Nokia Lumia 620 is announced - cheap and colorful
0. phoneArena 05 Dec 2012, 04:12 posted on
Surprise, surprise! Nokia just announced its most affordable Windows Phone 8 smartphone to date – the Lumia 620. We are dealing with a compact device tailored for the needs of the younger crowd. And what better way to attract youngsters than to treat a phone to a flashy paint job?...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Thephonegeek (Posts: 118; Member since: 22 Nov 2012)
Nokia, credits goes to you for such a generous and healthy price tag. It's so good of them. It is one of the most affordable dual core and the most affordable wp. Specs are good and can easily be called a good mid ranger. It looks great. The rear camera is hd. It has a front camera unlike HTC 8S. Good job Nokia.
2. pokharkarsaga (Posts: 352; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
This product is going to be a hit in India.Great pricing.value for money..
9. XperiaUser (unregistered)
Nooooo........ slowly nokia with wp stats losing loyalty in India
(interest also, true fact based on experience . ;) )
13. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
What else do you expect when they don't launch 920/820/900 at the time of US launch in India. IMO US is the most exaggerated/bloated market which is given far too many perks than it deserves.
10. XperiaUser (unregistered)
but hardware is really good...
28. brandonrana (Posts: 57; Member since: 04 Nov 2012)
Omfffgodd....... NOKIA f*******ckkkk+ng grt.... i LOVE u . Iam so gettting this one. XD
21. tashreef (Posts: 476; Member since: 24 Nov 2012)
Yes this is the surprise....
Will worth the each penny you spend on it...
Nokia Lumia 920 In High End Segment,
Nokia Lumia 820 in Mid Segment
Nokia Lumia 620 In Low segment....
29. BillyG (Posts: 305; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
congrats nokia. can't wait for a lumia 920 for 200 bucks or less without contract. at least you'll be famous again in cheap smartphone area. the price you pay for choosing WP instead of android...
5. harsh_doshi (Posts: 36; Member since: 27 Aug 2012)
it has adreno 220 gpu..quite good for the price!!..good job nokia!
14. Piyush91 (unregistered)
i think all S4 plus have adreno 305 or 225...
16. SonyXperiaNexus (Posts: 374; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
phonearena says that it has adreno 305.
17. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
GSMarena says, adreno 220 would be its gpu. And I certainly believe so that it would have 220.
THANK YOU NOKIA. NOW I CAN CHANGE MY GALAXY Y.
32. lumia920 (Posts: 107; Member since: 27 Nov 2012)
dear... now gsmarena also says for 305 gpu... they had corrected it... thanks
36. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
checked that. Now GSMarena says it's 305. :O
4. redmd (Posts: 868; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
This spells disaster for the first gen lumia.
6. onggeo (Posts: 30; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)
Getting this instead of the 8S just because of Nokia Exclusive Apps. Only thing I see hindering this is the 1300mAh battery. Hopefully the battery is accessible so people can just pop in a spare one. One other thing that kinda bugs me, if they lessen the bezel near the buttons they could've put a 4-inch screen instead of 3.8.
8. harsh_doshi (Posts: 36; Member since: 27 Aug 2012)
there are much more reasons for this one against the 8s..front cam, microsd card, removable shells and cheaper!
18. onggeo (Posts: 30; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)
In its defense, the 8S does have an microSD card slot, but the rest spot on.
26. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1120; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
you can change the colors too. everyone loves colors
11. lumialove (Posts: 75; Member since: 16 May 2012)
Hate myself for for buying llumia 710 six months back with more money than this ....
12. AndrewRamirez (Posts: 26; Member since: 24 Apr 2012)
The so-called "dual shot" color technique looks genuine.... especially when applied to the Lime one. :)))
15. ogy_dogy (Posts: 453; Member since: 29 Jun 2012)
Since i own a l710 ill be waiting for the 720 which is sure to come. but loving the 620 either way, great specs for the price...
19. Thephonegeek (Posts: 118; Member since: 22 Nov 2012)
No Snapdragon S4 chip phone use previous gen Adreno 220 gpu. It will use adreno 305gpu.
22. Samsomesh (Posts: 180; Member since: 11 Jun 2012)
This is best windows8 mid-range phone from nokia.... Best luck Nokia.!!
27. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1120; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
correction: best windowsphone8 low end device :D
23. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Well, I think THIS is actually the best WP offering.
WP looks good enough from a casual use viewpoint, and as such this is one of the best mid rangers on the market!
