone we first brought to your attention back in May, is now official and as we told you back then, it offers a 4.7 inch screen; that makes it the largest screened Windows Phone 8 model in these pre GDR 3 days. Once that update goes through, OEMs will be able to build Windows Phone flavored models carrying 5 inch (and larger screens) with 1080 x 1920 resolution, and powered by a quad-core processor...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. rd_nest (Posts: 1593; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
WVGA screen in 4.7 inch!
Has to be a super-cheap phone.
6. geetam (Posts: 18; Member since: 15 May 2013)
forgor samsung galaxy grand ?? WVGA in 5 inch screen ?? it was launched with 350$ ??
84. akki20892 (Posts: 3901; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
lumia 625 is just 290$ (230Euro) i guess, but this phone have really cool features. 100% better than grand.
11. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
Samsung did the same to Galaxy Grand
Look at your beloved samsung first before criticizing others
14. rd_nest (Posts: 1593; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
Unlike you, I criticize both.
Samsung did something wrong in past, it doesn't mean Nokia also has to do the same mistake in middle of 2013.
If there is a new galaxy grand news, my comment will remain same.
But there is no doubt that this is a super-cheapo phone. 512MB RAM. WTF? I thought this was 2013!
17. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
the only problem i see with this 625 is the RAM, resolution is no big deal, Galaxy Grand is selling like hot cakes in many asian countries. People want size, they dont care about resolution.
30. whoyton2 (banned) (Posts: 142; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
Resolution is no big deal! What are you on! My 4 inch phone has a higher resolution than that 4.7 inch!
36. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
Tell that to Galaxy Grand and the Galaxy Megas.
Your 4 inch phone? There are no android phones higher than 858 X 480 in resolution, which is only a tad bit higher. Your head is thick enough not to understand this phone is almost in the low secment of mid end in price range.
42. whoyton2 (banned) (Posts: 142; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
Haha you Nokia fanboys are all the same! I don't care about what android has I'm not talking about android! You call me thick headed but your ignorance is so clear by the fact you bark on about how resolution isn't important.....the screen is all dependant on. A screen is the main thing on a phone and that resolution on such a big phone isn't enough.....don't bring samsung or android into it because I'm not talking about them!
47. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
Resolution is low because This is a sub-$300 device, moron. And again, Nexus 5 costs $500+ in other countries, not $300. Try to understand that. This phone goes straight head to head with the Galaxy Win (called Galaxy Grand Quattro in my country), which also has 800X480 on a 4.7' screen.
Galaxy Win has Quad core snapdragon 200, yes, but the cores are cortex A5 which is underpowered, backed by 1gb ram, but the screen is TFT while on Lumia 625 it is IPS. So, Galaxy Win's screen is worse than Lumia 625, look who's talking.
53. cam-whore (Posts: 164; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
you really are smart...."screen is the main thing on a phone". then tell me what do you do with when you're making a call (which is still the main thing on a phone m*ron), and you phone lags and hangs(do i need to mention android?)? Do you eat the screen resolution? Now, let's just talk about the resolution of a TV set, and I assure you, it doesn't blow up in your pockets...
62. Cyberchum (Posts: 676; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Seriously, I don't know what you are on. To the people this phone is targeted at, screen resolution is not a deal breaker. For the love of Mike, stop forcing your opinions on others. The Galaxy S4s of this world are meant for you, stick to them please and stop being a butt hurt.
60. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1163; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
actually my uncle owns a galaxy grand. it looks like S3.
but i dont mind or notice the low resolution on its 5" screen.
57. boosook (Posts: 1437; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Resolution is no big deal only if you've never tried something with a high res screen. The ram is a real issue, esp with wp where many games (e.g. temple run, real racing 2) need 1gb.
70. zennacko (Posts: 237; Member since: 16 Jun 2013)
I don't want size, nor resolution... a 720p 4-inch phone with a quad core, 2 gigs RAM, microSDXC slot AND a battery that lasts 2 days even if I'm downloading 1 terabyte on LTE is what I'd love to see on a phone.
Phones were meant to be used with one hand, if you want size, get a satellite phone, which has far more coverage than any carrier would dream of having.
20. Thefraggot (Posts: 21; Member since: 09 Jan 2012)
for god sake !! please try to understand , 512 mb is the wp8 limitation..there's nothing nokia can do. But still my friend's L520 run very very well
22. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
i think you mean 'standard', not limitation; Lumia 1020 has 2Gb RAM for future-proofing. It is the standard in lower end devices. If Nokia put in 1Gb RAM it will cannibalize the sales of the 820.
59. solomonsteve (Posts: 76; Member since: 19 Dec 2012)
great comment.. its a marketing strategy people need to understand..
27. StreetNerd (Posts: 819; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
lol do research before u post something :')
its a standard like EXK said...
82. Jason2k13 (Posts: 1214; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
too bad samsung never mentioned the galaxy grand as the 'next big thing' like what nokia did.
People got excited for this crap, how disappointing.
89. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
They meant it literally, in terms of size.
12. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3873; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
If you talk about sizes, the Mega is 5.8 with qHD results in a ppi of 190. Compared to that, this is better...but when you compare it to other things, it's not so comparable. But yes, it's cheaper.
29. abcdefgh (banned) (Posts: 471; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
super cheap phone with
46. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3873; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
At the price point, i'd rather add a l'le more and get the 720...
I wish 725 comes with 1GB RAM...if there be any.
48. abcdefgh (banned) (Posts: 471; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
yes dude 725 will definitely have 1gb ram and ill be buying it
85. akki20892 (Posts: 3901; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
he is right nthan, lumia 725 will announce later this year and have 720p 1GB and good camera.
65. hemedans (Posts: 520; Member since: 01 Jun 2013)
lumia 625 has 60hz refresh rate even sg4 doesnt have this
69. ashue (Posts: 28; Member since: 26 Feb 2013)
a good thing about wp8 phones, doesnt matter if you're buying a high end or a low end, the experience you get is the same... so buying this phone is better than getting samsungs or any other android device.... (said by a hardcore android fan, not me)...