Nokia Lumia 521 on sale for $79.95 at Walmart and Amazon
0. phoneArena 10 Dec 2013, 18:11 posted on
The entry level Nokia Lumia 521 has been one of the reasons why Windows Phone 8 has picked up some momentum in the second half of the year. THe low-priced handset offers plenty of value for the price, and most every time it has been on sale at Walmart, T-Mobile or HSN, it has quickly sold out. The device is the T-Mobile branded version of the Nokia Lumia 520, which has actually played a bigger role than the Lumia 521 with strong sales performances in emerging markets...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. donfem (Posts: 567; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
A nice follow up to very good low-priced device.
3. cripton805 (Posts: 1117; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
This is a tempting buy even if I will only own it for a month. lol
4. wilsong17 (unregistered)
im going to buy to try window phone compare to my note 3
12. SuperMaoriBro (Posts: 387; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
You will be dissappointed. I have lumia 520 to try wp8 and its an ok phone to use as a basic device. But the os cant hold a candle to android devices
5. sri_tech (Posts: 188; Member since: 21 May 2013)
Lumia 520/521 are selling very well in many countries.
US: Best selling no-contract phones on Amazon, bestbuy, walmart.
India: Best selling phone on flipkart, Amazon, snapdeal.
China, UK: One of the best selling smartphone on Amazon.
6. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9511; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Already bought one for my mother for her birthday/Christmas. Thank you Amazon!
10. cheeseycheeser (Posts: 408; Member since: 24 Mar 2011)
What about an unlocked/international version? I've only seen the non-Tmobile ones for $150
13. Hassan420i (Posts: 24; Member since: 23 Jun 2013)
can i unlock it to use other celluler SIM?
14. quyenqchau0813 (Posts: 94; Member since: 22 Mar 2013)
Only if you use their service for at least one month, and maybe there are some other requirements. I don't really remember everything, but T-Mobile is pretty easy on these stuffs, in contrast to other big carriers.
16. pradeepreddy (Posts: 53; Member since: 01 Apr 2013)
if you plan to unlock don't buy 521, you need to have an a/c with t-mobile & atleast $50 in recharges. check below for other requirements
also, if you plan to buy unlock code, the unlock code for 521 costs morethan $30(whereas 520 costs less than $10 though).
15. 7thspaceman (Posts: 1246; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
after Microsoft takes over Nokia Devices and services next year. I think the MS Lumia 525
will be Microsoft's low end smart phone because it has the specs to run all of Windows phone 8's software except skipe because I do not think it has a front facing camera. That wont deter some folks from buying it. The 525's main weakness is that it does not have s rea flash for it's rear camera