Nokia Lumia 520 and 720 prices and release dates revealed for India
0. phoneArena 20 Mar 2013, 03:43 posted on
Nokia’s newest additions to the Lumia lineup which made a memorable debut at the Mobile World Congress...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. brandonrana (Posts: 57; Member since: 04 Nov 2012)
Super affordable....... Now me and my frend is damn sure of buying that sexy LUMIA 520 :D
2. Timmehor (Posts: 599; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
Awesome prices, with awesome features! should sell well!
18. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4640; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Too bad the Lumia 520 doesn't support wireless charging. But it is still a decent Windows Phone. :)
4. Timmehor (Posts: 599; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
I'm more worked up by the 520 for its affordable AMAZING price for its abundance of features. Nokia really know how to work on lower markets like a boss.
5. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 720; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
these phones will dominate the low end market and if anyone disagrees list a low end android that's better than this (at a similar price) ;)
14. Timmehor (Posts: 599; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
*cricketing quietens* (after maxwells post)
9. Maxwell.R (Posts: 117; Member since: 20 Sep 2012)
I am not trying to be a "gotcha" guy here, but China is dumping well-spec'ed Android hardware over there, I won't pretend to know the build quality, but there is indeed competition. The Umi X2 Quad-core: 14,000 rupees.http://www.phonearena.com/news
10. Timmehor (Posts: 599; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
I saw that actually, but if you've noticed here, we are all Nokia biased, so, yeah, ..... but WOW those specs are great for the price!
12. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 720; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
well 3 points 1st you did get me
2nd do these nice high specked phone have all the nokia support and care and niceness
and lastly at the end of the day it's about the experience and i won't be the judge of that :)
13. Timmehor (Posts: 599; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
Mhmm, quality is dodgy but is what is expected from the price. Specs are good on paper.
17. platformwars (Posts: 52; Member since: 14 Sep 2012)
That's right.. Androids are available for as less as Rs. 4000/-($80) but the thing is... Nokia is a reliable brand and finally the company has woken up and have started treating India as an important market.. the people here are very price sensitive and they want a handset that can run a OS smoothly.. Not many worry about having the latest.. those who do.. have high end handsets.. Heck.. ive got alot of frnds who have Note II and so do their wives.. but they dont know anything about Anrdoid.. all they do is what they used to do on Blackberry.. Call,SMS, Whatsapp and FB(with a little browsing).. but they have the NOTE II coz its the latest status symbol along with the IP5..
I'm Taking about 100 Note II users not even knowing what the stylus is all about... and also what Google Now is.. What widgets are..
29. rusticguy (Posts: 2810; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Above 12k and it's not same game as $100 phones. People here get sensitive above 14k price. Then they want everything ... or start looking at Samsung when it comes to "brand". LUMIA 920 didn;pt do pretty well so their India head hinted at reducing prices also.
10-14K INR and it becomes a Micromax + Karbon territory.
16. predator93 (Posts: 117; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
If we ignore the phones from Indian manufacturers and Chinese manufacturers, 520 has no competition and will be extremely successful (its expected retail price is less than Rs 11000). But same can't be said about 720 as it may face tough competition from more powerful Optimus L9 and Xperia L(whenever it launches). But I will definitely pick Lumia 720 over any other phone for that price.
7. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1207; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
hope they give some back covers with the 520
8. Timmehor (Posts: 599; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
I doubt it, they do give a lot to their customers for good prices but ... eh, i dont know if they will. :/
15. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 720; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
They should you still pay for the extra back covers and it would the whole point of having removal back covers like these if they don't give you the options to buy different ones
19. Marcus_h (Posts: 41; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
$300 in India (or £200), £300 in UK so far. Does that mean the US and Euro prices are set to be lower than those discussed?
22. Marcus_h (Posts: 41; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Ooops - I meant will the UK (not US) and Euro prices come down
20. digitalw (Posts: 45; Member since: 20 Dec 2011)
What NOKIA MUST do is ADVERTISING! The success of Samsung is only in ADVERTISING! Nothing more!
And, yes... Lumia 720 is my favotrite!
21. yahoo29 (Posts: 71; Member since: 15 Sep 2012)
I literally like the design, camera, Nokia Features the only thing that made me a big drawback is the OS of that phone . It will buy it if is in Android OS.
23. shadez10 (Posts: 381; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
Does the nokia 720 comes with interchangable covers?. Or is it the same as 920?.
24. poppie (Posts: 4; Member since: 04 Oct 2012)
In Vietnam, retail stores reveal the lumia 520 at 3,800,000 vnd which is only $181. Go to Vietnam and pick a 520
33. poppie (Posts: 4; Member since: 04 Oct 2012)
lumia 720 is 7,390,000 vnd which is about $352
34. poppie (Posts: 4; Member since: 04 Oct 2012)
The Vietnam lumia 520 is cheaper than India 520. But the 720 is more expensive. The 520 is already great at that price so I dont care about 720. huge money gap, low experience difference
26. ItsMyChoice (Posts: 37; Member since: 19 Mar 2013)
Nokia 520 is available on flipkart with 10,499 Rs. price tag + 8 GB Memory card.
30. znellu (Posts: 54; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
The prices mentioned above by PA are inaccurate, since the pricing announced for L520 is ₹10,500 ($193). And L720 is expected to be priced around ₹19k ($350) or ₹20k ($368) as the L710 was priced ₹19k at launch.
31. Jamshiem (Posts: 4; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
DEAR NOKIA really great really affordable really future touch.
Lumia 520 U for we Indians Lumia 720 U for Me Bcoz am Indian.