Nokia Lumia 520 owns 27% of Windows Phone 8 market; model numbers leaked for Nokia's phablet
0. phoneArena 17 Aug 2013, 07:05 posted on
According to the latest data from AdDuplex's mobile advertising network, the entry level Nokia Lumia 520 handset currently accounts for 27% of all Windows Phone 8 models being used; throw all Windows Phone models into the equation and the Nokia Lumia 520 still accounts for a rather hefty 18% of Windows Phone units in use today...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 1681; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
Go, WP :)
But really, can someone tell me why ms decided to have the search button on the phones rather than the menu/more key?
5. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 1150; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
Because may be they are planning to add a unified search engine in future updates (an all in one place).
but seriously these accidental pressing on search button is really annoying though.
8. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 1681; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
The thing is, Idk if it's more useful than the menu/more/whatever button it is that androids have.
18. -box- (Posts: 3977; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
I love the search button, it lets me look something up in one action. Yes, I do sometimes accidentally hit it on occasion, but WP is so quick it is only a momentary interruption. Pre-ICS phones had the search button, and I think it's a missing function, rather than having to use a multifunction button for the same function.
14. icyrock1 (Posts: 307; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
Should have been there at launch, IMO. Android and iOS already have there versions of it (google now, spotlight).
7. zuckerboy (banned) (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
I think this is success of nokia not wp.
26. DKJnr (Posts: 24; Member since: 11 Mar 2013)
I love it actually quickly access Music Search like if I here a song I like on Radio or TV and have missed the song name & artist.
Quite handy even if accidental pressing is frequent. Menu button would only help bring up list of icons which you can access quickly by swiping right to left. Unlike Android that doesn't have that swipe action, menu button would be quite useless IMHO.
2. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 1150; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
Proud to be a Lumia 520 owner....
never felt this much satisfaction on any other law end phone
an unmatchable law end phone.
24. Glim12808 (Posts: 394; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
My cousin bought one and I expected it to be crappy because of the cheap price - was I in for a surprise! It actually performs like a premium phone! But might this be a problem for Nokia and MS? You know, why buy the 920 when the 520 performs great too.
3. tusshharish (Posts: 342; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
nokia lumia 520 is better than any android in its price range and many buyers use this phone as secondary phone so that is why is has more contribution than any other wp8 device ..........
6. tashreef (Posts: 476; Member since: 24 Nov 2012)
Lumia 625 is the 8th best seller at snapdeal india, sold out on pre-orders
Will blow every lag out of water (in its range)
9. aco96 (Posts: 231; Member since: 12 Oct 2012)
I love my Samsung Ativ S. WP 8 is awesome OS :D
10. Credo (Posts: 720; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
Can't wait for my Amber update due to arrive on monday according to Nokia Belgium !
19. papss (unregistered)
The update is small but good none the less. I actually enjoy peek the most. Also love the double tap to bring the screen on.
23. Damo579 (Posts: 242; Member since: 18 May 2013)
Same here hopefully I'll get this this week. Looking forward to glance and being able to use the pro camerea app that's on the 1020.
11. shadez10 (Posts: 410; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
This is why i love using my lumia 520 than my galaxy s2... XD
12. YodhaMali (Posts: 49; Member since: 05 Jan 2013)
My little brother and I use Lumia 520 and Xperia U respectively. As a matter of fact, both the phones have 1 GHz dual core processors and 512 MB RAM. I make fun of the Lumia 520 citing the lack of apps and games on WP8 and in turn he makes fun of the lag on my Android phone.
13. CardiWPfan (Posts: 129; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
This is just the beginning for Nokia. Nokia has plans to dominate the budget phone market. I am a proud owner of a Nokia Lumia 521 and Nokia Lumia 920!! Nokia ftw!!
15. Mozarrt (Posts: 297; Member since: 08 Oct 2011)
My sister got her white 520 today from Amazon, as she has no clue how phones work I got to install everything and test it. I must say it is a crafty piece of engineering, I've had the 8S which has the same internals but the 520 feels much faster. I feel bad about my Lumia 920 at the moment. Camera is crap though on it.
I don't mind Windows Phone going for the lower end specs, we need more users.
16. Topcat488 (Posts: 1288; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Nokia owns 27% of WP Market, and M$ owns 100% of Nokia... ;/
Sounds like a pretty fair deal, if your name is M$oft.
17. papss (unregistered)
If you are going to comment fanboy make sure you have right info. Nokia owns like 80% not 20%.
20. Sondae (Posts: 228; Member since: 02 Jan 2013)
I hope nokia keep making a low end phone without sacrificing the quality built of the phone.
27. DKJnr (Posts: 24; Member since: 11 Mar 2013)
I think this is where HTC gets it very wrong, In a huge market like India it has
28. Bozzor (Posts: 166; Member since: 02 May 2012)
Nokia are not out of the woods yet, but it appeals Elops strategy has definitely NOT failed up to this point: that is different from calling it a resounding success, but it does seem that he has bought time and then some. What happens next will be interesting indeed.
29. BraggingBob (Posts: 25; Member since: 17 May 2013)
I don't know if Lumia 520 having 27% of the pie is a good thing. That means all the newer models aren't selling.