Nokia Lumia 520 already the top Windows Phone in India
0. phoneArena 04 May 2013, 13:51 posted on
Pre-orders for Nokia’s entry-level Windows Phone were a strong indicator of success for the Lumia 520...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. martinlosha (unregistered)
What is this windows phone?
Where can I get one?
4. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3586; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Get out of your cave... Walk to the direction of the sun, keep walking until you find Nokia written on it...
23. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
No that wasn't; it was funny as all roty hell!!
11. quyenqchau0813 (unregistered)
Walmart will and Home Shopping network already have it. Google will do the rest for you ^^!
Oh and that's a T-Mobile version, called Lumia 521 (though the 1 and 0 don't really change anything inside the phone)
32. quyenqchau0813 (unregistered)
Why do I get thumb down for advising?
15. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Just go to Best Buy or Walmart! Geez.......
No Windows Phone, no wings.........
26. znellu (Posts: 74; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Why do ignorant fools like you visit the tech websites and comment BS always?!
2. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3586; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
"While loaded with only 8GB of RAM..." that should be internal storage Max.
RAM is of 512mb.
I was expecting this news...it's not so surprising.
5. mafiaprinc3 (Posts: 502; Member since: 07 May 2012)
1 gig of ram should be the least on all phones,wp8 or android as applications will become more demanding regardlesss of optimizations. doesn't matter if entry level or not improved graphics will demand it
lumia 520, good looking phone!
7. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3586; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
That would be good yeah. No problems on compatibility issues.
Next year, when 3GB of RAM appears on a flagship, 1GB RAM will become the starting norm.
6. mayur007 (Posts: 562; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
Nokia wants to grab its position back...
in India .. as they were...
8. sukimtk (Posts: 13; Member since: 04 May 2013)
well just to say that i want to get one of these :P
go go nokia power :D
10. akki20892 (Posts: 3896; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Great Low Range Device From Nokia.......!!!
13. saiki4116 (Posts: 379; Member since: 31 Mar 2011)
In India, Nokia is a most trusted Brand, For any wanting a basic and smooth smartphone experience, at that price point, 520 is the obvious choice.
14. deburocks (Posts: 126; Member since: 20 Apr 2013)
the only decent androids available at that price in india is canvas 2, karbonn and some other local manufacturers. They all carry 512 mb ram and screen is inferior to nokia 520 lumia. The only intl cmpany that can go against it is sony with its tipo, byt that too is 3_5 inch normal display, and everybdy kniws how droids run vid less then 512 mb ram. It is an awesum device with a nice price tag. Will definatly do wonders. And as for low ram , windows fine vid 512 mb. Its only that some games are nt ported vid 512 mb ram . But will be ported with low ram in future( hope so). Nokia knows how to put ltd resources into use, without using smthing extra. Hope to see an identical brother of nokia n8 or 808 p.v with windows o.s. I will buy one for sure, as windows the future. Msft should lower the price of games and apps to reach the masses in india, that is how they can get revenue and keeping their ( specially nokia,s) prices low. . Atleast nokia is not doing a dumb advt like samd@@g. Lol
16. SMR_NDA (Posts: 2; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
So atleast 90.5% of all Windows Phone devices are from Nokia! Now imagine the kind of market share Nokia may go on to have if Windows Phone becomes a hit
17. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Nokia outsells Samsung in India! \('')/
Indians are using TRUE NOKIA MASTERPIECE!! Indians have good taste!
Nokia, hope you will keep outselling Samsung in India, and also, worldwide! Good luck Nokia!
29. shuaibhere (Posts: 1983; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Samsung is still no.1 when it comes smart phones..
Most of the nokia phones selling are basic phones...most people in india buy nokia here because they don't know any other mobile company....
Even micromax canvas sells more than nokia lumia phones...
18. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Nokia really dissapoints most of these phone only have 512MB of RAM. Games like Temple Run requires 1GB RAM At least.
20. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Actually, 512MB of RAM is already OK for a Windows Phone. Just like the Nokia Lumia 520, it has 512MB of RAM, if you can't play Temple Run, you still can play Asphalt 7 very smoothly!
34. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Yes it is ok but not future proof, 2yrs more most apps won't run on it
40. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Me, because I'm poor and cannot buy a full price unlock phone every year.
22. mew7946510 (Posts: 55; Member since: 10 Nov 2010)
Don't compare it to your android phones, people. Android has a 'lag' feature after all while wp don't.
36. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
I'm not comparing with Windows Phone my friend. All I'm saying 1GB is a must nowadays. Most heavy apps or games requires more than 512MB. Thus you will be left out. It is a reality, do some research and you'll see.
37. mew7946510 (Posts: 55; Member since: 10 Nov 2010)
Well that works only on Android since it's the only mobile platform requiring too much memory and very fast cpu and gpu just to run smoothly. WP phones may have small ram but it's more than sufficient to run most apps smoothly.
39. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
WP runs smoothly, WP does not lag, WP is beautiful. This is true and I agree with that. However intensive applications or games requires more than 512MB of RAM. If you don't believe me read those phone reviews together with Windows Store reviews. You will see some apps does not appear on Windows Store as they require more than 512MB of RAM. Please do some research.
27. Altair (Posts: 367; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
Why are you whining like a baby. Buy more expensive phone with more memory and stop crying.
35. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Samsung Galaxy S4 is $750 here while Nokia Lumia 920 is $700. I'll glad go for SG4.
19. deburocks (Posts: 126; Member since: 20 Apr 2013)
hey bluesky.....fyki temple run 2 is running smoothly in my friends canvas 2 ..vid 512 mb ram. Its just that samdung cant run it, if 512 mb can run temple run 2 in a $200 android, so does windows.....use canvas 2 and canvas hd 2. They give excellent performance.....samdung is going nowhere, even i vud prefer a canvas hd if i really wanna buy any android......
21. Saintmarino (Posts: 12; Member since: 02 Dec 2012)
I have bought this phone, its a looker and very good value for the price offered.
I am facing an issue with the microSD card slot though: its not detecting my card :(. Anyone else faced this issue? The card is fine, I have checked on another phone.
25. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
How big is the card? There may be a limit with this phone and maximum expandable storage, however, I could be talking from my rumpus. But, then again, gave up on Windows Mobile THREE years ago. Also, was the card originally in another Windows phone or and Android phone? If Android, it might still have some Android system files on it which Windows may not recognize. Try reformatting the card on a desktop or, if you can get access to, another Windows phone.
31. Saintmarino (Posts: 12; Member since: 02 Dec 2012)
Hi thanks, its a new card of 8 GB. Is there supposed to be some click when the card is inserted (you know what I mean), to ensure that card is inserted properly? Mine doesn't.
24. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Well, if I didn't have my Galaxy Note 2 (and, since I already know better), I might be inclined to hop on a flight to the land of Sprint's Customer Service Call Centers to grab one of these. But, even with the minor and minute (I know, a bit redundant but so are those Tiles), the Lumia 520 is still a far cry from my Note 2.
28. Altair (Posts: 367; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
Dude, you are comparing your premium (still cheap looking plastic brick) phone to the entry level handset. What a genius we have here! You and your Shamesung device earn each others!
30. Antonyjoseph (Posts: 217; Member since: 06 Apr 2013)
Dude the samsung phone you should be comparing with this phone are the Galaxy Ace and Galaxy Ace duos.(similar price) Both come loaded with Gingerbread and have very basic specs with below average 3.5 inch screens. If u are comparing Note 2 it should be with Nokia 920
33. jsdechavez (Posts: 717; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
Nokia is always leads specially in the mid-range and entry levels.
41. manoj7878 (Posts: 7; Member since: 03 May 2013)
Smartphonecashin definitely pays the highest values from all the cell phone trade-in programs.