Only issue could be with the screen size for a portrait typing, giving that there's no 9 key t9 layout.
24. devilfisch (Posts: 35; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
The Lumia 710 has a slightly smaller screen 3.7" and it's a cinch to type on it. I always type on portrait as I find it easier compared to the landscape mode for some reason. I also had an HTC 7 Mozart which also had the same screen size. Given my experience with those Windows Phones I can tell that typing isn't much of a problem despite the screen size. Especially with predictive text enabled you can just type away and correcting any mistakes is as easy as tapping on the word and picking the right one.
I agree that this is the best WP8 offering now. I might get my parents into WP8 with this phone since they're not very expensive.
25. anshul0000 (unregistered)
best for me...great design, enough processing power...NOKIA FTW !!
30. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2999; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Hope for those who patiently awaits! :D
I can finally kiss my Symbian goodbye (not literally, i still love it).
Wish the battery be of a larger capacity...other than that, it's a kill.
31. phil2n (Posts: 466; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
I'm going to buy... its gonna be cyan again
34. Ranjan_singh (Posts: 3; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
What exactly the accessible battery mens?? Can I replace its 1300 mah battery with a bigger one??
49. chrischau1308 (Posts: 53; Member since: 28 Feb 2012)
Maybe, since you can pull it out.
Check if there will be a bigger battery, maybe there will ^^!
50. Ranjan_singh (Posts: 3; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Suppose if we have a bigger battery of its size then :/
37. Dastrix (Posts: 576; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
I'm in love!!! Take my money already!!!!! :D
38. droidnator (Posts: 87; Member since: 10 Mar 2011)
Don't wanna burst anyone's bubble, but... $250 for this Nokia, or $300 for Nexus 4? Compare their specs and then do the math.
42. iced_heroine (Posts: 28; Member since: 09 Sep 2012)
well.. that $300 nexus is only available in the US i think,, unlike this phone.. it will hit asia and soon the world, with still that $250 price tag, or lower!!
39. ryq24 (Posts: 479; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
NFC! front facing camera! micro sd card slot! 5mp camera with flash! wp8! if the price stated is true then this phone is really worth buying.
40. 7thspaceman (Posts: 1048; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
hmm Folks Nokia is doing one hell of a job making Windows 8 smart phones to fit all budgets. I do not know if the 610 will get to the USA it should. the Nokia 620 looks better than an 810 or 822 but their specs are more powerful. this a good Windows 8 entry level smart phone in my state with tax it would cost under 270 dollars. to buy a smart phone at that price is not a bad deal for the USA if you want to give windows smart Phones a try.The question is will they make it to the states. what do you folks think?
41. 7thspaceman (Posts: 1048; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
Hmm folks if the Nokia 620 does make it to the USA. It would probably cost 0 to 25 dollars with 2 year contract. this would make a nice first smart phone Christmas for a teenager the USA it sad it's not on sale in the states I predict a more powerful 620 will come to the states and be shown at the CES show in January where most of the Electronic goodies are shown.
43. erick01 (Posts: 19; Member since: 10 Sep 2012)
Are we coming closer to a Nokia "tough" Lumia? Please, say we are.....
44. erick01 (Posts: 19; Member since: 10 Sep 2012)
Are we coming closer to a Nokia "tough" Lumia? Please, say we are.....
45. pliskin1 (Posts: 59; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
C'mon now, I want a smallish device released in the states. Everything that catches my eye is outside the US. WTF manufacturers, there's a market for smaller devices here too y'know.
46. Jyakotu (Posts: 818; Member since: 12 Dec 2008)
This seems like a great entry level device. Also, kudos to the Windows Phone OEMs for bringing back color to their devices! It was getting SO boring with all the black, white, and steel/gray/sliver slabs out there.
47. MC1123 (Posts: 1236; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
love this!! might get this!!!
but whats the point of releasing the nokia lumia 510? i think that would be better since it got 4"!
but this is awesome! hope to see yo this christmas!! is this the rumored nokia flame or glory?
48. kadakbadshaah (Posts: 1; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
everything looks perfect except battery...:(
lumia 710 has 1300 mah..and it has pathetic battery life..hope it can do better than that..!
51. Ganvartin (Posts: 4; Member since: 05 Feb 2013)
I'm planning to get the new Nokia Lumia 620. Can someone tell me which Class MicroSD card would best suit for this device? Is it Class 2, Class 4 or Class 6? Kindly Suggest . . . :-)