Nokia Lumia 520 is now available in the United States
The Lumia 520 has already launched in the United Kingdom and other markets. It features a 4-inch WVGA display, a 1GHz dual-core processor, and a 5-megapixel camera. But most importantly it comes with Nokia’s free HERE Maps with offline navigation and the Nokia Music app with the Mix Radio free music streaming service.
The Lumia 520 sold at Expansys will work with AT&T and T-Mobile in the United States, but it is fully unlocked and not carrier branded. T-Mobile has announced it will bring the Lumia 521 in May. The Lumia 521 a very similar model that you’d be able to purchase with a subsidy on the carrier.
1. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2957; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
I think it doesn't make sense buying this phone with contract when it's available cheap off-contract.
11. blattlaus (Posts: 56; Member since: 12 Dec 2010)
T-Mobile changed their plans and all plans are contract free- the phone isn't subsidized as stated in the article or with a contract. You can either buy it outright or pay it off on an interest free installment plan that is billed as a separate line item on your phone bill. Nokia is selling the 520 for about $180 overseas, so the 521 should be similar.
5. Shubham412302 (Posts: 292; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
after its released in India then in USA.
in India its set to release in 3rd week of April
3. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1207; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
Lumia 620 is a better deal , front facing camera included
6. lumia920 (Posts: 101; Member since: 27 Nov 2012)
nokia should make those bezels smaller and smaller. i wonder why they can't???? why??? why???
7. Mobile-X-Pert (Posts: 565; Member since: 20 Dec 2010)
That's because people were complaining about accidental press on the touch buttons.
13. lumia920 (Posts: 101; Member since: 27 Nov 2012)
they should use physical buttons to avoid accidental presses.
10. dexter_jdr (Posts: 890; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
so you can put cases on a phone, while easily touching the edge of the screen.?
p.s. "can't" and "won't" are two different meanings
12. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
Perhaps the reason why Nokia phones are tougher should be obvious to you now
8. papss (Posts: 2879; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
For a cheap phone this is a looker... It looks better than any SS product cheap or flagship
9. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4666; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
The Lumia 520 looks more beautiful when compared to Samsung entry-level phones. I'm not kidding, I'm serious!