Nokia Lumia 520 is the top selling Windows device in the world
0. phoneArena 28 Sep 2013, 14:11 posted on
We've often commented on how Nokia has really been sizzling hot in the lower end of the smartphone market; no surprise then, that the Nokia Lumia 520 is the highest selling Windows device on the planet. That includes other Windows Phone flavored handsets, Windows powered PCs and tablets. Microsoft itself has realized how important the Nokia Lumia 520 has become...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. smallworld (Posts: 484; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
Not sure if Nokia and Microsoft should be proud of that...
8. akki20892 (Posts: 3900; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
what can we say about this device just one thing That's a "little champ"
10. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
I like how the best seller in a line that is known for cameras, is a phone with 5mp and no flash.
12. brrunopt (Posts: 742; Member since: 15 Aug 2013)
only the high end modes are "known for cameras"
14. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
The whole lumia line is marketed as camera centric.
21. Muzhhur (Posts: 260; Member since: 14 Sep 2012)
Esay to answer, not so many has enough money to spend on expensives smarthphones
31. Snoobab (Posts: 175; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
Lower-end handsets will always sell in greater amounts than their flagship devices. It's common sense.
2. Yes-Sir (banned) (Posts: 58; Member since: 16 Sep 2013)
That's what "NokiaWP" are great at! Selling "low, budget phones"
19. weinerslav (Posts: 126; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
well, now we know what the wannabes and the pretentious crowd get... You spoil all the fun!
22. sprockkets (Posts: 1611; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
Top selling Galaxy S3 and S4 android devices aren't "low, budget phones"
24. WindowsiDroid (Posts: 133; Member since: 22 Jul 2013)
Nah, I rather buy budget wp8 than budget laggy android, if you want to buy an Android you must buy 4 cores and 1gb of ram and most of this specs can be seen in Mid-End devices. I have an Nexus 4 it doesnt lag because of optimization and my brother have Sammy Galaxy S3 Mini and it lags a lot totally lag unlike my friend that have L520 it doesnt lag even playing like Temple Run 2.
28. tadaa (Posts: 267; Member since: 18 Apr 2013)
buuut wp doesn't have temple run 2. only temple run 1. and the 520 does lag occasionally, and the loading and resuming screens tend to get annoying.
30. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 949; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
Budget WP8 smartphones (like the 520) don't lag any thing remotely like Android devices in the same price range, and they are also free of Viri. Amen.
3. N-fanboy (Posts: 543; Member since: 12 Jan 2013)
Pricing is the key to the success of many companys... except for Apple it seems, it will sell you a 2010 phone for a 2020 phone's price.
6. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 974; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
You know what? It sucks that Nokia are finding it hard to make it into high end, but the Lumia 520 is one great low end smartphone, very fast, smooth and functional. I'd actually recommend it over many similarly priced Androids.
20. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3606; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
This device is for people who wants the best of two worlds.
It's an affordable smartphone.
29. tadaa (Posts: 267; Member since: 18 Apr 2013)
its head and shoulders above any phone in its price range
7. tedkord (Posts: 9952; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
That's like being the most popular WNBA team.
23. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 2088; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Damn, Ted, so harsh, but so true. "Governor of Alaska? That's like the principal of a home school." I laughed. +1, dude.
16. aries.phills (Posts: 140; Member since: 17 May 2011)
Nice to know that Nokia had something sizzling hot to cover the lower market end. Good thing it will add some goodie to their revenue which is way better than a bleeding revenue.
25. Mube007 (Posts: 234; Member since: 24 Sep 2013)
I like this ph but two thing is missing that is led flash +1gb ram...
27. tashreef (Posts: 476; Member since: 24 Nov 2012)
You forgot to mention Quad-core processor and 1080p FHD display O.o
26. Rongocook (Posts: 76; Member since: 20 Sep 2013)
Nice! Bring out the successor of this little champ on 22nd oct.
32. ryq24 (Posts: 681; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
It would be nice if they release the actual quantity sold otherwise it means nothing.
34. 7thspaceman (Posts: 1515; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
Microsoft is said to be going to push hard into emerging markets overseas. this a good strategy since the other markets are saturated with Android and Apple Iphones. Windows phone 8 debuts in June 2012 it's a younger OS than Android or Apple IOS. .Folks Windows smart phone is getting 2 coming really big updates especially the Windows 8.1 blue update next year that will give it features other smart phones boast they have windows smart phones don't have plus next year is the year where the stores of all windows 8 devices will be the same. I think it will take Microsoft 2 years of hard work to unify the operating systems of all it's devices but they have a chance of doing this because they all us the "NT OS CORE" I would loke them to pull this off.
35. DracheMitch (Posts: 5; Member since: 21 Jan 2014)
What the Lumia 520 shows is that Microsoft lied about why WP7 phones could not be updated. It was strictly politics. I'm sure that behind the scenes they charged a new licensing fee for WP8 and shafted the consumers. My HTC Titan has better specs than the Lumia 520 (which I also own). Microsoft claimed it was hardware like 1GB RAM and NFC (which they said would be standard on all WP8 phones). The Lumia 620 also has only 512MB ram and only 1 GHz processor. My Titan has 512MB and 1.5 GHz (single core but it benchmarks higher as WP is not optimized for multi-core).