Nokia Lumia 625 comes with a new generation of polycarbonate shells
0. phoneArena 23 Jul 2013, 04:28 posted on
It turns out that the colorful interchangeable shells that the Nokia Lumia 625 will be available with have been given additional thought compared to the first polycarb iterations of Nokia. They are translucent, like on the Lumia 620, and the paint is layered from the inside for a "warm glow" look, while the matte finish adds to a more human feel in the hand. Pretty good results, we'd say, showing that Nokia isn't resting on its laurels when it comes to the use of deep-colored polycarb in its signature pillowy Lumias...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Antonyjoseph (Posts: 215; Member since: 06 Apr 2013)
Wow Nokia. 4.7 inch screen for 6XX series. So what about screen sizes for future 7, 8 and 9 series Lumias. Cant wait. This is going to give tough competition to all those Android Mid-range large screen devices (Like Galaxy Grand). Go Nokia Go!
10. juandante (Posts: 391; Member since: 23 Apr 2013)
What Phonearena don't say, because they are paid by Microsoft, is that the screen is 800x480 for 4.7", and 512 mb of RAM.
300EUR (HTX 8X is at about 250EUR and is a WP flagship with better hardware specs), Nexus 4 is about the same price but is way better with Android, and better screen;
11. Antonyjoseph (Posts: 215; Member since: 06 Apr 2013)
The only Samsung phones more than 800 X 480 resolution are S3 and S4. Nokia must be targeting the Galaxy Grand type of phones which also has a 800 X 480, 5" screen but comes with 1GB of RAM.
14. mobilefuture (Posts: 206; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
It NEEDS 1GB RAM so lag could be reduced. Lumia 625 doesn't need 512MB RAM. yeesh...
23. mrdoubleb (Posts: 19; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
What the guys above me said + the 625 will be 220 EUR, not 300...
Anout the HTC 8X, zeah, 250 EUR, right... dream on. It may cost that much today, 10 months after launch, but when it came out it was 430 EUR..
People looking for a 4.7-5" phone will find this an interesting option.
2. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
I like the green one, would prefer this kind of green over the lime green on the 620
3. theminolaboy (Posts: 128; Member since: 18 May 2013)
Another Lumia on the rise and considering the success of the smaller Lumia 520? I just can't imagine. So I think this is a kiss good bye for the never ending campaign of "Android for Nokia". lol
4. mi55u (unregistered)
5. theminolaboy (Posts: 128; Member since: 18 May 2013)
So is the latest flagship of Samsung.. hahaha..
24. Damo579 (Posts: 217; Member since: 18 May 2013)
And the s4 feels like a cheap toy compared to the "plastic" Lumias....
6. abcdefgh (banned) (Posts: 471; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
plastic is another name of .............
you are trying to start a war here itseems
8. vincelongman (Posts: 1682; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
Other than the feel and maybe the look, how is aluminium better than ploycarbonate?
9. theminolaboy (Posts: 128; Member since: 18 May 2013)
If they want aluminum then shove that sexy Nokia Lumia 925 down their throats.. hahaha..
13. Googler (Posts: 813; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
The polycarbonate model that has a metal frame? It's still mostly a plastic phone, just has metal on the edges.
Simple truth is this, there's nothing wrong with plastic on phones. There's actually many pros to using that material, but you never hear that from certain camps. The entire "build quality" stance over polycarbonate vs. aluminum is overblown and ridiculous. Each has pros and cons, both are beneficial in their own ways. "Plastic is cheap" stupidity needs to end.
19. user996 (Posts: 193; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
hey retard polycabonate is bullet prove glass which is used to make airplane windows (
21. Googler (Posts: 813; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
Other than painting yourself as condescending, if you have a point, please make it.
12. jdoee100 (Posts: 312; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
Those plastics look much nicer than upcoming cheap iphones.
16. gazmatic (Posts: 628; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
samsung uses "flimsy" polycarb....
not even worth it
7. volcano (Posts: 267; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
big screen, big battery and affordable price NICE ONE nokia
15. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 2866; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
All colors are superb especially green one, nicely priced for affordable 6XX series.
18. taikucing (unregistered)
cheap case material, ugly & cheap looking, low resolution, low pixel density, low battery capacity, stupid chessboard OS, no customization, few apps, but very expensive. screw you nokia. Thank God, I almost bought nokia.