Nokia Lumia 521 on sale for $79.95 at Walmart and Amazon
The Nokia Lumia 521 is now on sale for $79.95 from Amazon and Walmart. That is the complete non-contract price which makes the phone a great idea for a holiday gift. Amazon only has a limited number in stock, so keep that in mind when deciding when and where to order from.
The Nokia Lumia 520/521 will soon be replaced on the low-end of the Lumia totem pole by the Nokia Lumia 525 which replaces the 512MB of RAM on the Lumia 520 with 1GB of RAM, while most of the other specs remain the same.
source: Walmart, Amazon via WMPoweruser
1. donfem (Posts: 554; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
A nice follow up to very good low-priced device.
3. cripton805 (Posts: 995; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
This is a tempting buy even if I will only own it for a month. lol
4. wilsong17 (Posts: 1088; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
im going to buy to try window phone compare to my note 3
12. SuperMaoriBro (Posts: 348; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
You will be dissappointed. I have lumia 520 to try wp8 and its an ok phone to use as a basic device. But the os cant hold a candle to android devices
5. sri_tech (Posts: 188; Member since: 21 May 2013)
Lumia 520/521 are selling very well in many countries.
US: Best selling no-contract phones on Amazon, bestbuy, walmart.
India: Best selling phone on flipkart, Amazon, snapdeal.
China, UK: One of the best selling smartphone on Amazon.
6. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8922; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Already bought one for my mother for her birthday/Christmas. Thank you Amazon!
10. cheeseycheeser (Posts: 396; Member since: 24 Mar 2011)
What about an unlocked/international version? I've only seen the non-Tmobile ones for $150
13. Hassan420i (Posts: 24; Member since: 23 Jun 2013)
can i unlock it to use other celluler SIM?
14. quyenqchau0813 (Posts: 87; Member since: 22 Mar 2013)
Only if you use their service for at least one month, and maybe there are some other requirements. I don't really remember everything, but T-Mobile is pretty easy on these stuffs, in contrast to other big carriers.
16. pradeepreddy (Posts: 47; Member since: 01 Apr 2013)
if you plan to unlock don't buy 521, you need to have an a/c with t-mobile & atleast $50 in recharges. check below for other requirements
also, if you plan to buy unlock code, the unlock code for 521 costs morethan $30(whereas 520 costs less than $10 though).
15. 7thspaceman (Posts: 1143; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
after Microsoft takes over Nokia Devices and services next year. I think the MS Lumia 525
will be Microsoft's low end smart phone because it has the specs to run all of Windows phone 8's software except skipe because I do not think it has a front facing camera. That wont deter some folks from buying it. The 525's main weakness is that it does not have s rea flash for it's rear camera