Nokia Lumia 520 helps the Finnish OEM score a 10% share in the UK
0. phoneArena 12 Jul 2013, 18:13 posted on
Even though the Nokia Lumia 520 is a low-end device, or maybe because it is, the device has been a hot selling item for Nokia; the variant of the phone branded with the T-Mobile name, the Nokia Lumia 521, has been such a big winner in the states that it sold out at HSN, T-Mobile and Walmart. In Europe, the Nokia Lumia 520 has helped the Finnish based OEM account for a 10% market share in the U.K...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
3. phil2n (Posts: 466; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
Nokia is bouncing back, and wait for few more years until they will took their crown again
4. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
calm down..... probably another lie from Microsoft ;)
8. cam-whore (Posts: 164; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
and are you then another paid troll from samdung?....
2. KiranPAUSER (Posts: 73; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
Yes you can do it nokia, you can defeat ios in uk.
16. number29 (Posts: 185; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
It's Android we need to hope WP chips away at. Android is in danger of becoming the defacto standard, so we need to balance the books a bit by taking some share from Android and giving it to WP.
5. sri_tech (Posts: 188; Member since: 21 May 2013)
Good thing here is with WP they get to sell higher margin products like 920, 820.
With Symbian most of them are low to mid range phones and most of them cost less than Lumia 520.
Its good for Nokia financially.
7. snowgator (Posts: 3199; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
Sorry, WP and Nokia haters: Maybe they are light years from challenging the big two, but neither is going anywhere anytime soon.
9. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1619; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Well done Nokia thoroughly deserved....now just sack elop and I guarantee my next phone will be a Nokia!
15. DFranch (Posts: 139; Member since: 20 Apr 2012)
So you won't buy a Nokia because you don't like their CEO? What has he ever done to you?
I mean I understand that for a CEO like Steve Jobs, because so much of the compaines identity was tied to him, and he was kind of a douche.
11. SingDaFire (Posts: 74; Member since: 21 Jun 2013)
Good work Nokia.. Congrats.. May you enjoy a much greater success in the coming months..;) We're all here to support you don't worry..:)
13. mui2g6 (Posts: 20; Member since: 12 Dec 2012)
After my bad experience with my xperia mini pro (still love Sony tho) i'm definitely goin to get a Lumia 720
14. Sondae (Posts: 185; Member since: 02 Jan 2013)
This is one good apportunity for Nokia to try to make low budget Phone without sacrificing the quality and specs of the phone. Not all people want to buy expensive phone as long as it has a decent specs and quality...